No rating

St Pauls Lutheran School

Private | PK-8 | 5 students

Living in Northville

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $130,100. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $940.

Posted April 22, 2013

St. Paul's used to be a good school but it seems in the last two years there has been a lowering of effort and standards. The school is experiencing finanical difficulties, and needs students to fill the classrooms. There seems to be a clear lack of leadership, and while the Board of the school seems to be supportive, they seem out of touch with the day to day operational difficulties parents and students are experiencing. St. Paul's has the potential to be a good school but the teachers need professonal development. Some of the teachers refuse to email as a form of communication which is odd in this day and age.

Posted August 7, 2012

Small, family atmosphere. Caring teachers. I can not say enough good things about this school.

Posted May 13, 2010

All three of my children have attended St. Paul's, with now my youngest in 7th grade. Each child began in kindergarten and continued through all grades. The sense of family, unity, morality and values are absolutely palpable. St. Paul's is truly a family and offers an outstanding support network as my children have developed. The atmosphere alone would keep us there, but this is also coupled with first rate academics. My two older children, now a Junior and Sophomore in High School both have sustained honor roll status each and every semester. St. Paul's provided them with outstanding preparation and the confidence to succeed. We give St. Paul's our highest recommendation for academics, Christian values and educational atmosphere.

Posted May 13, 2010

We have experienced the public school life with our older children and decided on a different route for our younger children. Both of our sons have been at St Paul's since they were 3 year old pre schoolers. They amaze us daily with their knowledge of the Lord, their compassion for others and their academic achievement. Over the next two years both of our boys will graduate from St Paul's and move on to high school. Their education at St Paul's has contributed enormously to the young men they are growing into.

Posted May 13, 2010

My son will be a fifth grader in the fall at St. Paul this will be our fifth year attending St. Paul i cant say enough about about the teachers and and all our families here at St.paul christian teaching is the way to go

Posted May 12, 2010

Our daughter came to St. Paul's at the beginning of 2nd grade. She attended a small K/1 program near my place of work, and it was time for her to transition to the public schools in Northville. Not being Lutheran, we checked out St. Paul's on a whim. Mr. Hall was so welcoming, and I knew in the first few minutes, St. Paul's was the school for her. It's been 2 years, and I don't regret the decision to send her there. She, like all the students, thrives in the small classes and the leadership opportunities offered to all students. I look at the older students and they seem self confident and assured. If my daughter leaves St. Paul's as I see those students - confident, knowledgeable, socially aware, and generally caring of those around them - it's the most any parent could hope.

Posted May 11, 2010

My daughter started at St. Pauls School this year. I have been so impressed with the quality of the education, the personable and loving staff and the Christian teaching. My daughter loves being in school and enjoys attending extra curricular functions; movie night for example. I was unsure about her not going to Northville Public Schools. Now there is not doubt in our minds that we made the right choice. I have never been more pleased.

Posted May 9, 2010

We took our children out of their school mid year. We were not sure if we were doing the right thing. First week was hard, after 1 month, our children adapted, we quickly learned how much ahead St Pauls was than the school we just left. The teachers quickly got our children up to speed, they are doing great. Mr Hall, the principle, is awesome, very compassionate, concerned about each students needs. Our children are doing so well, we made the best choice in our childrens life ever! I love the small classroom sizes, one on one attention and focus on Jesus Christ. Our kids are learning more about science, math and social studies than I could ever imagine.

Posted May 7, 2010

Caring, excellent, wonderful teachers and staff. My daughter attends and she loves it and I love the fact that the class sizes are managable and my daughter gets the attention she needs. There are events and activities going on all the time. The students get awards for merit even when up against public schools. This environment is awesome! This is her 3rd year at St. Paul's in Northville, and I plan to have her here through 8th grade, Lord willing! Jeff Buck

Posted September 9, 2008

Great to see this school incorporate external programs that emphasize math, science, and technology education. FIRST Lego League and A World In Motion programs also provide students with team building and problems solving skills in a project setting that many of us did not get until high school.

Posted September 3, 2004

This is a great and friendly school. The teachers are personable and you can tell the students show respect.

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

African-American 7% 19%
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 7% 3%
Multiracial 0% 2%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Mr. Jake Espinosa
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Lutheran church - missouri synod
Fax number
  • (248) 349-7493

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

201 Elm Street