Bad
Good

My son loves going to school. Likes his teacher. My son has learned a lot through out the year of Kindergarten. My sons likes doing workstations. Also going on field trips.

We are new to Ojibwa. Started in Sept 14'. Currently 2nd grade & Kindergarten. This school is very organized and efficient. The office staff was wonderful in helping us get registered during the summer and getting us through the transition. We really love my daughters 2nd grade teacher. She has excelled from low 2nd grade level to mid 3rd grade level (in all subject areas) in just 8 months! My son's Kindergarten teacher was proactive with special testing and speech IEP making sure he is not getting overlooked or left behind. Overall a great experience so far at Ojibwa.

This is truly a great school. I moved my kids here this year, from a private school and I was blown away by how wonderful the teachers and the Principal are. My children have come so far and are above grade level. The Principal goes above and beyond any other principal. To the person who posted 2 negative reviews about detention recess...I had a child in 4th grade and I made sure we stayed on top of AR. The teachers made it easy by having parents sign the AR log every week, so it should not be a surprise. If the parents do not want to hold their children accountable, thankfully the teachers will! They are doing it to better the child, not be mean. My only complaint with this school is that many parents PARK in the drop-off lane in the morning, get out and chit chat or sit in the car and watch their kids stand in line. It makes it near impossible and frustrating to drop off your kids. I think a drop off/park procedure needs to be implemented and periodically enforced.

I always thought Ojibwa Elementary was a good school. This change when I found out that my child from the fourth-grade pod was serving a long term detention for failing to attain their reading goals with Accelerated Reading Program. They have also been serving their detention with students who are there over behavior issues. This was done to my child without my knowledge. From this experience, I found that this tactic is used by all the teachers who reside from the Fourth-Grade Pod. As well, this policy is also supported by the school's Principle. For this reason only, my child will not be attending Ojibwa next fall.

My school is great. Except, they take away a child recess and put them into detention with children who have behavior problems in school because they fail to meet their reading goals with the Accelerated Reading Program. For this reason, I am moving my children to a different school district.

I disagree with the unfair review of Mrs. K. My children had her as teacher and I found her caring and organized. She gave my daughter extra attention in reading and my daugher grew to love reading. I thought her technology skills were a real plus, too. It's kinda lame to lump tenure, unions, and "these awful teachers" in a review like this. And to say " every parent I've talked to.." - that's just gossip. If you have a problem with every teacher, then maybe you just have a problem.

the comments posted about Ms K may be considered libelous and as such inappropriate for public dissemination. It seems these comments have violated the GreatSchools Terms of Use and as such should be removed. It is not helpful to the community to be exposed to defamatory remarks about the teachers who educate our children. I am disappointed to see this type of material on this website.

I am very pleased with Ojibwa. My child has excelled at this school and enjoys the school very much.

Mrs. Kimmel is, by far, the worst teacher my 3 kids have ever had. She's uncaring, unorganized (loses kids homework), negative. Not once has she put a positive comment on a paper or test. She wants to be in Technology so she has a chip on her shoulder and takes it out on the kids. My son hated school thanks to her. We had to do damage control to undue all her influence. Every parent and neighbor I've talked to whose kid was in her class had the same complaints and she turned their kids against liking school to. Thanks to unions and tenure we're stuck with these awful teachers!

I have to say that Mr. Rose, is a very caring Principal. I am very happy with how my concerns were addressed when it came to my daughters dissaproval of her teacher. I think some teachers do not need to be so overly strict. My daughter became so distraught she did not want to go to school anymore. And that's where I draw the line. So my experience, and my daughters was not a positive one. Whoever heard of detention recess anyway?

Last modified Ojibwa Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.