Macomb, MI

Posted September 14, 2015
My family recently moved to Macomb from Texas and I was somewhat concerned about how well our 5 yr. old son would 'adapt' with all of the changes. Our neighbor told me about this 'great school' that her daughter goes to and how much her daughter loves it. She then offered to take me on a tour of the school. I must say I was very impressed. The principle literally stopped everything he was doing to personally walk me through the school - who does that anymore? His demeanor was humble and very welcoming. Upon leaving the school that day - my neighbor took me to the public elementary school because I wanted to compare the two schools. Let me be clear here, there was absolutely no comparison. Immanuel Lutheran School excelled in every way. Today, my little guy is attending Kindergarten at Immanuel and believe it or not, he can't wait for Monday mornings' to arrive lol. He LOVES it! And this is peace of mind for my husband and I. First and foremost - it's God centered and second, our little fellow was/is made to feel 'important' to everyone there. Thank you Immanuel Lutheran!

Immanuel Lutheran School 3

Posted August 26, 2015
If your child is entering the fourth grade, you might want to look somewhere else. There have been numerous issues with one of the teachers that have yet to be addressed. Most parents always request the other teacher, but obviously not everyone can have their first choice. Interestingly enough the principal did not even place his own child in this classroom. So the situation was not good for your child, but it was ok for other families to deal with? Hmmmm.

Posted May 06, 2015
All 3 of my children attend Immanuel Lutheran School and they love it. I honestly hadn't intended on sending them there for K-8, but once my oldest daughter finished preschool there, I had fallen in love with the school and the staff! Several years later, we're confident we made the right choice in keeping them at Immanuel.

Posted May 05, 2015
Awesome school! Very Blessed to have had all 4 of our children graduate from Immanuel. Staff is very dedicated and caring. Our children had an amazing academic experience and have learned lasting values, and most importantly, about their faith that will help guide them through the many years ahead. They are all very successful now and great kids! I know Immanuel had a very positive impact on their lives. :)

Posted April 16, 2015
We are blessed beyond words to have our three children in this amazing school. Immanuel has superseded my extremely high expectations year after year. Students are focused, on task, and self directed. The teachers teach with warmth, compassion, firmness, and high expectations. Each child is accepted for who they are, the place they are in, and cultivated to reach their full potential. The wealth of experience and dedication of the staff is exceptional. The leadership is strong, communication is incredible, and the love that this school has for its students and their families is amazing. To be surrounded by like minded, hard working, students and parents is to give your child a huge advantage both academically and socially. The test scores speak for themselves. The strong foundation provided here sets the stage for future success. It is a place with enriching personal relationships between students and teachers, a school that gets each child to work to their potential - without being judgmental, that allows for individual differences and that centers on faith and Christian love.

Posted August 20, 2014
I am so glad I didn't read the reviews below before I entered my daughter into 1st grade at Immanuel Lutheran. We have spent the last year enjoying her education, the friends made, and watching her grow into a responsible, respectful young lady. She is extremely excited about entering 2nd grade and I couldn't be happier with our experience. My daughter attended a Montessori school and a public school prior to our landing at Immanuel. I can tell you that Immanuel not only opened their arms, they embraced us. My daughter is flourishing. As far as different types of parents and families being "accepted"...I'm a single mom of an adopted daughter. They couldn't be more open and "accepting". No cliques, no judgement. Just warm, welcoming family atmosphere with great academics and Christ at the center. I love that every teacher knows my daughter by name and they are truly interested in her well being. If I could give 6 stars I would.

Immanuel Lutheran School 2

Posted May 05, 2014
Small over crowded classrooms. Very clicky parents. Outdated. Poor air quality. No thank you! Money and tuition takes precedence. Two thumbs down

Immanuel Lutheran School 2

Posted February 23, 2014
No ax to grind here...we really wanted this school to be the one. A small school with a Christ centered education was exactly what we wanted, and in the younger grades, this school was amazing. Saying that "cliques" are a tired criticism of private schools is correct, but it's the unfortunate truth. If you, as a parent, are not a "very active and involved parent" because... I don't know...maybe you are working to pay tuition? Or, you don't feel it's healthy for your child for you to micromanage their social lives?, and your child will definitely not enjoy the same experience as children of "more involved" parents. Being around like minded families is great...unless you are getting together and judging others who aren't exactly like you. We have found less bullying, higher academic standards, and more accurate individual assessment of my kids in our public school (which surprised me, given the difference in class sizes). I wish this wasn't the case, because we definitely miss the religious education, but there is definitely a lack of consistency between the Christian priciples taught in class, and what is allowed to go on in the halls and playground.

Posted September 05, 2013
Everyone is entitled to their opinion but those who write disparaging remarks about this school obviously have an ax to grind. No school is perfect but if you want your child to be prepared for high school in a nuturing caring environment this is the place. I have three children in this school. One who has moved on to Lutheran High North, she was prepared academically, emotionally and socially for the change to high school. Every time I have had concerns the teachers, staff and Principal have been responsive, understanding and empathetic. You got out of the parent interation what you put into it. Comments about cliques are a tired stereotype of parochial/private schools. Do people have friendships? Absolutely, but I enjoy being around like-minded families. People have differences that's just human nature but on the whole this school is head and shoulders above most in the area. If you want to give you child the tools to excel in the next phase of their life this school is amazing. I am a very active involved parent. In you invest your time and talents in the school the rewards will be amazing. If you sit on the sidlelines and complain then your experience may note be as postive.

Immanuel Lutheran School 1

Posted August 20, 2013
If I could give Immanuel zero stars I would. They claim to have a zero tolerance policy on bullying, but that is false. They overlook bullying and safety issues. The principal's avoidance in dealing with issues is troublesome. There are a few teachers who are just plain awful. One teacher in particular in the lower grades is rude and sarcastic to the children. My child who is pretty resilient, often came home in tears and i was flabbergasted by what this teacher said and did. When you approach her about issues, she blows you off. Year after year parents complain and nothing is done. Many of the parents are cliquey and have the "my child wouldn't do that" attitude. Spending hard earned money on this school was such a waste. My child was not physically or emotionally safe at this school. If you are considering Immanuel, please do your child a favor and look elsewhere.

Immanuel Lutheran School
47120 Romeo Plank Road, Macomb, MI  48044
Last modified Immanuel Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Immanuel Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top