Macomb, MI

Posted August 20, 2014
I am so glad I didn't read the reviews below before I entered my daughter into 1st grade at Immanuel Lutheran. We have spent the last year enjoying her education, the friends made, and watching her grow into a responsible, respectful young lady. She is extremely excited about entering 2nd grade and I couldn't be happier with our experience. My daughter attended a Montessori school and a public school prior to our landing at Immanuel. I can tell you that Immanuel not only opened their arms, they embraced us. My daughter is flourishing. As far as different types of parents and families being "accepted"...I'm a single mom of an adopted daughter. They couldn't be more open and "accepting". No cliques, no judgement. Just warm, welcoming family atmosphere with great academics and Christ at the center. I love that every teacher knows my daughter by name and they are truly interested in her well being. If I could give 6 stars I would.

Immanuel Lutheran School 2

Posted May 05, 2014
Small over crowded classrooms. Very clicky parents. Outdated. Poor air quality. No thank you! Money and tuition takes precedence. Two thumbs down

Immanuel Lutheran School 2

Posted February 23, 2014
No ax to grind here...we really wanted this school to be the one. A small school with a Christ centered education was exactly what we wanted, and in the younger grades, this school was amazing. Saying that "cliques" are a tired criticism of private schools is correct, but it's the unfortunate truth. If you, as a parent, are not a "very active and involved parent" because... I don't know...maybe you are working to pay tuition? Or, you don't feel it's healthy for your child for you to micromanage their social lives?....you, and your child will definitely not enjoy the same experience as children of "more involved" parents. Being around like minded families is great...unless you are getting together and judging others who aren't exactly like you. We have found less bullying, higher academic standards, and more accurate individual assessment of my kids in our public school (which surprised me, given the difference in class sizes). I wish this wasn't the case, because we definitely miss the religious education, but there is definitely a lack of consistency between the Christian priciples taught in class, and what is allowed to go on in the halls and playground.

Posted September 05, 2013
Everyone is entitled to their opinion but those who write disparaging remarks about this school obviously have an ax to grind. No school is perfect but if you want your child to be prepared for high school in a nuturing caring environment this is the place. I have three children in this school. One who has moved on to Lutheran High North, she was prepared academically, emotionally and socially for the change to high school. Every time I have had concerns the teachers, staff and Principal have been responsive, understanding and empathetic. You got out of the parent interation what you put into it. Comments about cliques are a tired stereotype of parochial/private schools. Do people have friendships? Absolutely, but I enjoy being around like-minded families. People have differences that's just human nature but on the whole this school is head and shoulders above most in the area. If you want to give you child the tools to excel in the next phase of their life this school is amazing. I am a very active involved parent. In you invest your time and talents in the school the rewards will be amazing. If you sit on the sidlelines and complain then your experience may note be as postive.

Immanuel Lutheran School 1

Posted August 20, 2013
If I could give Immanuel zero stars I would. They claim to have a zero tolerance policy on bullying, but that is false. They overlook bullying and safety issues. The principal's avoidance in dealing with issues is troublesome. There are a few teachers who are just plain awful. One teacher in particular in the lower grades is rude and sarcastic to the children. My child who is pretty resilient, often came home in tears and i was flabbergasted by what this teacher said and did. When you approach her about issues, she blows you off. Year after year parents complain and nothing is done. Many of the parents are cliquey and have the "my child wouldn't do that" attitude. Spending hard earned money on this school was such a waste. My child was not physically or emotionally safe at this school. If you are considering Immanuel, please do your child a favor and look elsewhere.

Immanuel Lutheran School 4

Posted March 15, 2013
The preschool program is excellent. They really incorporate math science reading readiness and religion which is what i wanted all in 2.5 hours. The only draw back was they have field trips where the parents take the kids and siblings are not allowed to come. If you did not take the kid on a field trip they would not have school. That was discerning for a parent with a baby at home. I also noticed the kids were taught at the same level. If you had a child who knew letters, sounds and numbers they would still have to start from the beginning. The academics were excellent.

Posted November 08, 2011
I am baffled by the people who say it's not a good value. When you consider that Immanuel is spending half as much per pupil as what the public schools spend, they are doing amazing things. I'm a graduate of this school who has also attended public schools. The teachers here are better care a lot more about us than the public school teachers did.

Posted October 01, 2011
Immanuel is an excellent school. My children started with the Praise and Play program in the Preschool and have been attending the day school for a few years. The teachers at Immanuel are just wonderful. Not only do they truly care about your child, but they go out of their way to make sure they have every opportunity to excel. My husband and I enjoy the smaller class sizes and family atmosphere that is promoted between the different grades. Personally I love the uniforms. Cost wise they are on par with other brands. Watching for sales, hitting the resale and making sure you hold on to your receipt from LE for an exchange on those slacks when the knees blow can really make your dollar stretch far. As far as price of the tuition, the tuition is more than fair for the education your child is receiving. Sending your child to Immanuel or any other private school is a commitment. Not only in money but in time. My only complaint has to do with some of the parents at the school. A child is going to excel the most when parents are involved in their education. Too many parents send their kids to Immanuel, but don't really get involved. Those are the children that seem to struggle the most.

Posted May 24, 2011
My daughter completed the 3 & 4 year old preschool program here and it was a wonderful, wonderful experience -- the teachers were caring and ranged from simply terrific (Kling) to inspired/amazing (Clor). The new PS director also seems to be strengthening what is already a strong program. Caring of the teachers and staff is tremendous. Integrating the Christian education into the basic preschool program just flows naturally together. I'm excited my son will be starting PS there this year -- and so sad we can't/won't afford to send my daughter there for K and beyond.

Posted January 11, 2011
I love working here. It is a joy to come to school every day with such wonderful students. The staff is dedicated, and here because we want to be. There are many opportunities and it has a small town feel. We are constantly working on improving ourselves and helping the students. This is a wonderful school and growing better all the time.

Immanuel Lutheran School
47120 Romeo Plank Road, Macomb, MI  48044
Last modified Immanuel Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Immanuel Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top