Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

The staff does an excellent job identifying strengths and weaknesses in kids and working to challenge them with their strengths and overcome their weaknesses.

We recently moved to Milan and we absolutely love the schools! They have a wonderful pre-school.

So happy with the education my children get from Milan schools, communication with parents and teachers are great!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

All of the interactions I have had at Paddock have been wonderful. I think all the teachers really care about the kids and their education.

Amount of homework: Agree

For the age level, my kids brought homework home as a practice to reinforce what they learned at school. It was helpful as they got older because they were accustomed to having homework on a regular basis.

All three of my children went through Paddock Elementary. Everyone is very approachable and dedicated to the success and well being of all the students. There are many opportunities to be involved in the classroom and school activities. I absolutely loved the principal Sean DeSarbo (Mr. D)

Children are the focus at this school, very happy to see my child want to go to school. Great programs offered to keep parents involved.

I have put one child through this school and have another in first grade. I have found the emphasis on reading and math to have stepped up quite a bit over the last couple of years as my firstgrader learned to read in Kindergarten. The teachers are caring and professional.

My daughter was in the kindergarten program last year and she was not challenged at all. Her teacher was new and knew nothing about being a teacher. She was not in control of her classroom and my daughter did not learn much from her.

This school is severely lacking in terms of academics. They are so 1950's in their understanding of what kids are capable of at this age level. There was no emphasis on learning to read; the focus seemed to be on recognizing letters. There was no emphasis on doing any form of math (counting to ten out loud was an activity in December). Spare me - my two year old can do that! The biggest emphasis seemed to be on playing. The only thing that my daughter consistently talked about was the school's social worker/counselor coming into class to give presenations on how everyone is great and to stay away from strangers. Nothing seemed to have been learned academically...what a waste of time!

Last modified Paddock Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-2