Northville, MI

Posted August 06, 2014
This school is one of the biggest in the area, with 450 kids K-8. The academics are rigorous, but it is to ensure success in high school and beyond. Parents are very involved here. Teachers, myself included, love our job and the faith-based community. We do everything we can to help our students and stay connected daily with our parents. Our principal has been here for three years and has made many improvements to the school's policies and curriculum. Father Denis is an integral part of the school and does everything he can to help the students learn and live out their faith. There is now a dean of students who has really helped with the minimal disciplinary issues. I wouldn't want to work (or send my children) anywhere else.

Posted February 25, 2014
Poor leadership. Lack of discipline and do not do anything about bullying or mean aggressive behavior even after parent meetings. Have heard that Principal does not address parent concerns. Their academics are not superior to the surrounding schools. Other schools offer a lot more activities and enrichment. Unless you just want to pay for the religion and the prestigious look of uniforms I would not waste my money. Very disappointing for a private school. I feel other schools offer a stronger leadership and mentoring program than OLV as well as challenging academics.

Posted September 04, 2013
If it turns out your child needs extra help this school and principal is not for you. They only have a part time resource room teacher and make no secret about the fact kids need to function without help. This school only wants the really smart easy kids, so if you were hoping for the caring, we wont let your kid fail environment, keep looking.

Posted February 19, 2013
I have been at Our Lady of Victory since kindergarten and love it here. It has become like a second home to many of us. The staff and teachers are truly one of a kind and have taught me many life lessons, inside and outside of the classroom. All of the stdents here are very warm and welcoming to our new peers. OLV has great athletic, as well as academic programs. A recent change of administration has really made all of us students happier, as our new principal is a terrific leader. OLV scores well above the national average on standardized tests, such as the IOWA. Our Lady of Victory is really preparing me for high school, as well as the world outside of the classroom. I will really miss it when I graduate in May.

Posted February 11, 2013
My child has attended Our Lady of Victory for two years so I cannot speak to the former principal but the current one is fantastic. Love this school! The academics are far above the local public schools, the Catholic education is fantastic and the friends we have made are invaluable. It is a great school.

Posted January 22, 2012
New principal this year 11/12. She had such a warm charismatic personality that everybody is really attracted to. New positive changes, with a warm loving atmosphere. Teachers have a wonderful rapoire with the students, academic is challenging, school offers so much from spirit day, to tons of sports, cookie day, trash free Tuesday and tons more. Wouldn't have my 3 children go anywhere else.

Our Lady of Victory School 2

Posted July 29, 2011
Since the change in administration several years back, OLV has lost its charm and total feeling of what a catholic school should be. Worried about saving money, they are cutting back on quality staff. The principal is poor at best, and the school is now losing students because of this. What a wonderful place this used to be. My child now attends a public school. I can only hope one day this school will return to what it used to be. How sad for the children who still attend. The parents on the other hand are wonderful and supportive and continue to be involved.

Our Lady of Victory School 2

Posted June 15, 2011
This school has the potential to be wonderful if they would get rid of the horrible administration. Great teachers, great students, great parents...horrible principal.

Posted September 28, 2010
Ask for details on their IOWA test scores. The results were terrible. School leadership will dodge any questions about the subject like a politician caught red-handed!

Posted August 23, 2007
As a parent I want to send my children to a school that will challenge them educationally and provide the discipline they will need to succeed in life. OLV answers the challenge. The new school is exceptions and the teachers are challenging.

Our Lady of Victory School
132 Orchard Drive, Northville, MI  48167
Last modified Our Lady of Victory School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Our Lady of Victory School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top