Mount Clemens, MI
Before care: Yes

Clinton Valley Elementary School 2

Posted July 24, 2013
My school is clinton valley elementary and honestly I feel my daughter was held back. the teacher ran out of things for her to do by February of this year and asked the first grade teacher for help keeping her busy. the principal did not deal with the several bullies we encountered and when I requested a meeting with him I was ignored. The teacher was very positive about my child and her learning but I was very disappointed when I was not given a heads up that she was moving on to first grade work. I am trying to transfer to another school in the district or to another district but have still had no word as of yet.

Clinton Valley Elementary School 3

Posted December 04, 2012
Both of my daughters have attended Clinton Valley the only reason we returned this year is because the teachers are great. They are so caring, helpful and most of them go above and beyond. The only downfall is the principal. He is rude, unprofessional and at times inappropriate. I know many parents have left the school because of him and I can see why.

Clinton Valley Elementary School 4

Posted December 01, 2010
I don't know the principal personally so I can't comment on some of these opinions about him. I do know that he provided a lot of positive behavior support of the children at Clinton Valley Elementary and I have seen him at events. (I don't have a child that is in Science Olympiad though). I plan on getting to know him better this year. The teachers at this school are very caring and the students are successful. The MEAP scores for the building and stae rankings are much higher than surrounding districts and many buildings within Chippewa Valley Schools. It sounds like some of the people posting here have had run ins with some people and did not have things go their way. I guess that happens everywhere. I'd like to know what more than 10 people think before I make my mind up.

Posted November 29, 2010
This school is amazing! My student has attended this school since Kindergarten. The staff is wonderful and always willing to help. My child was a struggling learner in the lower grades, but with the tremendous amount of support, is now an all A student. She has developed wonderful academic and social skills. I would recommend this school to anyone looking for a devoted and caring school community! Thank you to all the wonderful teachers!

Posted November 17, 2010
This is a fantastic school with a dedicated group of teachers and staff! It has a small community environment that students flourish in!

Clinton Valley Elementary School 3

Posted September 17, 2010
I don't know the principal really, but have not heard anything positive about him from other parents whom have dealt with him. I felt my last child in this school needed some extra help with reading and spelling as her DRA was low, and I finally had to get pushy with them for help. I told them she was not going to slip through the cracks and she finally got some extra help. I'm already prepared to deal with them this year. Classrooms are packed like sardine cans with students and supplies. Def needs some improvements to make it more up-to-date! Staff is very friendly tho!

Posted September 16, 2010
I would not recommend this school at all. The principal has an i dont care attitude.And the children and parents are suppose to be scared of what him.if your child needs extra attention in his or her work or if they do not catch on they do not give it and feel that your child has a learning disability. The children are wild out of control my daughter hated that school to death.My african american family and we had several racist statements that we have had to deal with and my husband and I was not satistied the resultts at all and that was the last straw so with that being said.

Posted May 27, 2010
The principal has an attitude thats as if he has given up. There is no discipline in the school what so ever. The good kids get run over by the bad ones with no real consequences. I'm so glad that we only have a couple more weeks left. I do not recommend this school to anyone. Parents are chastised by the principal for not enough involvement yet you barely see him at functions such as science olympiad, if he even decides to attend. He does not lead, instead he ignores.

Posted March 27, 2010
The info about Clinton Valley is way off. There are 22-32 kids per classroom. The principal does not know how to discipline the children and the teachers do not seem to care about their students. The PTO is very secretive and does not post where the money is going. The same members have been in for years and they do not care what other parents have to say. The playground is awful, the A/C never works, paint is peeling on the walls and the younger teachers dress like they are going to the bar. All this and it is only my second year here. Really, the school needs a huge overall or needs to be closed down.

Posted November 19, 2008
Love the school and the staff is friendly and willing to work with you.

Clinton Valley Elementary School
1260 Mulberry Street, Mount Clemens, MI  48043
Last modified Clinton Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clinton Valley Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top