Posted June 14, 2013
This is truly a great school. I moved my kids here this year, from a private school and I was blown away by how wonderful the teachers and the Principal are. My children have come so far and are above grade level. The Principal goes above and beyond any other principal. To the person who posted 2 negative reviews about detention recess...I had a child in 4th grade and I made sure we stayed on top of AR. The teachers made it easy by having parents sign the AR log every week, so it should not be a surprise. If the parents do not want to hold their children accountable, thankfully the teachers will! They are doing it to better the child, not be mean. My only complaint with this school is that many parents PARK in the drop-off lane in the morning, get out and chit chat or sit in the car and watch their kids stand in line. It makes it near impossible and frustrating to drop off your kids. I think a drop off/park procedure needs to be implemented and periodically enforced.

Posted May 11, 2013
I always thought Ojibwa Elementary was a good school. This change when I found out that my child from the fourth-grade pod was serving a long term detention for failing to attain their reading goals with Accelerated Reading Program. They have also been serving their detention with students who are there over behavior issues. This was done to my child without my knowledge. From this experience, I found that this tactic is used by all the teachers who reside from the Fourth-Grade Pod. As well, this policy is also supported by the school's Principle. For this reason only, my child will not be attending Ojibwa next fall.

Posted May 10, 2013
My school is great. Except, they take away a child recess and put them into detention with children who have behavior problems in school because they fail to meet their reading goals with the Accelerated Reading Program. For this reason, I am moving my children to a different school district.

Posted February 27, 2012
I disagree with the unfair review of Mrs. K. My children had her as teacher and I found her caring and organized. She gave my daughter extra attention in reading and my daugher grew to love reading. I thought her technology skills were a real plus, too. It's kinda lame to lump tenure, unions, and "these awful teachers" in a review like this. And to say " every parent I've talked to.." - that's just gossip. If you have a problem with every teacher, then maybe you just have a problem.

Posted February 27, 2012
the comments posted about Ms K may be considered libelous and as such inappropriate for public dissemination. It seems these comments have violated the GreatSchools Terms of Use and as such should be removed. It is not helpful to the community to be exposed to defamatory remarks about the teachers who educate our children. I am disappointed to see this type of material on this website.

Posted May 19, 2011
I am very pleased with Ojibwa. My child has excelled at this school and enjoys the school very much.

Posted April 20, 2011
Mrs. Kimmel is, by far, the worst teacher my 3 kids have ever had. She's uncaring, unorganized (loses kids homework), negative. Not once has she put a positive comment on a paper or test. She wants to be in Technology so she has a chip on her shoulder and takes it out on the kids. My son hated school thanks to her. We had to do damage control to undue all her influence. Every parent and neighbor I've talked to whose kid was in her class had the same complaints and she turned their kids against liking school to. Thanks to unions and tenure we're stuck with these awful teachers!

Ojibwa Elementary School 0

Posted January 07, 2009
I have to say that Mr. Rose, is a very caring Principal. I am very happy with how my concerns were addressed when it came to my daughters dissaproval of her teacher. I think some teachers do not need to be so overly strict. My daughter became so distraught she did not want to go to school anymore. And that's where I draw the line. So my experience, and my daughters was not a positive one. Whoever heard of detention recess anyway?

Ojibwa Elementary School 0

Posted December 29, 2008
My Children went to St. Thecla Catholic school (awful experience) and we made the switch to Ojibwa. The transition was very smooth with wonderful caring teachers and principal active in the care of our 2 children. They are 'A' students and are now surrounded with a more loving and nurturing community ! Who would have thought that a public school had so MUCH MORE to offer ! Thanks Ojibwa !

Posted June 02, 2007

Ojibwa Elementary School
46950 Heydenreich Road, Macomb, MI  48044
Last modified Ojibwa Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ojibwa Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top