Public charter
Monroe, MI

Posted February 19, 2015
great school that can focus on education, respect and character due to the parent, student and teacher involvement that is required there.

Posted February 19, 2015
I was new to the area and wasn't sure where to place my 3 kids. I spoke with a parent that had sent her daughter to Triumph since Kindergarten and she told me what a wonderful school it was. I called and spoke to the office and they walked me through each step to try and get my kids registered. I sent all my paperwork in and two days later received a call that my kids were enrolled. I was excited but nervous for my kids to start a new school. That was the best decision i have ever made for my kids future. I know that my childrens education is in great hands. They are in the middle of their second year at Triumph Academy and they will never go anywhere else. The office is helpful and amazing. The principal is dedicated and very involved. The teachers are down to earth and understanding. I love this school and recommend it to anyone that will listen. If you are new to the area and are looking for a fantastic school to send your kids, look no further. Triumph Academy has it all!

Posted February 03, 2015
Very caring. Great teaching environment. Love this school. So glad my grand daughter attends this school.

Posted March 28, 2014
March is reading month, so we played Candyland in our hallway. When the children reach Candy Castle, they get a special treat. My son was so excited, because his class made it! When he got there, he did receive the promised prize...and HOMEMADE CANDY CASTLE SUCKER! How wonderful...except he has a peanut allergy. As a rule of thumb, I don't let him have anything unless I can read the label...for each ingredient. So, I just told him not to worry about it and that I'd ask the person who made them. I asked, and she said she'd check the labels. The very next morning, she came to me, with a bag of labels from each ingredient, and found that the food coloring she used in the first batch had been made in a facility with peanuts (which my son cannot have). She then proceeded to show me new food coloring and handed me a new sucker...completely safe for my son. I could not believe that she went above and beyond...to be sure my son felt included! I cannot describe how much of a concern it is to keep him safe. Not only is it about the incredible education he is receiving, but it's ALL of his needs being met...one situation at a time! WOW! May God bless Mrs. Niemi! Triumph Rocks!

Posted March 11, 2014
Hourss Year I Made The Difficult Choice To Switch My Daughters From Their Previous SChool To Triumph Academy...Best Choice I've Made All Year! I Love That Triumph Focuses On Morals, Responsibility, Respect, And Of Choose, Academic Excellence! It Is So Refreshing To See That The Teachers Have Control Of The Classroom And The Students Are Focused And Engaged In Their Studies! My Daughters Love The Opportunities That They Have At Triumph, Both During School Hours And After. The School Has A Very Safe And Family Like Atmosphere, Which Helps Me As A Parent Feel Comfortable Leaving My Children In Their Hands! Looking Forward To The Bright Future My Children Will Have!

Posted February 24, 2014
Triumph is an absolute God send. I'm a parent of two and my oldest attended Jefferson district and I have nothing good to say about Jefferson. My youngest has been a Triumph student since Kindergarten and I can say I am pleased. The teachers truly strive at teaching. They each have their classrooms under control. The academics are the highest in our area. They have morale focus too which is a great asset to raising conscientious human beings. The atmosphere is inviting. The administrative staff is always helpful. Every school should be modeled like Triumph. The world would be a better place. Don't believe me? Take a tour. You won't be disappointed.

Triumph Academy 3

Posted August 27, 2013
My children have had Mrs. Gardner, Mrs. Belitz, and Mrs. Langton for kindergarten. Mrs. Gardner goes above and beyond, especially for kindergarten graduation. She was a very experienced teacher with great techniques. Mrs. Belitz tries very hard and does a lot of special things for her students and family but I'm not sure if she was flexible enough to reach students of all learning types. Mrs. Langton was nice but she seemed to do the bare minimum. The class graduation, which should have been a special occasion, was very lacking and disappointing. I also noticed that Mrs. Langton's aide, Mrs. Marks, used her cell phone A LOT during school hours and seemed very short with some of the students. If given the opportunity to do it all over again I would make sure ALL of my children had Mrs. Gardner for kindergarten. She's definitely the best.

Posted March 31, 2013
My 6 year old goes there and I am very pleased with her teachers they are awesome my kid has advanced so much I am so proud of her and it is thanks to the help of her teachers. I am very proud she says the pledge and that they have a moral focus. I love that they allow us acces to there grades and also that it is parent freindly in the classroom.

Posted January 24, 2013
We've been at the school since my son helped with the ground-breaking! No school anywhere is perfect. There have been teachers we have not agreed with; but we were told before the school was built that the average NHA student scored 1.5 times grade level on standardized tests. By the time our son graduated 6th grade, he was scoring high 10th grade in all subjects... EXACTLY 1.5 times grade level! Bar set and cleared! Now that he's in his graduation year, we haven't found a high school that stacks up to NHA standards without raiding his college fund. Greg & Beth

Triumph Academy 4

Posted June 09, 2012
My daughter attended Triumph for 7th and 8th grades. There are positives and negatives for this school. Picking up was bad in her first year and worse in her second. The big problem was their system wasn't enforced and should have been from the first week of school. All students are dismissed at the same time and, except for extra-curricular activities, have to be out of the building ASAP (unless you pay to have the after-school caregivers to watch your child.) People were parking in the pick-up lanes and leaving their vehicles to get their child(ren) instead using the parking spaces, resulting in blocking the people behind them as well as those in the parking spaces. They also did this at the entrances. If there's going to be a procedure for picking up your child, it needs to be enforced or else why bother having one? I love the uniform policy and the focus on education instead of the next social event which regular public schools seem to focus on. Again, the dress code was strictly adhered to in her first year and more relaxed in her second. There are no locks on the lockers so make sure that your child's things are clearly labeled. continued on another post...

Triumph Academy
3000 Vivian Road, Monroe, MI  48162
Last modified Triumph Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Triumph Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top