Livonia, MI

Posted October 10, 2013
Great school. VP needs to get it together and quit with the "this (sleeveless shirts, shorts during basketball practice, whatever) is distracting to young men" comments. School needs to beef up security and quit releasing kids to whoever shows up without bothering to check emergency cards or IDs. My kids are happy there, we are school of choice after leaving a horrible district. I am mostly happy with the school, I wouldn't go back and I always recommend it to parents looking to leave other horrible schools.

Clarenceville Middle School 1

Posted August 26, 2013
mean teachers. bad cooking!! vice principal very judgmental. not many athletic programs . school needs to be updated in computers.

Clarenceville Middle School 5

Posted March 23, 2010
i recently moved out of state but i went to clarenceville all the way up to 8th grade. just about everyone gets along. the teachers were very fair and actually care about their students. i never realized how great clarenceville really was until i moved. i actually loved going to school

Posted August 07, 2009
I just graduated from CMS last year. Yes there were cliques there, but honestly aren't there cliques in every school? All of the teachers seemed to have the students interests at heart. Students were not treated differently because of the color of their skin; students were worked with according to their behavior. Some students may not have gotten along, but the students at the school were all pretty close anyways. Overall, my experience at CMS was a good one.

Posted August 07, 2009
I just graduated from CMS last year. Yes there were cliques there, but honestly aren't there cliques in every school? All of the teachers seemed to have the students interests at heart. Students WERE NOT treated differently because of the color of their skin; students were worked with according to their BEHAVIOR. Some students may not have gotten along, but the students at the school were all pretty close anyways. Overall, my experience at CMS was a good one.

Clarenceville Middle School 5

Posted October 24, 2008
This school is awesome. If there's one thing I've noticed it's that whenever I see kids that don't go to my school, most of the time they seem immature, or just plain annoying. A lot of them seem like the kind of kids who laugh at fart jokes and would tell a teacher over the slightest misbehavior, but I guess that's because I'm used to Clarenceville. You might see one of the students and think he is immature because he is rebellious, fun loving, trash talking - in other words, a 'teenager', whereas other kids are quiet, well-behaved, and seemingly dependent on their parents. Clarenceville kids just tend to be tougher, I guess. I'm not saying we're thugs or anything, but if you want to prepare your kid for a serious, challenging world this school is

Clarenceville Middle School 3

Posted October 02, 2008
Your last parent reviwer is quite obviously a part of the afore mentioned cliques. To actually label children 'trouble makers' and to say teachers get along better with the 'respctful students' and judge children by their personality is the whole point trying to be made here. Parents send children to school to be educated by professionals, not judged to win a personality contest. I have seen great improvements in our school this year and expect to see more. Once the past mistakes have been acknowledged, we can all work for a common goal of educating all students equally, not just the those from overly involved parents and alumni. While Clarenceville Middle School has many fine teachers, It is my opinion that there is still far too much nepotism existing within this school district that some just cannot seem to admit.

Posted August 24, 2008
I personally, do not think that this school is terrible . As with any other school in the States, you are going to find cliques, it s just normal. But I don t think that our school is overly cliquey at all. In fact, because of being in such a small school district, most all of the kids get along. I don t believe that there is any form of racism present in CMS. Granite, teachers do judge on personality [but can you blame them? They get along more with the more respectful students then the trouble makers, but they are most definitely not cruel to the trouble makers.] And the teachers don t grade you on whether or not you re a bad kid; they grade you on tests and truly give you what you deserve. I would recommend any student to attend this school; it is a truly great school. The staff really does care about its students.

Clarenceville Middle School 1

Posted August 22, 2008
This school is terrible. It's very difficult to even make friends...you have to the stereotypical type. There are so many cliques it's like being in the film mean girls! The staff judges on colors and personality, so that screws up your education. I seriously recommend that no student attend this. It is a disasturous school with horrible staff and cooking.`

Posted August 09, 2008
Clarenceville is a great school. In all the grades every kid is friendly with eachother. Yes their is darma sometimes,but thats part of life. we all treat eachother well. I love all the teacher I had since I've been going to clarenceville. None of them labled us. Their are a few bad kids, but the teacher don't lable them a lot of the kids do so they don't get in with a bad crowd. Their are also no clicks like the popular or jock or nerds. I'm all those things and no one ever called me a bad name.

20210 Middlebelt Road, Livonia, MI  48152
Last modified Clarenceville Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clarenceville Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top