Bad
Good

Marcellus is a small community, therefore the classroom numbers are low giving the students more access to personalized instruction. The teachers create an environment for success and are willing to work with students towards their goals. Homework hour is offered with teacher lead help and homework assistance. Junior and Seniors have the opportunity to attend a local college (for college and high school credit) or vo-tech (to fine tune or discover skills). Soccer, football, wrestling, cross country, track, basketball, softball, baseball, volleyball, golf are currently offered. Marching band, concert band and Jazz band are excellent programs providing opportunities for students to explore their musical talents. Check out their facebook pages as well as their web page.

We moved here two years ago based on the schools rating at that time. I am sorry to say that we are highly disappointed in both the elementary and particularly the middle/high school. They are not advocates for children, the teachers either never contact us or wait until the day before a long holiday to let us know our child is struggling. Principle Wagner is a joke and will only talk down to this less educated than herself. Also, my children have come home several times hungry because they were not allowed to eat even though they had paid school lunches and lunches for outings. We are now looking into our legal rights and also moving all of our children into a different school. Our children can not learn at Marcellus because the leadership is so skewed. These are Adults who don't even understand how to work with children and they desperately lack tact.

This school is a good place to learn. Some of the teachers aren't the best but the students take care of each other.

I just started at Marcellus this year, and it is great! I have never felt more comfortable and safe at any other school in my life. They are all so welcoming here.

I went to Marcellus my whole life and I liked it. Granted, discipline could have been better- but we were def. not all about sports. There were also tons of other extra curriculm activities, many of which I partcipated in, as well as sports. They encourage children to be active in many different things. As far as diversity- there were lots of different personality types there- it was great. They were small, and safe. You couldn't get lost in the crowd, there weren't teen pregnancies, people getting in trouble for drinking or drugs, no violent threats etc. You got along with about everyone and you felt safe. We were able to learn.

Last modified Marcellus High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.