Macomb, MI
Students enrolled: 1,376

Posted August 28, 2014
Great school! My child came from Pickens County school district and I am very impressed with the teachers - communication is top-notch. I always know what is going on and my child is getting a wonderful education. The building is old and it took a while to get used to the layout, but other than that, very happy with this school and leadership.

Posted June 04, 2013
I moved into this school in the 8th grade this year and i was pretty worried at first. Although the support the teachers gave me and some students (now my friends) gave me helped me out and i don't think anyone will regret going to this school

Posted August 01, 2012
This past while I was attending Seneca really took my knowledge and understanding to a whole new level. I accelerated past my expectations even though I was on only in the sixth grade. The Principal has exceptional leadership qualities and the teachers and staff make it a fun and safe place to learn and grow. I would recommend Seneca middle school over any other middle or Jr. high school any day of the week. Sadly I am moving to a new school for 7th grade and hopefully I learn and grow as much as I did while attending Seneca Middle School.

Posted July 18, 2012
Horrible lunch foods! the hot dogs are cold an pink inside, the mac and cheese is not cook hard grey shells with cheese that has never ending clumps of hair, and i got food poisoning from chicken i ate there

Seneca Middle School 3

Posted July 05, 2011
A teacher can really hold a lot of infuence on a student and unfortunately for my daughter Ms. Dreyer made 8th grade miserable for her! In the summer, when we received notice of this teacher, the neighbor kids had negative things to say about her, "everyone that has her, ends up with a C in her class". She makes the tests worth 85% of the grade and all the math homework they do, only counts for 15%! That tells me she doesn't like to grade homework. None of the kids like her teaching style and if they voice their complaints, she sends them to the principals office. I know many, many, many parents complained about her and there's nothing that can be done. Switch out of her class if you're unlucky in the draw...
2 people found this helpful

Posted May 18, 2011
This is a horrible school and teachers incite students by teaching them politics. My 6th grade son comes home regularly complaining about governor Rick Snyder and how he is doing bad things to education in Michigan etc. When I ask him how he knows all this, he says that that's what the teachers are saying. What? Why? Why are the teachers talking this stuff with the kids? They should focus on teaching because my experience so far is that teachers lack passion and are not doing their job properly such as: - hardly provide any extra help if needed - unnecessary discipline and complain about the students for very minor stuff that should be ignored completely - don't update the "power school" portal for weeks in a row and then update with all kinds of complaints about the child. Teachers should update the grades portal regularly so parents can take timely action to correct any issues and help their children quickly. Updating the portal after every few weeks is of no use. - teachers think that if they make an adverse comment against the child then their job is done and they don't really need to pay attention to that kid if kid's performance lacks. - stress the child unnecessarily.

Posted April 17, 2011
This is my child's first year at Seneca. I was quite nervous about her coming from a fabulous elementary school (Shawnee Elem) and starting a school that I knew nothing about. I'll tell you, Seneca is top notch! The students are fabulous, the teachers are the best and the principals are quite impressive as well! The teaching staff goes above and beyond for the students! My daughter loves going to school and learning! I know that she is in good hands everyday and getting a fabulous education. What more could a parent ask for? The school challenges it's students, gives the right amount of homework and is definitely preparing the children for the future. I would highly recommend this student to anyone!

Posted March 22, 2011
I think Seneca is a fabulous school! The teachers are dedicated and helpful, they help children above and beyond what is traditionally expected. There are many extra curricular activities for grades 6-8. The new building is beautiful!

Posted December 07, 2010
I HATE this school. The students are horrible and are always making fun of you. The classes are ok but most of the teachers will let bullying slip right under their nose even though they say bullying is not toleralted. The counslers are OK although its hard to talk to them when people easily find out about you snitching. I hope to never go back to this school and I'm glad I switched from Seneca to Iroquois.

Seneca Middle School 4

Posted September 28, 2010
Just a note, We have a new Seneca building and it is no longer located in Clinton Township. It is now located in Macomb Township and it is a beautiful building w/ an awesome pricipal and assistant. Most of the teachers are very good at what they do, w/a couple that need to be watched for their teaching abilities. There are plenty of ways the parent can help out, only if they choose to inquire. Same goes with our high schools. I here lots of parents complaining about things but they are the ones who never show up to make a differance. Nothing will change in schools if parents don't get involved and do it in a more positive way. There is nothing more important in this world than your kids. If you choose to have them, take resposibilty for them. Give the teachers and parents who do care, a break.

Seneca Middle School
47200 Heydenreich Road, Macomb, MI  48044
Last modified Seneca Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Seneca Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top