Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

The school overall is ok in how clean it is but the amount of homework is outrageous

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

They are nice but just regurgitate stuff i have already learned

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

TOOOOOOO MUCH LOL Some doesn't have anything to do with the stuff we did.

Honestly, I want to bring down the reviews

Great school! My child came from Pickens County school district and I am very impressed with the teachers - communication is top-notch. I always know what is going on and my child is getting a wonderful education. The building is old and it took a while to get used to the layout, but other than that, very happy with this school and leadership.

I moved into this school in the 8th grade this year and i was pretty worried at first. Although the support the teachers gave me and some students (now my friends) gave me helped me out and i don't think anyone will regret going to this school

This past while I was attending Seneca really took my knowledge and understanding to a whole new level. I accelerated past my expectations even though I was on only in the sixth grade. The Principal has exceptional leadership qualities and the teachers and staff make it a fun and safe place to learn and grow. I would recommend Seneca middle school over any other middle or Jr. high school any day of the week. Sadly I am moving to a new school for 7th grade and hopefully I learn and grow as much as I did while attending Seneca Middle School.

Horrible lunch foods! the hot dogs are cold an pink inside, the mac and cheese is not cook hard grey shells with cheese that has never ending clumps of hair, and i got food poisoning from chicken i ate there

A teacher can really hold a lot of infuence on a student and unfortunately for my daughter Ms. Dreyer made 8th grade miserable for her! In the summer, when we received notice of this teacher, the neighbor kids had negative things to say about her, "everyone that has her, ends up with a C in her class". She makes the tests worth 85% of the grade and all the math homework they do, only counts for 15%! That tells me she doesn't like to grade homework. None of the kids like her teaching style and if they voice their complaints, she sends them to the principals office. I know many, many, many parents complained about her and there's nothing that can be done. Switch out of her class if you're unlucky in the draw...

This is a horrible school and teachers incite students by teaching them politics. My 6th grade son comes home regularly complaining about governor Rick Snyder and how he is doing bad things to education in Michigan etc. When I ask him how he knows all this, he says that that's what the teachers are saying. What? Why? Why are the teachers talking this stuff with the kids? They should focus on teaching because my experience so far is that teachers lack passion and are not doing their job properly such as: - hardly provide any extra help if needed - unnecessary discipline and complain about the students for very minor stuff that should be ignored completely - don't update the "power school" portal for weeks in a row and then update with all kinds of complaints about the child. Teachers should update the grades portal regularly so parents can take timely action to correct any issues and help their children quickly. Updating the portal after every few weeks is of no use. - teachers think that if they make an adverse comment against the child then their job is done and they don't really need to pay attention to that kid if kid's performance lacks. - stress the child unnecessarily.

Last modified Seneca Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.