Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

The principal is perfect for the school, the teachers really invest in the kids & many parents I know love the school!

No school is perfect, but this school is excellent for kids to thrive, grow & learn in! They make the 7 habits a way of life since the first day kids are there. Dr. Bryan does a wonderful job as principal. I love when I help out there that the kids love to see their former teachers, who really do care about the kids. One family I know moved but made sure they stayed within the Moraine district because their 2 kids have never said in 5 years at Moraine that they never wanted to go to school, rather, they love going there!

I'm sorry to hear that other parents have had a bad experience with this school. I have been through the bullying with a different school and I know how heartbreaking that can be. This is our second year at Moraine and I couldn't be happier! My children are thriving and full of joy with their experience. We have a child who struggles academically and Moraine swooped in and detected these struggles right off the bat and intervened beyond what I could have asked for. The communication with teachers is exactly what I ask for. I wouldn't expect constant communication unless I was the one initiating it, which I do and I received prompt attention. I think the principle is amazing! She is involved, organized and a force to be reckoned with. This is a Stephen Covey, Leader in Me school! I've read the book 7 Habits of highly effective people and I always try to teach my children about those habbits. This school, that is all part of their curriculum! I find that so incredible because those are life skills we should all be enforcing! I'm sure there will be hurdles as there are anywhere. However we moved to Northville for the schools and we don't regret our choice one bit.

I wish I could say something great about this school and the staff but sadly I can't which is very hard for me. We chose this school from word of mouth and have had only heartache for my child. Bullying and lack of communication by the staff. This is completely unacceptable!!! For two years I have had issues with my child being bullied and hurt. There is no reason for this!! I have had numerous conversations with the principle and teachers about this and am often left to feel like I'm doing something wrong. Northville is.. Well - come here and make your own opinion.

My daughter was enrolled at Moraine for a few years. She tested in the 80th percentile on her IOWA. I pulled her and put her in a private school. After only 3 months she was tested on the IOWA again, and her scores shot up to the 96th percentile. Clear evidence that Moraine was indeed the problem. Since leaving we have met many other families who left for the same reasons we did-bullying by students, teachers and administrators. Northville keeps scores high by getting rid of students they deem undesirable for one reason or another. I am okay with that, since I deem them as the undesirable ones. Several other parents have also told me that they get the impression they are putting out staff when they have questions or suggestions. It is a them and us mentality, and all about the adults, not the kids.

We have been very pleased with our children's education at Moraine. We moved here specifically after visiting all of the other Northville schools. It appears that our new principal will fit nicely with the culture.

We moved to Northville so that our kids could go to school here. Moraine has exceeded my expectations. The test scores are excellent, and the staff are very attentive to each student. The teachers are top notch and caring towards the children. I would recommend Moraine to any one.

Moraine is an exceptional school. The academic programs accel as shown by the outstanding test scores. The only disappointment I have is that they don't stress the importance of spelling, but all other classes are top notch. I love the fact that they have a variety of weekly 'specials': art, music, physical fitness and Spanish. There is a high level of parental involvement. We are very happy here.

Last modified Moraine Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.