Shawnee Elementary School 4

Posted April 29, 2014
The school is very good from an academic standpoint, but I wish they will have more activities. There's no sense of community because we don't get to meet with other parents.

Shawnee Elementary School 5

Posted January 09, 2014
Great School, Great Teachers yes the parking lot is congested but have yet to go to a school where it isn't! If the teachers are good it's a great school in my book!

Shawnee Elementary School 2

Posted August 29, 2013
Teachers are great, besides that everything is bad, parking lot is terrible but even worse, people working in the office.

Shawnee Elementary School 5

Posted May 26, 2011
This is a great school and I'm surprised by the poor ratings here. A lot of them seem to deal with the principal and special needs department. Well, I guess I would say that on the other side of the coin if you don't have a special needs child or don't need to deal with the principal (I'll leave that alone as to why you might be dealing with them so much??!!?) then this school is great. Teachers are awesome we have had so far and the different special events they do at the school (Art event, Fun Run, etc.) are really good. Oh and I was at the Fun Run 2 weeks ago and the principal was there so I can confirm she does show up to some things, heh-he. I also know they have addressed a lot of the safety concerns in some of the old reviews here. It's not Fort Knox by any stretch but it's getting better. And my child is really learning a lot which is the most important thing! Look at the test scores and stats.

Shawnee Elementary School 1

Posted April 20, 2011
I would say there's alot of people who work there that seems like they don't like kids!!!

Shawnee Elementary School 1

Posted May 13, 2010
Some excellent teachers work at this school but the weak leadership from the principal undermines their efforts. Securityis lacking, parents are allowed to walk in at anytime. The kindergarten pod should be lockedand only accessible with a passkey. Rude, unhelpfull Office staff create a cold environment. Principal rarely ventures out of her office.

Posted July 10, 2009

Shawnee Elementary School 0

Posted February 04, 2009
School safety is a main concern at this point. I have been witness to the madness of dismissal and it is a wonder a child hasn't been kidnapped or seriously injured. I would think the principal would be more open to ideas on fixing the problems instead of her 'moving along' attitude and her 'hands are tied' approach. Very sad that the safety of of children ties her hands.

Posted November 06, 2008
I have been in this school since it's inception. The teachers are great but the Principal is so impersonal and unapproachable that it puts a cloud over our school and gives it a bad reputation. She, along with other staff, shows no love for these kids. They are too busy 'running a business' instead of getting involved with the kids and parents. Sad, sad, sad. She should not be at the elementary level. We need a fun-loving, outgoing Principal. I am positive we would get more volunteers if it were not for the Principal.

Posted October 27, 2008
I completely agree with the October 24th post. Another school function and the principal is no where to be found!! I volunteer at the school and can honestly say that I can count on one hand how many times I have seen the Principal at all--and my child has been attending Shawnee since it opened. The complaints about the yelling and disrespect toward the students from the Lunch Ladies is unbelievable!! I know parents that have complained and nothing was done so they have personally gone up to talk to them and still there have been no changes!!This is sad--but I guess I should be thankful that the teachers are awesome!!

Shawnee Elementary School
21555 Vesper Drive, Macomb, MI  48044
Last modified Shawnee Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shawnee Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top