Mount Morris, MI

Pinehurst Elementary School 3

Posted April 16, 2014
I have recently (April 2014) attended parent teacher conferences. Not many parents were seen in the halls. My son is in 1st grade, so his last year here. He is doing well in school, but my 3 stars is based on the state of the school, I felt it could have been cleaner, and his lack of testing. His speech is not where it should be, and I hope his speech teacher can continue with him another year. But she is over worked and needs more help. She's done wonders but needs more time per child. My sons reading is wonderful, but the statement of "we aren't testing him again, because other children need it more" makes me wonder if he is not being challenged enough, not being paid as much attention to, in school, in favor of students that are struggling more. I understand those children need more help, but that should not come at the expense of mine. I also have not heard of any gifted and talented program, which is what we had in our last district. This would let him soar in areas he excels in rather than being held back with the students that might need more attention.

Posted January 25, 2014
My daughter is 4 an a half years old she attends the head start 2 program the teachers that run those programs are caring. An well patience with the children they care how the students are successful in an out of school. My daughter loves attendingschool mMonday threw Thursday as half days no complates I recommendations to parents that are looking for a preschool for there children as early start learning

Pinehurst Elementary School 1

Posted April 09, 2010
Bullying is ignored. District policy is if they didn't witness it, it didn't happen. Lunch and recess staff are not kind to the children. Administration much more concerned with bringing in more students than giving a safe environment.

Posted August 26, 2009
Pinehurst has been a wonderful school for my daughter. The teachers are very caring.

Pinehurst Elementary School 1

Posted January 12, 2009
I completely agree that this school does not allow children to be there own people. I have good kids, who cry every day because they have to go to school here. I can't afford the commute or they would not be going here anymore. We are looking to move out of Mount Morris because of this school, it's teachers, and especially the principle. He is too strict for an elementary principal, rarely smiles and show no interest in the children as individuals.

Pinehurst Elementary School 5

Posted October 21, 2008
I am new to Pinehurst as a teacher. The principal, his secretary, and the other teachers are very caring. They really want the students to succeed. There is extra help for the students that are below grade level. I am really enjoying the positive atmosphere there.

Pinehurst Elementary School 2

Posted December 12, 2005
I am very disappointed in this school, they do not encouge children to be individuals! It seems to me they want them to be just like each other, no character, no punctuality, no self estem! I am soon to withdraw my children from this school if they do not realize every child is his/her own person!One good note, they do have a great computer program for the children!

Posted August 08, 2003
I am really happy with Pinehursts computer program it helps the children work at their own level, so that they are not bored or to far behind.

Pinehurst Elementary School
1013 Pinehurst Boulevard, Mount Morris, MI  48458
Last modified Pinehurst Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-1
Pinehurst Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top