Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

This school had no leadership in 2015-2016 school year. I cannot speak for other years. I met with the new principal at the end of 2016 and really liked him. I think there is hope with the new change. This review is for the school year of 2015 - 2016. The first grade teacher was so demoralizing. She stood in front of her class the first week of April and said "This class has learnt nothing so far" ". My kid comes home and asks me why he hasnt learnt anything. And whose fault is it if the kids havent learnt anything? Does this teacher think she is motivating/encouraging the kids? Every teacher is different and hence each parent's experience will be varied. I still label the school and the rating low because its the school leader's responsibility to ensure that all the kids in the school get the same level of education and environment. There needs to be standards (not for the tests only) but for teachers. The first grade teacher was an extreme bully to the kid and parents. I as a parent did not like to see her in the corridor or anywhere in case she started her rant. I never heard her say one positive thing about the child through out the year. Not one. Feedback should include positive and negative. This is coming from a parent whose son never got into trouble, is introverted, got straight A's and score "High average" through out the year. Recess: Its not a playground, its a bullyground. There is really no discipline or monitoring of any valuable kind. Lunch Room: Its not a lunchroom, its a bullyroom. The folks who are supposed to keep an eye on the kids at the lunchroom do absolutely nothing. I feel for them because they are outnumbered, but its a loud room, with tons of kids and chaos. Such is the environment. If your kids is buying lunch, you can cut his already short lunch time in half. The lines are that LONG. Class Parent Volunteers: If you are a parent who can volunteer, you get brownie points with the teacher & hence your child maybe subject to a slightly better attention. Good luck to parents who cannot! Your kid will be excluded from activities, oh and dont expect your child's picture in any class activity pics. Yearbook: My kids name was grossly misspelled. Proof read anyone? Needless to say we pulled him out of the school. I would never subject my child to this school ever again. Overall it was sad and shocking state of affairs.

We love Amerman. All of the teachers our children have ever had have been caring and great. We are really going to miss our principal, Mrs. Madeja. She is the best and we wish her a very happy retirement. Our school is a better place because of her. She always put kids first!

We moved from another district and couldn't be more pleased with the principal, Mrs. Madeja, and all of the staff at Amerman. You walk into the school and you can feel the caring and commitment. The principal welcomed us and took us on a tour and all of the teachers and staff has been so kind. We are so happy to be at this great school!

I am so amazed by all of the changes in Amerman over the past few years. I am also glad that our principal, Mrs. Madeja, who was so sick, last year is better and greeting our children every day. Our school is a bright happy place and I love the update and the learning.

Amount of homework: Agree

Everything I have ever read about homework says it doesn't work in elementary. We need family time. I'm glad the teachers understand that.

Develops character: Strongly agree

We are so happy Amerman is a Leader in Me school. We love the song Amerman is Awesome.

It's Good school but not Great, few years back it's rated as best (with rating 10), now it's coming down. I feel the students needs to be challenged more and they may need to use the Technology more. Hope they listen and bring back the old tradition and good value to community.

Principal not involved with students - most students don't even know who she is. She stays in her office most of the time. Don't ever see her helping with arrival or dismissal of students. Our experience with the teachers is great - very caring, professional and knowledgeable.

Amount of homework: Disagree

NEVER any homework - ever and if they miss questions on a test - they always can redo the missed questions for full credit - seriously??? Make kids accountable for their performance. They will be accountable in Middle school. Joke!

I have had the best experience with everyone in this school. I wonder if the last post is some kind of error as the new principal is a woman and she gets back to parents immediately! Love the staff and school and especially the new principal.

Last modified Amerman Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.