Dakota High School 5

Posted February 08, 2013
I am a parent of a daughter that recently graduated from Dakota and another one that will be graduating soon. I have nothing but great things to say about this community of administrators, teachers, security, etc. As a parent, I have had the opportunity to be very involved from elementary school all the way through high school giving me first hand experience at what goes on. Resources are available to all....just ask! There is an excellent Fine Arts program graduating some of the top students at DHS. The athletic department offers a variety of sports, many going on to win championships! Encouraging your child to become involved in something is my best advice. There are so many after school clubs available to meet people and to be able to be a part of something. My college student recently told me that she loved everything about Dakota. She felt it totally prepared her for college.

Dakota High School 1

Posted August 31, 2011
These comments speak for themselves - all of the positive comments come from the kids/parents who are, or have athletes in this school. I attended every Parent Teacher conference for four years. I had a kid who was honor roll when she started there. She had some issues socially at this school with harassement and she withdrew and declined academically. I met with the staff and the situation just got worse. These ignorant comments about Parents not getting involved simply do not apply to everyone universally. I also get a kick out of a tenth grader telling parents how to be behave. Imagine that, an athlete at the school thinking that athletes don't get special treatment. Anyway, for those of you have kids that are self motivated and do not require extra attention at times, I am happy for you. You should consider yourselves fortunate. However, not every teenager falls in to that category, and to say that others are un motivated slackers is over simplifying an incredibly complex equation. Long story short, school should meet the needs of the entire student body, this school is great for the low maintenance students and athletes.

Posted August 29, 2011
i don't understand all these negative comments, especially from parents! they didnt even go here!! i'm currently going into the 10th grade, and Dakota High School is a great school, if i do say so myself. Just like any other school, it has their druggies, nerds, bullies, populars. The ones who fail chose to, and the ones who succeed actually put effort. I honestly do not think athletes get better treatment, considering i am one of the very few good, girl tennis players there. They're fine arts program is phenomenal, as i am in the band. They have tons of AP classes, and the teachers do care if you ask for help. They are not going to spoon feed your children, learn to grow up. My mother went to Chippewa High School, so it has been here a while and she excelled even though she was bullied. Overall, i would go here if i had a choice. But if you have negative things about this school, then don't go here and waste our time listening to you complain.

Dakota High School 2

Posted February 10, 2011
I was a student at this high school, 2010 graduate. I was cyber bullied my whole senior year by another student and even though the school pretends to care about how their students are being treated- I was told to deal with it and the most they could do was watch my car during school hours. Besides for the few amazing teachers I encountered, your child may not have a good experience if they are not an athlete. Drugs? There were a few major drug busts in my year and about 6 major fights. All in all, the teachers care - management does not.

Dakota High School 0

Posted March 17, 2010
This school is so great! It helps student learn to become smart and responsible adults!

Dakota High School 5

Posted October 11, 2009
They do not have police officers patrolling all around the school. They have one liaison officer who is a police officer but he works full time in the school. The school as far as I can tell has hardly a drug problem, you have a certain set of kids you'll find at every school that does drugs, it doesn't mean its a huge problem. Anyone who says the school has a drug problem just has a kid who either does drugs or hangs out with kids that do drugs. DHS is an overall positive environment, with a lot of activities for students, a great sports program, and really good class offerings (Chippewa Valley Schools offers more classes than many surrounding school districts.) You should be proud if your kid goes here.

Dakota High School 1

Posted September 07, 2009

Posted August 22, 2009
I thought anyone actually interested in these reviews would like to know that the student accusing teachers of being 'friends' rather than teachers and role models is not being completely honest and mistaking their friendliness for a lack of professionalism. The school also has a large amount of police officers that patrol the campus and it has no more of a ' drug problem' than any other high school, if any at all. Of the 28 school districts in Macomb County Michigan, chippewa Valley (Including Dakota) is only out ranked in any catagories by 2 districts, Utica and Romeo, as determined by Michigan merit testing. As it is a very wealthy district, they are also able to afford the best of facilities and supplies.

Posted August 17, 2009
I'm a senior at Dakota this year, and I've had a great experience at Dakota so far. If you're looking for a bigger school, with a nice building, and good balance, Dakota's a great pick. Chippewa Valley School only have two high schools: Dakota and Chippewa Valley. Dakota is known greatly for their athletics. I'd have to agree that if your child has great athletic talents that Dakota can get them where they need to be, as far as a profession goes. Football games and Homecoming are so fun at Dakota! Since we have a larger school, it makes our games much more fun and energetic. The kids honestly enjoy being in high school. It's a great all around experience. We have a 2-time defending D1 state champion football team, award winning Drama club, an amazing fine arts program, great teachers, everything you would want your child to experience.

Posted December 14, 2008

Dakota High School
21051 21 Mile Road, Macomb, MI  48044
Last modified Dakota High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dakota High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top