Public charter
New Haven, MI

Posted April 28, 2014
Three of my children have attended Merritt and I have been extremely happy. We have been at the school for ten years, we have a Senior, a fourth grader and a sixth grader. I cannot say enough about all the teachers at Merritt they all go above and beyond. My sixth grader is advanced and my fourth grader struggles at times but Merritt has programs for both and because of the programs my advanced student continues to advance and my struggling student is now above grade level. My sixth grader is one of the children that scored extremely high on her meap and I can guarantee it's because of the advanced program merritt offers! Merritt is a wonderful school!

Posted April 22, 2014
Since I do not want my children growing up in a nonunion environment, we chose to send our children to a very close school where we know their teachers will be paid appropriate wages and treated fairly. My husband and I also found it quite fishy that the test scores sky rocketed all of a sudden when the rest of the state did not. We aren't stupid and know something was going on behind closed doors during those tests. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.

Posted November 15, 2013
Merritt Academy has shown terrible reasons for a student to get in trouble the teachers are very rude to the students and i agree about the rude part the part about unqualified i wouldn't say is true i'm hoping My child will be getting pulled out ASAP

Posted July 14, 2013
Merritt is the best! Both of our boys attend Merritt and we absolutely love it! The Teachers are VERY qualified and very attentive to each individual child. Yes they push them but isn't that what they are supposed to do? There are no "clicks", some parents just choose to be more involved than others. We like the fact that the classrooms aren't packed with 30 plus kids and the Teachers and Administration know and acknowledge each of them every day. It is a smaller school compared to some of the bigger districts around them but you would never know that when you look at their test scores! Teachers and Admin make sure that your child gets the help they need to succeed as we have experienced with our older child. We love Merritt and are VERY proud to send our children there!

Posted May 16, 2013
merritt academy. Teachers are unqualified and rude. Children are not treated fairly. My son is not learning anything new. Teachers are rough with the kids which is why we left.

Posted August 22, 2012
My son has been at Merritt since preschool and is going in to 1st grade. The education he is receiving is head and shoulders above his peers in public schools. My sister (who also has a 1st grader) has pulled her child from a very good school district to put him in another Romine School, because she sees how much further along my son is. Finally, what really sets Merritt apart is the kids. They are respectful, kind and truly wonderful to be around. I can't tell you the number of times I've heard 'please' and 'thank yous', or had doors held for me by Merritt students. The older children watch over the younger ones and reinforce the good values I want my son to have.

Posted June 14, 2012
If you do not get into a click your child will not be treated fairly. Academically this school is behind.

Posted August 18, 2011
I moved to Merritt Academy from the Richmond community schools, and I don't think I would want to change schools again. Merritt is a great school, and it gives a variety of sports and electives for the students to choose. The class sizes are smaller than most other schools, but the teachers are able to teach at levels the students need to be taught at.

Posted July 13, 2011
So smaller class sizes, yep union fought for that. Sports, art, Spanish, music, band, DARE, MADD. Oh and great teachers and principles that keep in contact with parents that want to keep contact. All available at the public school.

Posted April 19, 2011
Merritt Acadmey is now on their 2nd graduation class. They are through 12th grade. Although it is smaller than the average school. The staff ant teachers are in their field because they love to teach. They are wonderful with the students. They are experiencing some growing pains, however that is to be expected. Most of the lacking is due to budget money, and that is that way all over the place. At least a Merritt you child isn't a number. Merritt created a family like atmosphere. They are very involved with the families, and communication is the best I've seen.

Merritt Academy
59900 Havenridge Rd, New Haven, MI  48048
Last modified Merritt Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Merritt Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top