Marcellus, MI

Posted August 17, 2014
Marcellus is a small community, therefore the classroom numbers are low giving the students more access to personalized instruction. The teachers create an environment for success and are willing to work with students towards their goals. Homework hour is offered with teacher lead help and homework assistance. Junior and Seniors have the opportunity to attend a local college (for college and high school credit) or vo-tech (to fine tune or discover skills). Soccer, football, wrestling, cross country, track, basketball, softball, baseball, volleyball, golf are currently offered. Marching band, concert band and Jazz band are excellent programs providing opportunities for students to explore their musical talents. Check out their facebook pages as well as their web page.

Marcellus High School 2

Posted May 29, 2014
We moved here two years ago based on the schools rating at that time. I am sorry to say that we are highly disappointed in both the elementary and particularly the middle/high school. They are not advocates for children, the teachers either never contact us or wait until the day before a long holiday to let us know our child is struggling. Principle Wagner is a joke and will only talk down to this less educated than herself. Also, my children have come home several times hungry because they were not allowed to eat even though they had paid school lunches and lunches for outings. We are now looking into our legal rights and also moving all of our children into a different school. Our children can not learn at Marcellus because the leadership is so skewed. These are Adults who don't even understand how to work with children and they desperately lack tact.

Posted December 18, 2008
This school is a good place to learn. Some of the teachers aren't the best but the students take care of each other.

Posted December 11, 2007
I just started at Marcellus this year, and it is great! I have never felt more comfortable and safe at any other school in my life. They are all so welcoming here.

Posted July 14, 2007

Posted June 01, 2007
- a former student
I went to Marcellus my whole life and I liked it. Granted, discipline could have been better- but we were def. not all about sports. There were also tons of other extra curriculm activities, many of which I partcipated in, as well as sports. They encourage children to be active in many different things. As far as diversity- there were lots of different personality types there- it was great. They were small, and safe. You couldn't get lost in the crowd, there weren't teen pregnancies, people getting in trouble for drinking or drugs, no violent threats etc. You got along with about everyone and you felt safe. We were able to learn.

Posted March 03, 2006

Posted October 10, 2005
- a former student
Marcellus is an excellent school, I went there and recieved great one-on-one time with the teachers.

Marcellus High School 2

Posted February 20, 2005
- a former student
Marcellus is a small school, which makes it nice in some ways, there is a lot of one on one with students and teachers, but there is absolutely no diversity. Marcellus has the lowest test scores in the whole county, they care more about sports than anything else. If you want a small, narrow minded school for your child this is the one.

Posted December 03, 2003

Marcellus High School
303 East Arbor Street, Marcellus, MI  49067
Last modified Marcellus High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Marcellus High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top