Public charter
Melvindale, MI

Academy For Business And Technology High School 5

Posted September 16, 2013
I have been attending this school since I have been in the 9th grade. And this school is a very good, intelligent, family type of school. There are many great staff and students that are the many few intelligent people in the city/state, SO FOR ALL THE FALSE ACCUSATIONS PLEASE PEOPLE GET INTO THE HALLS AND SEE HOW WE TREAT ONE ANOTHER, WE ARE LIKE ONE BIG FAMILY IN THIS SCHOOL AND THAT IS HOW THE STAFF TRY'S TO KEEP IT.... SHOUT OUT TO OUR FANTASTIC CONSULAR AND TEACHER,,, ECT....... ABT GATORS

Posted May 10, 2013
This school is one of the worst possible schools to send your child to if you want them to get a quality education. The students here are students that have been put out of other schools for their behavior, as such instead of enforcing a strict no tolerance policy, these students are found in the halls on a constant basis, or serving what the school calls an in school suspension. These students are violent, and are often seen bullying other students who are not fortunate enough to be transported to another school, but the administration gives them no real disciplinary guidance. The actual teaching staff seems to care about actually educating these sorry children, but how can you teach in a class full of trouble makers who can't read write, and do simple math. I feel sorry for those of us who actually do care that are trying to make a difference. It seems our talent, and time is being wasted.

Academy For Business And Technology High School 2

Posted October 23, 2011
Ive been here since 6th grade (12th grade now) This school is just a Detroit Public school disguised..... Its terrible, I'm missing certain credits and yet i'm "ahead of the game" ( they told me not to complain) WARNING SIGN. My worst fear is that I won't be quite ready for college next year. I must admit we ARE spoon-feed but I know it will hurt me in the long run. I think the most I can do is go to another school. But I really don't want to do that considering it's my 12th grade year. The students are ignorantly arrogant. Even the Basketball team is terrible now, we use to be very, very (state champions) good. ALSO we need 24 credits here to graduate (6 every high school year), MR Kirk is passing some students along with 18-20 credits.... Some of us only have 11 now...

Posted March 09, 2010

Posted March 08, 2010
I attended for my last year only. Has good teachers but the work is too easy. Partly because the kids there want to be spoon fed. There is no challenge when it comes to the work except for one or two classes. Yea the gpa's may look nice on the transcript but its not even close enough preparation for college and I am lucky to have attended a challenging school before or I would be lost in college.

Posted October 01, 2009

Posted September 23, 2009
well i basically been going to ABT since the 6th grade (now im in the (9th) its a pretty good school but we dont have that many activites such as football, wrestling, etc basically what most highschools have.and there lunch is not all that good either but my grades did improve big time

Academy For Business And Technology High School 3

Posted August 07, 2009
When i first attended the staff was.. less than up to snuff however they got rid of the bad teachers and replaced them , the councilors are great! 5/5 for them , the teachers are good and get better each year 4/5 the students have their downfalls and are quick to become violent but i ignore most of them 2/5 for them

Posted May 14, 2009
Teachers don't care. Very few activities. Little structure. Students don't learn much. Excellent Boys Basketball Team.

Academy For Business And Technology High School 2

Posted March 29, 2009

Academy For Business And Technology High School
19625 Wood Street, Melvindale, MI  48122
Last modified Academy For Business And Technology High School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Academy For Business And Technology High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top