Bad
Good

I am a parent of two students at Martin Public Schools. Both have attended since kindergarten, and we considered several other neighboring districts as schools of choice options before enrolling our oldest child in Martin. Martin is a small Class D. There are some classes (foreign languages, choir, AP classes) that are not available. Some sports are not competitive. However, over all, as a parent with very high standards, I am so glad our children attend Martin. The small community environment is supportive of students no matter what gifts and challenges they bring. Students who might ordinarily be put in special education are regularly mainstreamed, and often the counselor or social worker will have students partnered with them to make sure they are welcomed and accepted. Any student can be in band and sports at a varsity level if they wish, so the ultra-competitive "making the team" dynamic does not exist. Because there are not as many classes, the district has aggressively pursued early college through AAESA, community and 4 year colleges. Students can earn up to 2 years credit virtually for free while still in high school, which is a huge leg up for college.

This schools system is the worst school system I have been involved with. The administration is not held accountable by any one. They educate perhaps 10% of the students, with the right last name. Three generations is an outsider here. When questioned about a particular program the principals answer to me was the statics were askew. The program was at least three years old and suppose to help struggling students. As many parents we used school of choice after realizing there was minimal education available to bulk of the student poplualtion, now we are moving. The good reviews are from the 10% I assure you.

Being a student at Martin, I think the school is great, the students are mostly well-behaved, and even if we may not offer the advanced, special, classes, the teachers do a great job at teaching what their supposed to. The school is a little behind in some areas, but is just as good as any other, bigger schools. It's a great place to make good, lifelong friends, and everyone has that known face when you live in such a small town. It's a great place to be loved and remembered.

Being a graduate of Martin High I think I can be a witness to both the good and the bad aspects of the school. You get back what you put into it, the same that would come from any other high school in the area. The staff there is willing to help. While some staff seems to 'click' better with students than others it again, does not differ from that of other schools. The emphasis on sports is not Martin High only... our culture today puts such an emphasis on athletics that a school cannot help but do the same. However if the school emphasizes their athletics, and more students participate, wouldn't that be better? The eligability program along with peer pressure alone to be able to play would keep any students grades up in my past experience. Martin High does it's best to ensure each student gets great personal education.

As a Senior this year, I can proudly say that I went to Martin Public Schools. I had previously gone to a private school and liked Martin much better. The staff is very knowledgeable and dedicated to helping students succeed in their academic and personal lives. They are willing to help with anything from academic work, to any emotional problems someone might have. Some students move out of the district b/c they want to go to a bigger school. I don't think that they will get the same personal attention that they get at Martin. I feel that I have been prepared well for the tools I need to succeed in college and life, and wish that I could go back to being a freshman all over again.

I was a student at Martin High School and felt that it did not prepare students academically for college. Things may have changed since I graduated, but due to the size and number of teachers at Martin there we not a lot of choices in the classes you could take, and no AP courses.

Martin is an extremely small and very involved school. It is a great place to go to school. You will graduate with everyone that you know with the graduating class being only 60 students or less. I love the school so much!!

As a Martin Alumni and college grad I can honestly say Martin is a fair school. Being a smaller school puts students at a disadvantage for higher education but allows for more attention from teachers. There are not enough challenging classes to really prepare students for challenging futures. And for those students that struggle, they are simply pushed through ( no child left behind ). The extra curricular activities are strong at Martin, which is especially surprising for the schools lack of size. Between sports teams, the band, and clubs a sense of pride runs through the student body. Martin could be a much stronger school if parent involvement was higher, however that isn t the school s fault it's the parents.

I have been a student at Martin Public Schools since kindergarten, I can truley say that if you want the safty of a small school and the education of a large school then Martin is the best school for you. I know that Martin doesn't have all the classes that it can offer, but that is not their fault. The government keeps making budgat cuts and taking all the money for schools and giving it away to the larger schools. Martin is doing the best they can with what they can. They are offering more classes next like more online classes, and more acdamic classes. Our band class is one of the best class D bands around. But we don't have the money to show ourselves off.

There is one thing that makes me mad about people who say bad things about Martin, they never ever look at the 'inside' of the school. Martin has been given a bad name by people outside of the school district. Being a sophomore now, I can proudly say that I'm proud to be a student at Martin. Just because we are a small school, doesn't mean that the quality of education goes down with the size. It is harder to be able to graduate with all of the new requirements both the state and school are setting for us. That helps show that our school staff cares enough to help us succeed in the rough job economy ahead of us. Martin may put emphasis on sports, but they are trying to bring us all closer together in our school.

Last modified Martin High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.