Monroe, MI
Before care: Yes

Posted December 21, 2012
We moved our boys to Meadow this school year. They are in the 1st and 4th grades. We were a little nervous moving our 9 year old from his old school and friends. We needed to move our children because they weren't being challenged at their individual levels in the public system due to classroom / teacher ratio. Best decision we have made as parents. We continue to be amazed. Our only regret is that we didn't enroll them in MMS 3 years ago. Ms. Cathe is an exceptional leader. Each teacher, each assistant, each MMS staff member is fantastic. I feel very safe sending our children here, physically and emotionally. We were concerned about the drive and the expense, but, after watching our children flourish in countless ways, we have made it our top priority for the next 11 years. This is an investment in our children. We truly feel the benefits they are gaining will be lifelong. The curriculum is excellent and we see them being more respectful, having a stronger work ethic, far more self-confident and sincerely happy. Can't say enough.

Posted November 27, 2012
My son attended Meadow Montessori School for grades 7-12. He was extremely well prepared for college and life. The teaching faculty is tremendous and the curriculum is challenging. The opportunities for travel let him experience the world. His education was rich.

Posted November 22, 2012
This school is excellent. Very professional but still relaxed. My granddaughter is in 1st grade and to listen to her vs public school children in 2nd and 3rd grade is amazing. Her vocabulary, her knowledge is above and beyond anything learned in public schools. "When I take her places with me people comment: I will save to send my kids to this type of schooling she is amazing for her age."There teachers are very caring and loving to each and every child. Montessori education not only surpasses traditional education it develops a person into a wonderful human being. To say anything else proves you have not done much research in this area. Anyone who has questions about Montessori education should view Dr. Steven Hughes on utube.

Posted September 11, 2012
My granddaughter thrives at Meadow Montessori, where she is beginning her third year. The teachers -- all of them -- are terrific and extremely committed to their students. They are warm, loving and caring for each child. The Montessori method of education is outstanding and I have found that Peace really is an attainable goal. The administration has bent over backward to make it affordable for our family. And it is fun! The children are happy and get along well with all age groups and are eager to learn. There are no big discipline issues; the teachers have time to actually teach. And the children do learn. This is a first-rate school.

Posted September 07, 2012
My child has been attending this school for three years. The staff and faculty are first-rate; they have a vested interest in maintaining the school's excellence as most of them have children attending the school. My child comes home every day tired but happy, glowing with the day's experiences. The cost of the school is comparable to the local parochial schools and is a bargain compared to other Montessori schools. The school has wonderful outdoor space for playtime and the study of nature. Good community, good children, good school!

Posted October 19, 2010
My son attended this school for 8 years and I totally disagree with the previous reviewer. I found the teachers to be the most caring I have ever met. I am not wealthy by any means but the education that my child received was worth the struggle. Compared to schools in the surrounding communities, Meadow Montessori School is a bargain!

Meadow Montessori School 1

Posted August 21, 2008
My son went to this school for 4 years. While the basic education is sound I observed the following deficiencies; 1)The cost of the school is astronomical 2) There are constant 'fund raisers' 3)They have no gymnasium 4) There are few organized sports 5) the teachers are generally mean to the students, then lie about it 5) There is no transportation available 6) Dismissal is completely disorganized 7) Music is forced upon children who have no talent or desire for it So if you have an excess of money, and none of the above are of concern to you you should be happy there.

Posted February 21, 2006

Meadow Montessori School
1670 South Raisinville Road, Monroe, MI  48161
Last modified Meadow Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Meadow Montessori School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top