Bad
Good

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

I couldn't agree more -- Mrs. Wilson is simply amazing!

This school has thrived ever since Mrs. Wilson has joined as its Principal. I could definitely tell the difference. The previous Principal had no clue how to effectively solve a parent's concern. Not only she would not solve it, but she would make you feel awkward for even approaching her with an issue / concern. Mrs. Wilson, on the other hand, would really listen carefully, would be empathetic, would make real efforts to help you maybe even more than you expected to be helped. She and Mrs. Badalamente have made a wonderful difference in my daughter's life and they will remain forever in my most positive thoughts.

My son has been in kindergarten here and now is in first grade. I would say the selection of teachers is average like any school. Some good, some very impatient with young children. I don't like the fact that the young kids are involved in no performance or play type thing throughout the year. Not for the holidays or anything. Most of my 13 nieces and nephew's have nice things going on in there school for families to come and watch, especially during the holidays, but not this school. I also notice a high population of women who clearly do not have the right patience and attitude to be working with young children.

The kindergarten teachers are excellent and there were only 15 kids in my sons class. My son is an advanced reader and the teacher took a lot of one on one time with him to challenge him further so he was not bored in the classroom. The only negative I have found has been the office staff. They are not very friendly and I have noticed that anybody can walk into the school without checking into the office.

Our oldest went to Beck. All I can say is that it was a wonderful experience! The principal the the definition of leadership. We were not all all surprised when the Asst. Principal was named principal when Duncan opened. (She learned from a great one.) What our child most LOVED was how each teacher was a unique experience... and the teachers all seemed to feel appreciated by leadership for their great unique gifts. The kids see this... and I'd like to think this REAL respect for diversity helps them to also 'walk the talk'. This school is a Beacon for the entire district!!

Excellent. My kid loves this school

Last modified Beck Centennial Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.