Madison Heights, MI

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted June 06, 2015
Special education teachers are no help. Usually, you'll see them playing on their computers or they never show up to class. It's sickening.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted June 06, 2015
They never help us. All special Ed kids get yelled at because we have a hard time learning the material that regular Ed kids can learn. They promise that they will help us, but they play on their computers instead.

Posted June 06, 2015
The high school has been nothing but problems for me. I've been attending this school district since kindergarten, and these past few years have been hell for me. I am a special Ed student, and they honestly don't care if I pass or fail. They literally have 3 "co-Ed" teachers for the 9th-11th graders, and they're all very mean, don't know how to help with things we're learning about, they yell when we ask for help, and much more. I'm now in the 11th grade, and I have all E's because they don't care if I'm passing or not. DON'T send your child here if they are in special Ed!

Posted June 06, 2015
The high school has been nothing but problems for me. I've been attending this school district since kindergarten, and these past few years have been hell for me. I am a Special Ed student, and they honestly don't care if I pass or fail. They literally have 3 "co-Ed" teachers for the 9th-11th graders, and they're all very mean, don't know how to help with things other students need help with, yell when we ask for help, and many more things. I'm now in 11th grade, with all E's because I get no Special Education help. If your child has a learning disability, DON'T, AND I MEAN DON'T SEND THEM HERE! They will get no help and get stressed more than a student is supposed to be.

Madison High School 3

Posted January 16, 2011
Madison High School is not a bad school. It is a little laid back but if you as parents make sure your child has the classes they are suppose to have and your child does the work they will be just fine. The sports teams are not very competitive if that is important to you. I felt rather secure that my child was pretty safe at the school. The band wasn't very impressive but they had one. So if your child is at a high school that you don't feel safe at Madison could be an option,

Madison High School 4

Posted May 08, 2007
My children both graduated from Madison, one works for Delphi, the other is graduating from college this year. What your child gets out of his education is directly related to what parents are willing to put into it. Yes, there is room for improvement, but that is the case most everywhere. This is a hard-working District, with caring and compassionate staff.

Posted December 15, 2006
If you value your childs education at all do not send them to any of Madison's schools. It seems as though they want students to fail. Parents please think twice before sending your children to any of this districts schools.

Posted February 09, 2006
I graduated in 2004 and must say that I am really happy I got out when I did. I feel bad for my brother that is still going there. The school district is falling apart. Principle of the school, David H., not very good at all. A lot of the good teachers have been let go. The new teachers and principle do not listen to students, or even take into consideration what the student is saying.Very few clubs to join if any. Really needs imporvment overall. If you have a choice, do not attend this high school.

Madison High School 3

Posted August 09, 2005
I began attending this school in the 10th grade I am now a Senior and I must say that this school has been a major asset to my life. the Teachers are very understanding and willing to go above and beyond there job to help the students.

Posted August 06, 2005
School System is broke. Many teacher have been let go from 2004 to 2005. This school year 2005 has less to offer our children. Many good Teachers are gone. Kindergarden is half day teacher half day para pro. Special ed services are very laps especially in jr high level. WE are moving because of the lack of education in this district check it out for yourself many homes have gone up for sale parents are fleeing the area. Because of the lack of education.

915 East 11 Mile Road, Madison Heights, MI  48071
Last modified Madison High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Madison High School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top