Allendale Elementary School 1

Posted January 02, 2014
I would not give any stars to this school. My oldest son has special needs and this school was not able to offer much of any help and even made things worse by their uncaring manner and after my son went on to middle school, his little brother is still there and I find they treat him wrong because of the feelings they had with his older brother. There are a few good teachers, but I can only name two or three. The Asst. principal is unfair and prejudiced. The principal leaves everything up to the asst. principal. I even went to the Board of Education with my concerns and I received a vm that they stand by their teachers and administrators and could do nothing to help me. They consolidated all the elementary schools into one and now the school is so large, it is harder to control and this is why things are this way. Not to mention too many administrators there are uncaring, probably only there to get their paycheck. This is why I am moving. I have decided to leave the district and just move somewhere else. I can't deal with them anymore let alone my poor kids.

Allendale Elementary School 1

Posted May 24, 2011
I have read several of the reviews. Most mentions loving the schools security measures. I have two children in Allendale and have never seen any security measures. As far as the school, I wouldn't recommend it for minorities as many of the staff there are racist. I regret having ever placed my children in that school and school district! One thing I do like is the music and band class they offer for the students. I believe having children in an arts program to this magnitude is important in helping to create well-rounded students/individuals. The band teacher does an amazing job in teaching al of his students music and instrument playing rather they are on an beginning level or more advanced.

Allendale Elementary School 0

Posted October 13, 2009
I love the safety and security that Allendale provides for its students. They also have many activities provided for the kids by the PTO, more than most schools provide.

Posted January 08, 2008

Posted November 08, 2007
Wow! This is a great school to be in. I believe the academic program is great. I do however think that a child could have a small homework assignment a night - not an overwhelming amount though. This school is a wonderful new school with great people and a great principal leading it. I know for a fact that the security measures and evacuation procedures put in place are excellent. Music/band is made avail to the children but extracurricular and other activities such as sports are not provided to my knowledge for 2thru4th graders.

Posted August 28, 2007
This is an amazing school! In my opinion, Allendale should serve as a model for every elementary school. They provide an exceptional reading program, have outstanding art and music programs, and work with students of all levels to help them reach their highest possible potential. The safety program is very well coordinated, the Principal is very involved with the students, and the teachers are absolutley outstanding.

Posted May 29, 2007

Posted December 01, 2006
- a administrator

Allendale Elementary School 4

Posted November 16, 2006
My child attends this school currently. I am very impressed with the security, and the teaching programs. The parents must be involved with their child's education, and interact with the teacher in order to recieve progress reports.

Allendale Elementary School
3201 Oakwood Boulevard, Melvindale, MI  48122
Last modified Allendale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 2-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Allendale Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top