Bad
Good

Sequoyah Elementary School 3

Posted April 09, 2015
While Sequoyah is a good/okay school...it is way too big for the under 7 years old. The little ones need to move around not practice for school district tests. Like all schools...there are a great deal of free days where I wonder why my kids are going to school around the holidays and the conference pre/post days. There is no reason to have kids struggling when you can use these days to help the kids who are behind. Don't get me wrong there are a great deal of good things going on at Sequoyah...it's just too big. Why do the 1st graders have specials at the end of the day? They have science at the end of the day when the hour is cut short since the science teacher had to help the kids get dressed to leave. Poor planning. I also feel like the kids have to "conform" to the overall class. If they don't fit the mold then the kids are considered the one that should get extra help outside the school.

Posted January 29, 2015
I absolutely love this school. We've been so fortunate to have such fabulous teachers. My kids love school and I am looking forward to sending my 3rd daughter to Sequoyah this Fall! The parents are very involved in the classroom and the principle is active in the classroom and receptive to the parents always.

Posted August 08, 2011
We are just starting there in the fall, and have been very impressed with the Principal and his responsiveness to a few requests we have made. We also attended a kindergarten open house in the spring and the staff was very prepared to address any and all questions. If the school year is anything like our first impressions, it will be a great school

Posted April 07, 2011
This year was my first experience with Sequoyah and I couldn't be happier. I had high expectations and the school has surpassed them:) My son's first grade teacher (Mrs. Collar) is amazing. We have one starting K in the fall and are very excited to have 2 at Sequoyah.

Sequoyah Elementary School 4

Posted March 17, 2010
Our son went to 2 seperate private Montessori schools for 1st and 2nd yr. preschool which was extraordinary! So my expectations were set very high. I was extremely nervous about the public schools but had heard mostly positive things about Seqouyah. He started K-garden and he is completely obsessed with school. He gets ready 1st thing in the morning and he doesn't start until 12:40. He was a strong reader prior to Seqouyah but now he is at 3rd grade level per his teacher at this weeks conference. We are very happy. It's always important to work a lot with your child at home, which we do so much but it is just an added bonus when our children have a great experience at school, both socially and academically. I'd like to see more disinfecting and washing of hands but our son has never had more than a cold!

Posted March 14, 2010
The principal is a very professional and dedicated person. I definitely recommend this school.

Posted September 22, 2009
We have at Sequoyah since it opened and have never had any problems. I think that the illness notices are overkill. With that many people in one place there are bound to be germs. Saturating the place in disinfectant is only going to cause more sickness from the excess toxins in the air. In the time that we've been there my children have never been sick. That said, the staff and teachers are great. Problems are quickly resolved and parent involvement is welcomed.

Sequoyah Elementary School 3

Posted April 29, 2009
The only thing that I really do not like is that they are not really parent friendly. We go in the school and wait for our children and we have absolutly no where to sit and wait. They should have benchs at least. Because all the kids come out at different times and sometimes we stand there for a half hour and some people who have problems with hips or legs and so on have a difficult time standing there. The other problem with the school is I rarely see a Janator cleaning and this has been the first school that I get notices from telling us about so many illnesses. Flus, and diseases and lice and so on. I think they need to disinfect more. A lot more. My kids never got this sick as they have at this school. I really wish I would see more cleaning going on.

Sequoyah Elementary School
18500 24 Mile Road, Macomb, MI  48042
Last modified Sequoyah Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.