Bad
Good

Ms Augenstein is a fantastic kindergarten teacher. My daughter is excited to go to school and is doing great. My only concern is the fact not enough parents in the area are involved in their children's education which does make it hard in the teachers.

I have recently (April 2014) attended parent teacher conferences. Not many parents were seen in the halls. My son is in 1st grade, so his last year here. He is doing well in school, but my 3 stars is based on the state of the school, I felt it could have been cleaner, and his lack of testing. His speech is not where it should be, and I hope his speech teacher can continue with him another year. But she is over worked and needs more help. She's done wonders but needs more time per child. My sons reading is wonderful, but the statement of "we aren't testing him again, because other children need it more" makes me wonder if he is not being challenged enough, not being paid as much attention to, in school, in favor of students that are struggling more. I understand those children need more help, but that should not come at the expense of mine. I also have not heard of any gifted and talented program, which is what we had in our last district. This would let him soar in areas he excels in rather than being held back with the students that might need more attention.

My daughter is 4 an a half years old she attends the head start 2 program the teachers that run those programs are caring. An well patience with the children they care how the students are successful in an out of school. My daughter loves attendingschool mMonday threw Thursday as half days no complates I recommendations to parents that are looking for a preschool for there children as early start learning

Bullying is ignored. District policy is if they didn't witness it, it didn't happen. Lunch and recess staff are not kind to the children. Administration much more concerned with bringing in more students than giving a safe environment.

Pinehurst has been a wonderful school for my daughter. The teachers are very caring.

I completely agree that this school does not allow children to be there own people. I have good kids, who cry every day because they have to go to school here. I can't afford the commute or they would not be going here anymore. We are looking to move out of Mount Morris because of this school, it's teachers, and especially the principle. He is too strict for an elementary principal, rarely smiles and show no interest in the children as individuals.

I am new to Pinehurst as a teacher. The principal, his secretary, and the other teachers are very caring. They really want the students to succeed. There is extra help for the students that are below grade level. I am really enjoying the positive atmosphere there.

Last modified Pinehurst Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-1