Macomb, MI

Posted October 17, 2013
Ebeling is a great school. The teaching staff is hands down one of, if not the best in Utica Community Schools and our new additions to the teaching staff have made the group even stronger. Our PTA is strong and has a good relationship with the Teaching staff both groups appreciate each other. That positive relationship is not the case in the majority of other schools. The parking lot is a challenge we all know that, but that is nothing the current staff is responsible for. Yes, the principal should be out there each morning greeting the students rather we have our teachers out each morning greeting our students which is very positive for the students. Ebeling is a great school because of the Teachers, Students and Families. The focus of the staff and parents is on the students and their development both academically and socially!!

Floyd Ebeling Elementary School 1

Posted September 02, 2013
Very disappointed with this school. Mrs Bailey is useless, never deals with any issues. Music, art and gym programs are terrible. Very very boring. Parking lot is a nightmare. Principal should be out each day directing traffic. Making sure parents are following rules of the parking lot, but she isn't. Intersection of touch and haverhill is an accident waiting to happen. What's a reason why a teacher can't work this crosswalk? PTA ideas are extremely old and boring. Need to take suggestions and change things. Get a new music and gym teacher. Bring fun activities to this school. Other utica comm schools do all kinds of fun and exciting things, get a hold of schools get ideas. School here is not fun. Incorporating fun into an elementary childs day is not too much to ask. Kids have to grow up way too fast, let them enjoy school. The time spent on MEAP testing is ridiculous. Can't wait to be out of this school.

Floyd Ebeling Elementary School 4

Posted August 22, 2013
I have been very pleased with Ebeling Elementary. A few years ago my husband wanted to move. I was against it because I didn't want to leave Ebeling. He was able to find me a house within the school boundries. I feel Ebeling pulls from a very good community that has parents & caregivers that care about the children & school. The teachers at the school are always available & helpful. No school is a perfect fit. It is a matter of finding a school that fits your & your child's needs. So far Ebeling has done this & more for our family. The best advice is to get involved at any school and it will make your children's educational years more enjoyable.

Posted August 14, 2013
The teachers at this school are nurturing, highly motivated, and fair minded. I have only positive things to say about the 4th grade team, in particular. They are dedicated, structured, and hold the kids to high standards, which promotes higher learning and student achievement. Way to go Ebeling!

Posted June 05, 2013
The teachers at this school are excellent. For the person who put that one should avoid Mrs. Robyn Pizzo, I disagree. Both of my children have had her for a total of three years. She has high expectations and teaches the children accordingly. She challenges the children with fun and educational projects. Yes, the parking lot is very small. It would not be so bad if drivers would respect others and remember that children are walking.

Floyd Ebeling Elementary School 2

Posted January 29, 2013
Avoid Mrs. Robyn Pizzo as best you can. She should be teaching high school with the hands-off approach she has. I might as well be home-schooling my child. Also does not bring any helpful ideas to the table - only tells you where your child is "bad". Mrs. Bailey, the new principal has brought the school down since taking over. A parent was told no matter what grades a child receives, they pass them anyway. How is this helping our children? The school focuses way too much on MEAP and the kids suffer for it.

Floyd Ebeling Elementary School 1

Posted January 05, 2012
Hands down terrible school. Parking lot is rediculous. Fire lanes blocked, cars parked everywhere. Heaven forbid there be an emergency. You can barely pull in with a compact size car, let alone a heavy duty fire truck. Childs classroom was a mess. Coats and backpacks in a pile on the floor, name tags ripped off mailboxes. The principal is beyond rude. She told us to come during lunch hour for a school tour (we were new). She rolled her eyes when we came in and said she was too busy, but would do it anyway. Barely said a word to us, just pointed. Faculty doesnt take time to know students by name. Theyre just another face, not seen as individuals. You can tell they dont care. My 8 year old was told he wasnt allowed to walk 200 yards to the corner because he was ''too young.'' Instead they tell me I either have to walk from 1/2 mile away, or some how manuever through the chaotic parking lot. Which, by the way, dont ever park in, unless you want to find yourself stuck inbetween cars who have parked behind and in front of you, perpendicularly, and are left empty. Switching schools next year, if i can even deal with it that much longer. Very disheartening.

Floyd Ebeling Elementary School 3

Posted October 21, 2011
The only reason I gave 3 stars instead of 2 is because there are teachers there that do make a huge positive impact on my children's lives. The office staff is very polite and courteous. However, there are many teachers that use screaming as a means to communicate with the children. The Principal change two years ago has negatively affected the quality of the school. She is rigid and cold. A far cry from the previous leadership and not a friendly face for the children. The parking and child drop off is abysmal to say the least. The inside of the school is set up silly. It is more like cubical classrooms instead of traditional classrooms. All the teachers can be heard at times by other classrooms and is distracting. The biggest complaint is that the school teaches to the MEAP, period.

Floyd Ebeling Elementary School 3

Posted September 06, 2011
The school is amazing. The staff is always helpful and nice. What the school lacks is a horrible and non-updated website. That is not my worry. The parking sysem in that school is a disaster waiting to happen. God forbid an emergency were to happen, but a fire truck would not be able to get within 300 feet of that school. This is mainly due to incompentant parents who think that they are more important that everyone else. Cars park in the bus lane and in the entrance way just to save a few steps walking to the school. I dread everyday that I have to take my son to school. The school knows of this problem but has made no effort to correct it.

Posted May 16, 2009
Congratulations to Ebeling Elementary's Staff, Teachers, Students & Familes on thier Exemplary Blue Ribbon Award!

Floyd Ebeling Elementary School
15970 Haverhill Drive, Macomb, MI  48044
Last modified Floyd Ebeling Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Floyd Ebeling Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top