Posted March 19, 2014
Lacks diversity. Very "cliquey". Administrative lacks professionalism. On the plus side, academically, they are great but preparing the kids for the real world is not a strong point.

Posted January 27, 2014
Honestly hasletts not the best school. They never accept new students. Their group is their groups. They accept no one. I've been here since 4th grade and am now going into high school and I hate haslett. They lack diversity! 95% white, 3% Asian and 2% black. We need more diversity. Also this school isn't very welcoming at all. I hav en't really tried to get good grades or really try in school at all till this year and I'm an A student, so I signed up for student counsel, PALS and year book and didn't accept me. Told my mom that I wasn't able to due to my past 2years. So as of next year, I will be transferring school. Haslett is good teaching wise though. I learned a lot.!

Posted May 26, 2013
My son attended Haslett High School through Schools of Choice, and will graduate with honors on June 2, 2013. I could not be happier with Haslett High School, the teachers, staff, principals, School Board and the wonderful education he received. He will start college as a second semester freshman thanks to the four Advanced Placement classes he took.

Posted December 07, 2009
I am currently a student at haslett high school and there is very little racism, almost none. Just because our school is not that diverse does not mean that there is 'too much racism'

Posted October 04, 2009
Our high school has a great emphasis on the arts (band, choirs, etc.), which as studies show, lead to even greater involvement and success by students in their overall studies. Athletics, while successful, are kept in balance with academics.

Posted June 27, 2009
I am a teacher, as well as a parent for a school of choice student at HHS. Haslett is an incredible school district! The staff is exceptional! The time, dedication and committment that they put in is admirable. Having taught elsewhere prior to coming to Haslett, I remain impressed with the community, parent support and involvement, student motivation and achievement, and the districts concern for all learners. As my wife and I contemplated where to send our children as they complete 8th grade at a private school, there was no comparable choice - Haslett H.S. was the place. I remain particularly impressed with the social studies department, their infusion of technology into the courses, their cooperation in aligning the curricula, the connections they make with students and the community, and their efforts to teach all learners.

Posted December 09, 2008
I am now currently going to Haslett high school. I transferred from Detroit to Lansing. To be honest Haslett seems like a nice school but it really does lack diversity BIG TIME and there are some racism problems in this school. And the means of wealth in this school....money is not everything..... this school has nice teachers but some lack orginization. To be honest between my old school and this school I would go back to my old school.

Posted December 05, 2008
They have seemed to forgot that they are there to educate the young men and young women that walk through there doors. Not for personal wealth and status. Treat all the parents and students the same and dont look down on the less fortunate and cater to the wealthy. When this happens it will be an a+ plus school again.

Posted July 14, 2007

Posted April 16, 2007
My children currently attend Wilkshire and Murphy elementary and I couldn't be more pleased with the environment in which my children get to learn in and be a part of. The elementary buildings really look at how the environment in the school and classroom impact a child's learning (responsive classroom). I'm so impressed with the options available to my children as well. There is spanish class starting in 2nd grade and a writing club. My kindergartener is learning sign language and spanish from her teacher which she loves. I am learning that Haslett teachers are of high quality it doesn't matter who you have. Parent-teacher conferences involve the student and it is called a Goal Setting Conference in which the student actively participates in developing. I just can't say enough about the district. We are very pleased!

Haslett High School
5450 Marsh Road, Meridian Charter Township, MI  48840
Last modified Haslett High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Haslett High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top