Public charter
Monroe, MI
Before care: Yes

Posted March 28, 2014
March is reading month, so we played Candyland in our hallway. When the children reach Candy Castle, they get a special treat. My son was so excited, because his class made it! When he got there, he did receive the promised prize...and HOMEMADE CANDY CASTLE SUCKER! How wonderful...except he has a peanut allergy. As a rule of thumb, I don't let him have anything unless I can read the label...for each ingredient. So, I just told him not to worry about it and that I'd ask the person who made them. I asked, and she said she'd check the labels. The very next morning, she came to me, with a bag of labels from each ingredient, and found that the food coloring she used in the first batch had been made in a facility with peanuts (which my son cannot have). She then proceeded to show me new food coloring and handed me a new sucker...completely safe for my son. I could not believe that she went above and beyond...to be sure my son felt included! I cannot describe how much of a concern it is to keep him safe. Not only is it about the incredible education he is receiving, but it's ALL of his needs being met...one situation at a time! WOW! May God bless Mrs. Niemi! Triumph Rocks!

Posted March 11, 2014
Hourss Year I Made The Difficult Choice To Switch My Daughters From Their Previous SChool To Triumph Academy...Best Choice I've Made All Year! I Love That Triumph Focuses On Morals, Responsibility, Respect, And Of Choose, Academic Excellence! It Is So Refreshing To See That The Teachers Have Control Of The Classroom And The Students Are Focused And Engaged In Their Studies! My Daughters Love The Opportunities That They Have At Triumph, Both During School Hours And After. The School Has A Very Safe And Family Like Atmosphere, Which Helps Me As A Parent Feel Comfortable Leaving My Children In Their Hands! Looking Forward To The Bright Future My Children Will Have!

Posted February 24, 2014
Triumph is an absolute God send. I'm a parent of two and my oldest attended Jefferson district and I have nothing good to say about Jefferson. My youngest has been a Triumph student since Kindergarten and I can say I am pleased. The teachers truly strive at teaching. They each have their classrooms under control. The academics are the highest in our area. They have morale focus too which is a great asset to raising conscientious human beings. The atmosphere is inviting. The administrative staff is always helpful. Every school should be modeled like Triumph. The world would be a better place. Don't believe me? Take a tour. You won't be disappointed.

Triumph Academy 3

Posted August 27, 2013
My children have had Mrs. Gardner, Mrs. Belitz, and Mrs. Langton for kindergarten. Mrs. Gardner goes above and beyond, especially for kindergarten graduation. She was a very experienced teacher with great techniques. Mrs. Belitz tries very hard and does a lot of special things for her students and family but I'm not sure if she was flexible enough to reach students of all learning types. Mrs. Langton was nice but she seemed to do the bare minimum. The class graduation, which should have been a special occasion, was very lacking and disappointing. I also noticed that Mrs. Langton's aide, Mrs. Marks, used her cell phone A LOT during school hours and seemed very short with some of the students. If given the opportunity to do it all over again I would make sure ALL of my children had Mrs. Gardner for kindergarten. She's definitely the best.

Posted March 31, 2013
My 6 year old goes there and I am very pleased with her teachers they are awesome my kid has advanced so much I am so proud of her and it is thanks to the help of her teachers. I am very proud she says the pledge and that they have a moral focus. I love that they allow us acces to there grades and also that it is parent freindly in the classroom.

Posted January 24, 2013
We've been at the school since my son helped with the ground-breaking! No school anywhere is perfect. There have been teachers we have not agreed with; but we were told before the school was built that the average NHA student scored 1.5 times grade level on standardized tests. By the time our son graduated 6th grade, he was scoring high 10th grade in all subjects... EXACTLY 1.5 times grade level! Bar set and cleared! Now that he's in his graduation year, we haven't found a high school that stacks up to NHA standards without raiding his college fund. Greg & Beth

Triumph Academy 4

Posted June 09, 2012
My daughter attended Triumph for 7th and 8th grades. There are positives and negatives for this school. Picking up was bad in her first year and worse in her second. The big problem was their system wasn't enforced and should have been from the first week of school. All students are dismissed at the same time and, except for extra-curricular activities, have to be out of the building ASAP (unless you pay to have the after-school caregivers to watch your child.) People were parking in the pick-up lanes and leaving their vehicles to get their child(ren) instead using the parking spaces, resulting in blocking the people behind them as well as those in the parking spaces. They also did this at the entrances. If there's going to be a procedure for picking up your child, it needs to be enforced or else why bother having one? I love the uniform policy and the focus on education instead of the next social event which regular public schools seem to focus on. Again, the dress code was strictly adhered to in her first year and more relaxed in her second. There are no locks on the lockers so make sure that your child's things are clearly labeled. continued on another post...

Triumph Academy 4

Posted June 09, 2012
continued... Their website leaves a lot to be desired. The calendar mentions the days off and the trimesters' beginnings and endings (which I prefer to semesters) but doesn't mention things such as basketball meets, events that were e-mailed to me, or tihngs that my daughter said were planned. On the positive side I liked being able to access my daughter's grades and having a link to e-mail the teachers (and they always responded promptly.) Parent-teacher conferences are planned in the fall and spring; however, it's first come, first served which made it more difficult to reach all of the teachers in the middle school because there was usually a line-up.

Posted February 06, 2012
Moral Focus! To have moral focus be one of the top priorities of this school is just an added bonus! I've been in other public schools and the lack of respect and morals displayed in the students is very sad! There is a different moral focus every month and these students are reminded of this on a daily basis in the monring assembly where they also say the PLEDGE OF ALLIGANCE everyday! TRIUMPH ACADEMY IS AN AMAZING SCHOOL! Check it out for yourself, don't listen to the myths out there, take it from someone whos been there and knows. Call the school take a tour and you be the judge...

Posted January 23, 2012
I have a Kindergartner at Triumph Academy and I am thrilled thus far with the experience. Every week the teacher sends home a detailed newsletter stating what they have been working on and things to work on at home. So far the only negative is the lack of a bus system it can be tedious picking up and dropping off as you wait in long lines. Its worth it though because he getting a good education in a school that values safety and academics.

Triumph Academy
3000 Vivian Road, Monroe, MI  48162
Last modified Triumph Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Triumph Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top