Bad
Good

Winchester is a wonderful school. I am not surprised by some reviewers who complain about superficial problems such as clicky moms and lack of iPads. These things do not make/break how a school performs. Northville school district out performs many surrounding districts year after year in test scores and this foundation begins at an elementary level. I have three children, two in elementary in 4th and 2nd grade and a preschooler in the early childhood program. I hear complaints about surface issues...other parents, poor paint jobs, asking for too much money, etc. I have been astounded and proud to send my children here every year. My sons are challenged with work I find incredibly hard for their grade level. The staff is superb year after year. The support staff is amazing as well. In any situation. You get what you give. Their job is to educate and grow our children. They do that incredibly well and with passion. So yes, some peeling paint can take a backseat. I could not care less.

Warm, caring environment. Teachers, students, staff and leadership seek to provide an outstanding education for kids! Strong communication is valued.

This school really sucks. The major issue I had with them was that the teacher do not make the requirement clear, there is no daily/weekly homework for math, and graded tests are not returned until the end of the year. Parents have no clue what is taught in the school, what is required and what will tested. Daily homework assignment and syllabus will help the parents to know what is taught in school and what will tested on which date. I am so shock that the teacher do not provide any of these necessary items that are important for the students and parents to keep up the school work. This school really sucks! I hope the next year teacher is a little better...

Shocked to see some of these reviews. Looks like some sour grapes. Sure we could use new computers. Most schools can. We are newer to the district and school. Head and shoulders better than the community we came from. Proud to be a Winchester Dragon. For all the naysayers, you should try helping instead of complaining. Set a good example for your kids. Be a part of the solution and not the problems.

Good school, we moved here last year and even though it is an old school and can use major renovation as far as facilities, it has great teachers who are invested in giving kids the best education

Snobby/ controlling attitude of parents dictates too much. Seems to be more drama amongst parents that they take out on the kids. Judging & lack of communication is very apparent. New to this district, have an outsider perspective & see things with a fresh set of eyes. Principal is very much lacking certain skills that are needed for all. Great need for every student to fit inside a perfect little box. When you look at the test scores I feel that it has gone downhill & something needs to be done about it. Better technology better communication & a better structured education plan for all would help the kids. Parents not getting so involved and letting teachers & staff do their job. Let children fail let children work out the issues amongst themselves. Have empathy & understanding for the children that may not be in the perfect box. When these things happen as an entire unit then will communication & test scores go up. Parents just be a little nicer to one another. Have some empathy for the different and new kids. Some sort of connection between everyone is missing. Teachers are fine but with the money in the school technology should be better.

Wow, I was shocked to read some of the reviews of Winchester that were so negative. We have had such a positive experience here. I have a third grader and every time I think we can't get a better teacher the next year, we do! The teachers genuinely care about the kids and nurturing them as responsible citizens. In terms of parental involvement, we have to have a lottery for who gets to go on field trips and there are too many people that want to help for parties! Also, this is the current principal's last year even though I always liked her, I did hear of people who said she had a tough time dealing with boys.

The school teaches find. Yes the principle is short about things because she doesn't entertain parent drama. Business is Business the staff do a fine job. The technology in the school is fine for a k-5. Help teach my kids to read, write, do math..etc..it's k-5 relax and understand your kids are in good hands. Just don't bring baby mama drama to the school and you will have a good experience.

Couldn't agree more with the posts THIS SCHOOL YEAR! EXTREMELY disappointed as well! The school itself lacks technology (outdated: some surrounding districts using ipads), major improvements/updates needed (ceiling tiles have mold stains, rooms overcrowded and dark). The principal is not approachable (lack of communication skills or arrogance?) Finally, fed up with the materialistic/snobby/"clicky" moms and their children. There seems to be no attempt by the administration to address these issues to improve the overall atmosphere at this school. There also seems to be no plan by the school board to use our tax revenue to improve these items either. We are shopping around for schools for next year.

The principal Pat Messing is a terrible. She lacks communication skills with the kids & has zero ability communicating with parents. This school has 1 male teacher & has no idea how to handle young men. I grew up in Northville & attended this school when I was a child. Go elsewhere!

Last modified Winchester Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.