Bad
Good

My child was behind due to her mother putting her in a pre school that only tought them to play since I have had her and put her in school with me she has really started to excell thanks to the hard work of her teachers along with parent involvement

The staff is outstanding.

Overall Grandview is a good school. The principal is fair and does an excellent job. Most of the teachers are great. The problem I see as a current parent is the way some of the staff speak to the children. We have to remember that these kids spend more time with the staff on a daily basis then they do at home. Some kids need to be put in their place on occasion, but the old saying goes, "treat others as you would like to be treated", especially our children. Yelling is not the answer. I am a very involved parent so when I see these things, it really makes me sad. Our kids need love and understanding. I think some of the staff need to remember that. Nobody's perfect, but we want to build our kids self esteem, not tear it down.

I like the fact that the principal runs a tight ship at the school. Last year, my son was in first grade and was sent home with a lot of home work (daily) throughout the year but, we got use to it (it will only help them in the long run). His teacher had sent all the students home with a huge folder of home work for the summer to be completed/returned in the fall and this was great!...... it shows that they care about the kids and their education. No parent should complain about the excessive home work or the participation in your child's education that the school would like to see from the parents.

Very good school. My daughter needs extra help in all subjects so Mrs Frost and Mrs Dean are heaven sent. Homework loads are to heavy for each grade, they do expect alot at times. MLA format papers for music class? Just a tad to much in my opinion. Some teachers seem to show favortism. My child is African American and never experienced any racial issues. Teachers and principle love her and treat her fairly.

There are at least 1 teacher in 1st, 2nd, & 3rd grade to be outstanding. My child is a quiet A and 1 B student thru 5th grade, but never part of the 'Advanced Chips Group'. The library & librarian are top notch. She has an accelerated reader program that gives out ice cream, necklaces, shirts, hats, & vests to kids that read. The health teach has a fruit cart that sells fruit everyday for 25 cents. The gym teacher is very committed to eerie. The art and music department are poor.

Principal leadership is what drives this school. Many exceptional, caring and involved teachers who willingly participate fully; average teachers participate fully because of principal expectations. There are no below average teachers. Teachers have it harder at Clarenceville due to lack of parental involvement, and must not only teach, but sometimes parent the children who don't get it at home. Grandview leads the entire district, and sets the standard that other schools in the district and surrounding areas should follow. The superintendent of the Clarenceville lacks in resources/accountability. This hurts the overall district.

Last modified Grandview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.