Nellie B. Chisholm Middle School 1

Posted January 12, 2010

Nellie B. Chisholm Middle School 1

Posted November 09, 2008
I have a child in this school that suffers from ADHD and has to take one of his medications at school. I wrote clear instructions for the school to watch him closely when giving him his meds, but I found them in his pocket. The principal and the superintendent shouldn't be working around or with kids. The 'empty threats' the bus drivers and teachers give these kids are rediculious. There is no follow through and instead of working through a problem with a child they kick them out no matter how many 'witnesses' the child has to say they didn't do it. I had to ask and beg for this school to hold an IEP for my child and as we were signing the papers after 3 years of asking for one we were told that they would do the testing but our child did not meet the standards.

Posted September 03, 2008

Posted July 17, 2008

Nellie B. Chisholm Middle School 0

Posted January 15, 2008
I really like the feeling of NBC. I have had so many positive encounters there. It is an ultra conservative population and a bit sheltered from the real world but it offers a wonderful envoriment for learing and respect. I was surprised to read the reviews. In my experience this is a great place. The teachers are great and only want the kids to succeed in a time when laziness and instant gratification are instilled at a young age.

Posted December 21, 2007

Posted March 04, 2007

Nellie B. Chisholm Middle School 2

Posted June 07, 2005
I am very disappointed with the way that NBC address issues of teachers behaving in inapproiate manners. Assult is Assult. Teachers should not be allowed to threaten students, use intimidation or ridicule students. If teachers do such a thing, they should be repremanded immediatly and severly. They should not be allowed to have bats hidden in their classrooms and slam them on the desks of students and say,'Don't make me use this' and get away with it. The thought of having 3 other children who are of school age in the Montague area worries me. I love the elemenary, but am very concerned with the behavior of the teacher and the way the Board, Principal and Superintendent have handled this situation.

Posted February 27, 2005

Posted October 30, 2004

Nellie B. Chisholm Middle School
4700 Stanton Boulevard, Montague, MI  49437
Last modified Nellie B. Chisholm Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Nellie B. Chisholm Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top