Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Chinese is no longer taught as "feet do the talking and middle school kids are walking to Spanish not Chinese and with budget constraints we can't afford both". Chinese was only introduced in the Elementary school and only for 3 years so no the middle school kids wouldn't want to go as they had never been exposed to it. The Principal is often "busy" and is more concerned about unauthorized people getting into the locked building (doors are locked you must be buzzed in) then the death trap parking lot for pick up and drop offs. Yes pick up and drop off is a concern for most schools but at least the new school we moved are kids to has staff outside helping and this school has no one. The Principal does not understand the definition of delegating responsibilities to other "caring and concerned" staff. We were here for three years and saw parents get into fights, use foul language and almost run over people/kids in the parking lots. Each year I and many other parents personnel spoke to the staff and Principal (when we could actually get to her) yet until it exploded on their Facebook page was not adequately addressed. We were a "school of choice" and it was very upsetting to here from staff and the Principal that all the parking lot problems were cause by "school of choice" families coming in. These problems should have been addressed at the onset of making it a school of choice. In every school you have "clicks" of parents but no where have I ever experienced the ostracizing that goes on here. This was extended to the children as well. To me this is bullying, by parents to other parents and children and should never be tolerated yet went on every day.

We went to Lessenger through school of choice for the Chinese Language program. Chinese class time seems to have decreased since we originally understood it, however the program is still a unique opportunity in the Detroit area. The teachers and principle have all been very accommodating and great to work with. Madison Heights is a small community in a bigger metro area and Lessenger benefits from both, an active local parent community and diversity. Our child has made a lot of good friends and we have been happy the education.

Lessenger has some excellent teachers, and the Chinese program is a huge bonus. I would recommend lessenger without reservation

I am very happy with the Teachers and Principal. I think they try very hard to teach our children to really start to forward think and empower the kids to think for them self. I love the conversations I have with my kids about school. The Parents are a part of the school and I think that makes a big difference.

Coming from the Madison District, it didn't take much to impress me; however, this school is beyond anything I could have hoped for! My children (1st and 5th graders) are both excelling and really enjoy going to school.

I have always loved that the teachers work so hard with the students and also with the parents. I will miss it when my daughter is done in a year. I have never not be happy with the school

THe kindergarten and Kindergarten Enrichment programs are great. My twins go there and love their teachers and love the school.

Fantastic school in a fantastic district! I went there and I wish we lived closer so that my daughter could go there too!

I have two children at Lessenger pre-k and 4th grade. The Teacher teaches the curriculum but they also give great social support at lessenger. I know that when my child is away at school they are in good hands. I do not have to worry about either of them. My children stay intrigued, stimulated and organized at lessenger. Mrs. Jarvis is great the teachers highly qualified and supportive.

This is the worst school ever! I had three children enrolled (preschool, 2nd grade and 4th grade) and the teachers were all terrible. Let me make my self clear... Both of my school age children were very advanced and had no issues in prior schools.(My son won the spelling bee, etc) Lessenger does get high marks for academics... It's nice to know how well the teachers score on the MEAPS. Also in closing, I was the Room Mom in my childrens class and was the V.P at the prior school. My children are now at Hiller and very happy!!!

Last modified Lessenger Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.