Mesick, MI

Floyd M. Jewett Elementary School 4

Posted September 08, 2014
Mesick is a great school in many ways, but like a lot of other schools also can have it's problems. The things I like about this school is that they offer many individual-tailored programs to help students with the area they are struggling with. Since my children have been attending (k-6) they have each had equally different problems such as bullying, lack if concern for the bullying displayed by teachers. But overall I gave a 4 because the school has many great qualities, too many to list. If you are thinking about moving here I would say you should have no hestitstion that your child won't be in a good learning environment, because it is!

Floyd M. Jewett Elementary School 5

Posted April 24, 2009
Mesick Elementary has small class sizes (22 or less), paraprofessional help, daily 30 minute intervention reading classes and a 90 minute Literacy Block. Lessons are planned using data so that needs of children are being met.

Floyd M. Jewett Elementary School 3

Posted November 15, 2008
My son is currently in third grade at Mesick Elementary and has attended since Kindergarten. Overall, I would say that Mesick is a good school, but we've had some good times and some bad times. I think the problem with some of the bad times is that there are too many students per teacher, so the teacher is not able to take the time to engage each 'challenging' child's interest and focus. Just recently, we found out that my son's issues in class with not staying on task and being disruptive were due to his boredom with the assignments. From K-2nd grade, no one could figure that out. We even had a teacher suggest medication for his instability because she had 'seen this type of behavior before.' My son's teacher this year has caught on to him and challenges him everyday. I wish all of his teachers were like this.

Floyd M. Jewett Elementary School
210 East Mesick Avenue, Mesick, MI  49668
Last modified Floyd M. Jewett Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Floyd M. Jewett Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top