Bad
Good

I have been attending this school since I have been in the 9th grade. And this school is a very good, intelligent, family type of school. There are many great staff and students that are the many few intelligent people in the city/state, SO FOR ALL THE FALSE ACCUSATIONS PLEASE PEOPLE GET INTO THE HALLS AND SEE HOW WE TREAT ONE ANOTHER, WE ARE LIKE ONE BIG FAMILY IN THIS SCHOOL AND THAT IS HOW THE STAFF TRY'S TO KEEP IT.... SHOUT OUT TO OUR FANTASTIC CONSULAR AND TEACHER,,, ECT....... ABT GATORS

This school is one of the worst possible schools to send your child to if you want them to get a quality education. The students here are students that have been put out of other schools for their behavior, as such instead of enforcing a strict no tolerance policy, these students are found in the halls on a constant basis, or serving what the school calls an in school suspension. These students are violent, and are often seen bullying other students who are not fortunate enough to be transported to another school, but the administration gives them no real disciplinary guidance. The actual teaching staff seems to care about actually educating these sorry children, but how can you teach in a class full of trouble makers who can't read write, and do simple math. I feel sorry for those of us who actually do care that are trying to make a difference. It seems our talent, and time is being wasted.

Ive been here since 6th grade (12th grade now) This school is just a Detroit Public school disguised..... Its terrible, I'm missing certain credits and yet i'm "ahead of the game" ( they told me not to complain) WARNING SIGN. My worst fear is that I won't be quite ready for college next year. I must admit we ARE spoon-feed but I know it will hurt me in the long run. I think the most I can do is go to another school. But I really don't want to do that considering it's my 12th grade year. The students are ignorantly arrogant. Even the Basketball team is terrible now, we use to be very, very (state champions) good. ALSO we need 24 credits here to graduate (6 every high school year), MR Kirk is passing some students along with 18-20 credits.... Some of us only have 11 now...

I attended for my last year only. Has good teachers but the work is too easy. Partly because the kids there want to be spoon fed. There is no challenge when it comes to the work except for one or two classes. Yea the gpa's may look nice on the transcript but its not even close enough preparation for college and I am lucky to have attended a challenging school before or I would be lost in college.

well i basically been going to ABT since the 6th grade (now im in the (9th) its a pretty good school but we dont have that many activites such as football, wrestling, etc basically what most highschools have.and there lunch is not all that good either but my grades did improve big time

When i first attended the staff was.. less than up to snuff however they got rid of the bad teachers and replaced them , the councilors are great! 5/5 for them , the teachers are good and get better each year 4/5 the students have their downfalls and are quick to become violent but i ignore most of them 2/5 for them

Teachers don't care. Very few activities. Little structure. Students don't learn much. Excellent Boys Basketball Team.

I am a new parent to ABT, my son previously attended a surburban school. I am fairly new to a lot of the comments, but I am a parent of 7 children, and observing and being attentive are some of my positive traits. I am very happy with my son's involvement with the school's activities. I do notice that there are not as many activities as other schools, however, one thing I've learned in being a parent, is the responsibility of your children are yours. And they can be shared, but they are not to be overtaken by anyone. So, parents, grandparents, siblings, and anyone else closely related to the student, should have more involvement, volunteerism is the spirit of the family! Let's become more involved in our children's future, and become their example! It takes all of us....

This school has helped me greatly in many different ways. Until I attended ABT, I didn't care about school. It wasn't fun for me, and I never had the energy to complete all of my work without frustration. After attending ABT, I grew more attached to school, made more friends and had a better vision of what school should be like. Not only can ABT be fun and hip to today's teens, but also very educational. The counselor is also very helpful. I love ABT.

I agree with some of the comments, however, I happen to believe ABT is a wonderful school. My nephew had a ton of behavior problems he started out with a .87 GPA in the 6th grade and now he's a 2.6GPA student. He still has a way to go, but I appreciate all the help he received to get him back on track.

Last modified Academy For Business And Technology High School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.