PK-3|Private

Bad
Good

My son has been at this school for three years. He is an incredibly bright and creative child but struggled with self discipline and motivation. His loving teachers have taught him to respect others and his own space. They are dedicated to motivating him and giving him the confidence to succeed. We are very happy with this school.

Simply the best investment we ever made for our two boys. They attended this school for 3 years. The amazing developement in my children was astounding. The teachers care and love for each and every single child. They turn out wonderful, respectful and highly educated children. The MMS staff have become part of my family and will always be...we are hoping our 3rd child will be attending in the fall...

After spending months visiting local preschools, we are happy that we chose this one. My son entered his 2nd yr. here and has made strides that I didn't expect to see until later years. The academic programs are wonderful; they give children the opportunity to advance as far as they want to in areas that they are interested in and gently encourage other areas. He is adding/subtracting, sounding out words, and while he was once shy, they respectfully let him be himself and slowly he came out of his shell. The art program is amazingly clever - painting under tables to mimic painting the Sistine Chapel, etc. - very creative. Well balanced program. Lots of field trips. Parents need to bring in better snack choices (not reinforced) but that is our only complaint.

My daughter went for 3 years to MMS and my son will be entering his second year in the fall. The teachers are wonderful and caring. The education the children receive is very well-rounded, with exposure to so many subjects that other pre-schools and kindergartens do not teach. The one drawback I find is that the director seems a bit spread thin between MMS and MMA, and could use some administrative assistance.

I value the caring nature of all the teachers and staff there and I am confident my children are receiving a high quality education in academics, self-responsibility, and an awareness of the needs of others and the environment. I am very happy with the content of lessons presented too. My children love learning about continents, cultures, languages, dinosaurs, animals, phonics,( the list of studies goes on and on). The also love their weekly Spanish lessons. My children also enjoy the art and music programs as well as the gymnastic class available. A few words about another review... There are no counselors or clerks at this school, so I find it strange that someone would comment on people who never existed. The comments made also go against any Montessori philosophy, especially the philosophy created at Milford Montessori. Teachers always show a desire to help each child reach his/her potential academically and otherwise.

The environment is far from being rushed as it reflects true Montessori values that teach children how to care for all parts of their environment. The administrator and teachers demonstrate great care and respect for the school and toward each other; it is reflected in the children and how they treat each other. Anyone looking into this school (especially those who may judge it by this webpage) really should visit MMS. I have only good things to say about the experience my child and my family is having at MMS.

Last modified Milford Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-3