Bad
Good

My kids have been attending to Silver Springs for four years now. When we first move into the area, we were renting and since we were so happy and satisfied with the school we decided to buy a home in the same area so my kids could stay in Silver Springs. The former principal lovely Mrs. Hunt was simply amazing! Unfortunately she had to move so we got a new principal. So far I cannot say anything about her since I haven't had the opportunity to actually interact with her though I spend several hours per week volunteering in the school. Anyway I am extremely happy with my daughter's kindergarten teacher, she is just great and my son's teacher is just what he needs. Overall Silver Springs is an excellent school, with competent and friendly staff and a great environment to raise leaders.

When we moved here, three years ago, I had no idea what we were doing. Our oldest of three was only 4 years old. When it came time to send her to Silver Springs, I was very nervous, at this point in time, it was the second year of the new principal. My daughter had an extremely difficult time transitioning to dropping off and full day kindergarten. My experience with the staff at Silver Springs was phenomenal. I kept telling my husband I can't believe all the individual attention I am recieveing in public school! They worked with us on a daily basis to ensure a safe, and healthy drop off for my daughter. When problems came up, (which is going to happen anywhere by the way)-they had an unusually large kindergarten influx of kids, I called and other parents called and immedialtey action was taken, immedialtey. They hired extra help within weeks. I know how hard it is looking for schools in a new area, and I can tell you I am very picky, and this school we will miss tremendously when we move. What makes a school GREAT is the staff and teachers and this school is FANTASTIC in that area, I really feel sad we will have to leave it, and if we move back I would come back to this school!

This school has provided a wonderful atmosphere for my children. The Principal is warm and friendly and very positive. The students and parents are treated with respect. The Leader in Me program has had an immediate positive impact on my children. My children are new to this school and love it. They come home happy,unlike their previous school where problems were never addressed. They feel safe and have fun learning. We have heard so many rave review from so many parents which is one of the main reasons why we chose Silver Springs. Great parent involvement. This has been such a refreshing change for us seeing our children be so happy at school. As a parent I couldn't be happier this far into the year with the leadership, teachers and character building . What a great friendly atmosphere to learn!

Yes , this Principle had driven the fun educational Atmosphere for the kids out of the window . She is Not you usual friendly greeting principle . Her new Pick up Parking system is very dysfunctional .

I am very disgusted with the new principal who came in with a bunch of new rules that make absolutely no sense. My child was left unattended and when the issue was addressed she was very passive.

Teachers, Staff, Principal and Parents in this school have combined to create a highly effective team. In addition to a solid academic core, students are taught character values and it shows. There are many great programs for the students to help others. The teachers do a great job of motivating students. The school principal is highly effective leader. Many parents pitch in to help with extra events, motor, math parents, fund raising, etc... The PTA is strong. I could not wish for a better school for my children.

very diversified, children and parents friendly with magnificent teachers and staff, I enjoy volunteering there as much as possible, and my son loves going to school

Silver Springs is a great school! The pricipal, Scott Snyder is very responsive, and the teachers are constantly ranked high in the district. The Kid's Club program is helpful for working parents. Also, my daughter likes all of the activities that stimulate learning.

I think Silver Springs is a wonderful school. I have two children that are in second grade and kindergarten. The teachers that I have dealt with have been very caring and easy to communicate my concerns to. There is a very diverse student population, which is nice to have in this community! The PTA is awesome and offers many extracurricular activities!

They have recently added a new multi-purpose room but other wise the school is very old.

Last modified Silver Springs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.