Posted June 29, 2014
We could not be happier at Amerman, this year. There is a new attitude in the school. The new principal, Mrs. Madja, is refreshing, very kind and really knows her stuff. It is a place where kids come first.

Posted January 19, 2014
I have had the best experience with everyone in this school. I wonder if the last post is some kind of error as the new principal is a woman and she gets back to parents immediately! Love the staff and school and especially the new principal.

Posted December 29, 2013
I am a parent of three that have went here for 15 years. Girls at Amerman are treated very well and decent. But when it comes to my son the Teachers and Staff really hit him hard. When he was in fifth grade he got down with the flu and *barfed in the trash and he had a very very high temp. My son went down to the office and complained about him barfing. Well the Teacher reported it and the fifth grade teachers are decent there. After he told the ladies they said and in quotes that "I will believe it when I see it" . So the janitor went down and checked and told the ladies at the front desk he actually barfed. The front desk people laughed in doubt and called me and I could clearly over hear them laughing. They told he barfed but he made an excuse. I said why? They hanged up. Later that day he was coming home and barfed on the bus. Everybody laughed at him. He came home and was really sad and I felt bad for him so I called the principle 7 times at different times and he wouldn't answer. That morning I left my son at home and talked to the principle. All he said was "Oh okay I will tell the staff". 5 weeks later he got the same flu and it all happened again.We are not going there.

Posted December 29, 2013
Terrible Staff. My son and daughter complain about them everyday. How unfair and mean they are.

Posted July 25, 2013
It is true that teachers make the school. We had amazing kindergarten year and horrible first grade. I have tried to correct the teacher situation but instead was made to be a bad parent. We will not be returning to a place were they let a teacher to be a bully. Principle is retiring so maybe new one will listen to parents concerns.

Posted April 12, 2013
Amerman Elementary school matched my speed in early learning. I went to this school beginning in the 3rd grade when I was accepted to the ALPS program. The interesting, compassionate, and VERY active teachers helped me regain interest in a school system that was not matching my rate of learning. There is no better place to send a child, even outside of the advanced learning programs. Furthermore, the no put down zone in Amerman made me feel safe and secure when I went there (and I was not cool at all.) There was a small amount of bullying, but nothing substantial. These were my best school years by far.

Posted June 11, 2012
In the past, I have put my kids in private schools all over the US, and thought it was the best education I could provide for my them. Amerman has surpassed everything I have seen. It is just an amazing dynamic: from classes, activities, teachers, Dr Anderson and his amazing team. My children love going to school and I don't blame them. I wish I was a kid again.

Posted August 23, 2011
I used to go there for the Alps program after attending Winchester from K-3rd grade. I was amazed and excited for all the clubs and extra-curricular activities there were. I loved the ALPS program and learned far more than I have any other year in school.

Posted April 17, 2010
great extracurricular activities. great teachers. dr. anderson is such and underrated principal.

Posted January 22, 2009
I have two children at this school. I find EVERYONE from the teachers, office staff and principal to be kind and helpful. We have not had bully problems but my kids are younger so I can't speak for the older grades. I know of only one child who was a bit of trouble on the playground and I know that the principal did get involved to correct the situation. As far as I know there have not been any more problems with the child in question since the principal has gotten involved.

Amerman Elementary School
847 North Center Street, Northville, MI  48167
Last modified Amerman Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Amerman Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top