Macomb, MI

Posted July 26, 2013
I went to fox for all of elm. school, I am now going into ninth grade. My time there was great, I had wonderful teachers who clearly cared for their students as well as made learning fun. However, most of them are retired now and I am afraid that that means Fox looses much of what makes it special.The principle is horrible, HORRIBLE. Also, as i got older I found that so many activities were aimed at the younger kids instead of all. What I am trying to say is, when I was there Fox was great! But now... from what I hear through friends with siblings and what now this is not the case. I feel like the school seems slightly poor, however all schools are experiencing this to a certain degree. My friends I often joke about how "ghetto" it is, although it isn't, not really. Many of the students are, but the school isn't. Oh, and Fox has a lot of playgrounds which is really cool. The music teacher was ammmaazzziinnnggg but unfortunately, she passed away this year. The other special teachers are wonderful as well. Honestly, Fox was great for me and it certainly has the potential to be great, it just needs to fix a few things:)

Fox Elementary School 3

Posted July 01, 2013
My children attended Fox Elementary and the curriculum is outstanding. But the principal needs to retire, due to her lack of professionalism and when you fabricate to keep your parents/community involved it's time to GO!!!!!!. (Parents do talk among each other) They need to be more diverse with all their students. All children can learn but we learn in different ways...

Posted December 20, 2012
My children have been attending Fox Elementary School since Kindergarten. They have consistently had caring, enthusiastic teachers that really act like they are invested in the education of my daughters. Their Specials teachers (art, science, music, gym) have earned a special place in their hearts, as these teachers are the same ones every year, while their grade teachers change yearly. PTO is very active and there are several events throughout the year that are offered to the children, and a ton of opportunities to participate, as a parent.

Fox Elementary School 1

Posted March 12, 2009
Our son is in first grade at Fox after attending a different district for pre-k and kindergarten. We are not happy at all with Fox. The principal is very unaproachable, unfriendly, and never there. God forbid you show up and need to talk to her without an appointment. There have not been a lot of fundraisers recently, but at the beginning of the school year...there were THREE going on at the same time. The PTO doesn't take suggestions to heart at all. I don't feel welcomed at all. We are currently planning to send our son back to his old school for the remainder of elementary school even though it means driving him every day. It will be worth it!

Posted May 23, 2008
My child transfered to this school later in the school year and i wish we had put her here in the beginning. She learned nothing the whole time at the other school and came home cranky every day, but in the short time in Fox she is almost caught up to the other kids and comes home happy every day. This school has so much more resources for helping the kids and the teachers are wonderful. The PTO is great also, my child isn't bringing home constant fundraisers which get so costly. Family Fun nights are a lot of fun and my kids look forward to these nights. It's great for a school to encourage family time.

Posted August 01, 2007
Fox has some wonderful teachers and the specials programs that are run at Fox are extraordinary. The music teacher has a concert for every grade level... this is way beyond any other school in the area... and the Science teacher really connects with the children. Overall the parent involvement is pretty good at Fox... parents are encouraged to help- out in the classroom and through the PTO with events like dances, classroom parties, movie nights, Bingo nights and more. Truly a great school for children to learn and grow.

Posted December 19, 2006

Posted March 20, 2004

Fox Elementary School
17500 Millstone Drive, Macomb, MI  48044
Last modified Fox Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fox Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top