Posted April 16, 2014
This is a new school for my family. I have recently been through on parent teacher conferences and the staff seemed very friendly and involved. What saddens me is the lack of updates to the facility and the lack of books for take home study. The school itself is clean, but seemed old and dated in some areas, and cold and old in others. It lacked that warmth we were used to in our last school district. From conferences (April 2014) the teachers seemed a little over burdened and like they need a bit of help and more funding. I did see a number of parents that night, but not as many as you would think. Conference hours were not the best for parents that work full time. I hope for the best, and push my children to do well at home with study time. We have years ahead of us in this district.

Posted October 30, 2009
Small community values, great teachers, wonderful place to have raised my children.

Posted September 30, 2009
They take care of the kids that go there and keep up the school facility

Posted September 21, 2008
I am a graduate of E.A.J. While there, I feel that the staff and community was supportive of the school and students. It was a great place to learn. Since leaving E.A.J., I have attended college. E.A.J.'s staff prepared me quite well for the challenges of college. ACT prep. was adequate and I understand that it contiues to improve as graduation requirements have changed.

Posted February 23, 2008
Horrible school.Overcrowded. Not even planning for the ACT in Classes. Half of the kids are from out of district, and the staff just doesnt care. I dont recommend this school for anyone.

E.A. Johnson Memorial H.S. 1

Posted February 18, 2008

E.A. Johnson Memorial H.S. 5

Posted January 22, 2008
This is a great school with wonderful caring faculty and staff!

E.A. Johnson Memorial H.S. 2

Posted September 13, 2007
I graduated from Mt. Morris and spent my entire K-12 years there. During my years there I absolutely loved it, teachers and principles were great we good football, baseball, basketball programs back then. I have since had 2 children graduate from there and there has been a big decline in athletic participation and coaching has taken a decline. If I were to do it all again my children would have been sent to different school district or private.

Posted July 30, 2007
I am the mother of four and three have sucessfully graduated from MtMorris the fourth is a senior this year and is on target to graduate. I think that they do help the students, Their classes are are targeted to help kids get where they want to be in their future. I feel some of their coaches have a little to be desired they favor players whose parents they are close to. Some students do not get a fair shake in sports.

Posted June 18, 2006
- a former student
I attended EAJ for all four years. The teachers know their subjects and most seem to love teaching that is probably why they are a lot of older teachers that will not retire. Unfortunately, the last year or so of my schooling students from other districts started to come in and did not take the educational process seriously. By this I mean they were loud and disruptive in class, and did not respect the faculty, and the administrators failed to take appropriate actions. Fortunately, the extracurricular activities make Mt.Morris a worthwhile school to attend. When I attended the football, volleyball, and boys basketball teams were great. Unfortunately, there is no longer a hockey team, but there are many other sports teams available that are decent. There are other activities to choose from if sports isn't an interest, such as band, art, and National Honor Society activities.

E.A. Johnson Memorial H.S.
8041 Neff Road, Mount Morris, MI  48458
Last modified E.A. Johnson Memorial H.S. is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
E.A. Johnson Memorial H.S. Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top