Posted September 09, 2013
L'anse Creuse High School North, is absolutely the best school, I have 1 grad 2013, and a sophmore going here currently, I am so pleased how this school will not tolerate saggy pants, skipping school, grades are actually watched by the school and by parent portal (which I love) and drugs and bullying will NOT be tolerated. My sons graduation was 4 hrs long and that was due to recognition of 3/4 of the graduates were graduating with honors and national honors. I am looking forward to having 2 more children graduate from this school, oh and btw I almost forgot this school broke so many eduacational records in 2013 too :) This school is 5 stars not given lightly either

L'anse Creuse High School - North 4

Posted August 24, 2012
out of 5 i would give a 3 1/2 Last year i was a freshman there and it was THE BEST school year ever!!!! And the school is so nice looking and it only gets better each year. SAdly my home was wrecked by a tornado and my mother couldn't afford it so we had to move to Detriot. I was still kinda happy though because i thought i would still be able to go to North WRONG they said I couldn't stay!!! just because i lived in Detriot doesn't mean I dont deserve a good education they should have let me finish my last 3 years i've been in the district for 5 yrs for goodness sake... the Teachers are great!! But the administration is cruel and mean!!! L'anse cruese north used to be an open district WHAT happend!!! Well now I'm going to Warren Mott this year which is a better school anyway as far as sports, looks, and learning I just hope the people are as nice as they are at North. (Few racist kids but other than that everyones cool people also are kinda devided by Preps, Band geeks, Pot heads but for the most part everyone talks to everyone)

L'anse Creuse High School - North 2

Posted August 20, 2012
The administration is absolutely ridiculous. If you want them to get something done, you have to march down and actually demand it, otherwise you are out of luck. Many of them are also very rude, not only to students but parents alike. My mother was treated very rudely by someone in the main office when I first transferred into the district and came in for paperwork. In addition to that, many of the teachers there simply show up for just a paycheck. I will admit there are some wonderful teachers in the building, but so many teach straight out of the textbook and don't contribute anything interesting or unique in their lessons. The school has a strict tardy policy, but does absolutely nothing for unexcused absences. They put on a strict facade, but are lax on so many rules and definitely need to straighten out their priorities. I'd suggest looking at a different school in a different district.

Posted September 09, 2009

Posted March 07, 2009

L'anse Creuse High School - North 4

Posted October 23, 2008

Posted October 17, 2008

L'anse Creuse High School - North 1

Posted January 14, 2008

Posted January 15, 2006
I graduated from LCN in 1990. I now have 3 children in the district. The teachers and staff work with me as the parent and they are absolutely wonderful and supportive of my children and their success. The sport programs, are well managed and the coaches are very dedicated along with the parents. I highly recommend L'Anse Creuse Schools. They rock!

Posted January 11, 2006
My 3 girls have had an excellent eduction in the LC District. My concerns are some of the disciplinary policies -- hall sweeps, tardy, and zero tolerance policies. These policies are highly antagonistic approaches. My girls had perfect attendance until high school and were marked absent for excused, school-related activities. Despite several attempts, the problems were never corrected and we all gave up. The approaches of Camp Cavell, peer counselors, student leaders, student courts, small schools, Pankow and its expansion, are much more effective, most of which LC is employing. My girls are accepted to top universities in this country and I credit LC and Butcher with giving them the education, study skills & opportunities. I truly believe that LC does an excellent job of teaching critical thinking skills and those could be deployed in designing resolutions to student disciplinary policies. Keep up the good work!

L'anse Creuse High School - North
23700 21 Mile Road, Macomb, MI  48042
Last modified L'anse Creuse High School - North is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
L'anse Creuse High School - North Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top