Posted September 18, 2013
I'm sorry to hear that other parents have had a bad experience with this school. I have been through the bullying with a different school and I know how heartbreaking that can be. This is our second year at Moraine and I couldn't be happier! My children are thriving and full of joy with their experience. We have a child who struggles academically and Moraine swooped in and detected these struggles right off the bat and intervened beyond what I could have asked for. The communication with teachers is exactly what I ask for. I wouldn't expect constant communication unless I was the one initiating it, which I do and I received prompt attention. I think the principle is amazing! She is involved, organized and a force to be reckoned with. This is a Stephen Covey, Leader in Me school! I've read the book 7 Habits of highly effective people and I always try to teach my children about those habbits. This school, that is all part of their curriculum! I find that so incredible because those are life skills we should all be enforcing! I'm sure there will be hurdles as there are anywhere. However we moved to Northville for the schools and we don't regret our choice one bit.

Moraine Elementary School 1

Posted March 27, 2013
I wish I could say something great about this school and the staff but sadly I can't which is very hard for me. We chose this school from word of mouth and have had only heartache for my child. Bullying and lack of communication by the staff. This is completely unacceptable!!! For two years I have had issues with my child being bullied and hurt. There is no reason for this!! I have had numerous conversations with the principle and teachers about this and am often left to feel like I'm doing something wrong. Northville is.. Well - come here and make your own opinion.

Moraine Elementary School 2

Posted October 22, 2010
My daughter was enrolled at Moraine for a few years. She tested in the 80th percentile on her IOWA. I pulled her and put her in a private school. After only 3 months she was tested on the IOWA again, and her scores shot up to the 96th percentile. Clear evidence that Moraine was indeed the problem. Since leaving we have met many other families who left for the same reasons we did-bullying by students, teachers and administrators. Northville keeps scores high by getting rid of students they deem undesirable for one reason or another. I am okay with that, since I deem them as the undesirable ones. Several other parents have also told me that they get the impression they are putting out staff when they have questions or suggestions. It is a them and us mentality, and all about the adults, not the kids.

Posted February 07, 2008
We have been very pleased with our children's education at Moraine. We moved here specifically after visiting all of the other Northville schools. It appears that our new principal will fit nicely with the culture.

Posted February 01, 2008

Posted February 01, 2008
We moved to Northville so that our kids could go to school here. Moraine has exceeded my expectations. The test scores are excellent, and the staff are very attentive to each student. The teachers are top notch and caring towards the children. I would recommend Moraine to any one.

Posted May 04, 2007
Moraine is an exceptional school. The academic programs accel as shown by the outstanding test scores. The only disappointment I have is that they don't stress the importance of spelling, but all other classes are top notch. I love the fact that they have a variety of weekly 'specials': art, music, physical fitness and Spanish. There is a high level of parental involvement. We are very happy here.

Moraine Elementary School 3

Posted May 17, 2006
Morain teachers are top notch. The district only hires the very best. Extracurricular activities abound. Parent involvement is as high as it can be. Unfortunately parent involvement is limited to what the teachers and administrators request. Anything else is heavily frowned upon. Parent input concerning curiculum or school policies will be met with pre-recorded responses and actual accountability on the part of the administration is almost non-existent. They teach to the tests and cheer themselves on for more. Appearances are paramount. Students excel due to an excellent teaching staff and parents who care. They could really accomplish great things with a more supportive, less punitive, and caring administration.

Posted January 28, 2006
I am extremely pleased with the education my children are receiving at this school. The quality of the academic programs is superb. Music, art, gym, and multiple extracurricular activities are the norm and my kids love going to school every day. The test scores of the kids attending this school are top notch and we moved here specifically for my children to attend in this school district.

Moraine Elementary School 4

Posted June 15, 2005
We love Moraine. The principal is wonderful, and the parents are very involved, making it a friendly and homey atmosphere. I hope they don't increase the size given current overcrowding in Northville. The only drawback is the lack of diversity, but that is due to the location in Northville. It may be changing.

Moraine Elementary School
46811 8 Mile Road, Northville, MI  48167
Last modified Moraine Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Moraine Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top