Macomb, MI

Posted August 20, 2011
The kindergarten teachers are excellent and there were only 15 kids in my sons class. My son is an advanced reader and the teacher took a lot of one on one time with him to challenge him further so he was not bored in the classroom. The only negative I have found has been the office staff. They are not very friendly and I have noticed that anybody can walk into the school without checking into the office.

Posted March 17, 2009
Our oldest went to Beck. All I can say is that it was a wonderful experience! The principal the the definition of leadership. We were not all all surprised when the Asst. Principal was named principal when Duncan opened. (She learned from a great one.) What our child most LOVED was how each teacher was a unique experience... and the teachers all seemed to feel appreciated by leadership for their great unique gifts. The kids see this... and I'd like to think this REAL respect for diversity helps them to also 'walk the talk'. This school is a Beacon for the entire district!!

Posted January 13, 2008
Excellent. My kid loves this school

Posted May 23, 2006
I have 5 children...three of them have attended BECK. Previously they attended schools in San Francisco Bay area of California...both public and parochial...with two of the children going from K to college graduates. Beck easily beats the Calif. K-12 schools. Has excellent teachers, parent involvement and great resources (art, music, computers). In particular my children enjoy the strings orchestra (two play cello). They have great field trips and when I taught a class on astronomy, the classes were given extra credit if they attended an open house at my club's observatory. Two of the teachers attended several hours and were very enthusiastic...the children had so much fun that several attended more than one observing session. Currently I have a Kindergardener, a 5th and 6th grader at Beck. Robert Berta

Beck Centennial Elementary School 4

Posted January 30, 2006
My children especially enjoyed 6th grade at Beck. It was really a special year with some great teachers. We do wish there was a Student Council. Also, an Honor Roll would be great for the kids who work hard to get those good grades.

Posted October 10, 2005
Beck has a 'great' website http://www.macomb.k12.mi.us/utica/beck/home.htm it offers a lot of information to parents and students such as newletters, homework helpers and information all at your finger tips. It gets updated weekly and is kid friendly.

Posted January 30, 2005
Great academics. It's a newer school and has state of the aart equipment. Parents are very involved. The school does a good job of having kids in different grades mingle, so everyone knows eachother. My son loves going to school.

Posted May 20, 2004
The educational environment is diverse. Teachers provide a full range of teaching skills so that each child has the opportunity to learn in an environment best suited to him. The kids are graced with many special assemblies thanks to the PTO budget. Being there are so many children, discipline seems always to be an issue, however the staff is aware and always working to the betterment of the school body. Parent participation is very high & encouraged by principal Don Santilli, however, sometimes the tail wags the dog. The parking lot is a real headache. There are parking lot rules in place that would work well, but parents ignore those rules. The cut thru to the neighborhood (for walkers) is overcongested with kids on bikes & strollers. However, a new bike path will be put in place summer 2004 so that should relieve many issues. Bottom line: my kid loves Beck.

Posted May 15, 2004
The school understands the parking lot situation and is in process of builing a new parking lot that will space all of the staff personell on the north side of the building. This will open up the front lot for parents. This is scheduled to be done by next year.

Posted May 03, 2004
If the parking lot is the biggest concern at this school, then big kudos to the staff. We have three kids, two of whom currently attend Beck and it's been a wonderful experience. My wife volunteers as much as her schedule allows and the teacher's have always encouraged here to bring our 'little one' along for the day. She's already chomping at the bit to get there. The environment is safe, fun, and clean. The kids look forward to each day and are getting a high level of education. My parents are retired teachers and they get jealous of the state-of-the-art facility that my kids are able to enjoy. Go Beck!

Beck Centennial Elementary School
54600 Hayes Road, Macomb, MI  48042
Last modified Beck Centennial Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Beck Centennial Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top