Novi Woods Elementary School 3

Posted September 02, 2014
Stiff atmosphere. Not the same school/parent-involvement that there used to be. It is run more like a prison. I believe the background checks are required by state, and I understand the need to check in visitors, but parents are not allowed to enter the school past the front office for any reason now. The principal said it got to be too much of a distraction for teachers, so no more observations by parents of their children in their classroom setting or no more quick kisses to your kindergartner when you drop off a forgotten lunch. It's a recipe for bad teachers to thrive. What a shame. Also, the new principal would make a good politician. You'll feel like you'll need to wash your hands after talking with him, he is fake and acts like he cares about your issues, but just likes to give lipservice. He has a selfish complex. He raffles of spending time with him as a prize during school events. Glad my child left while it was still a good school. What a shame.

Posted May 22, 2012
If moving to Novi or already live in the area, Novi Woods is the elementary school of choice for you and your children! The principal at Woods works very hard to maintain an environment where children can learn and be successful leaders in our community. His love of the school and his profession is evident in every decision that is made. Novi Woods has teachers that love what they do and it shows in the way they teach and treat their students. Many of the teachers live in the community and send their children to Woods by choice. It is common to see older students in the community return to school with their siblings, often just to see their favorite teachers from previous years. There are plenty of ways that parents and even grandparents can help throughout the school year. The PTO sponsors many different types events for the students and their families during and after school. Whether you work full time or not, if you enjoy volunteering and working with others with children's best interest at heart, you won't be let down! Come see for yourself, it's a fabulous, neighborhood school with leadership that constantly seeks ways to improve your child's education!

Novi Woods Elementary School 2

Posted May 08, 2012
Excellent school if you work full time and have no interested in participating in your child s school experience. The principal is weak and questions nothing. There are 3 white women who run everything. Considering almost half of the population is not white or women, they do not represent the school community well. They discriminate and keep everything exclusive and behind closed doors. The community has given up trying to do anything about it. Not a great place to live or participate, unless you are a friend of one of the self appointed three. But if you don t care, the curriculum is fine and the teachers are great.

Posted February 01, 2011
My children started their schooling at this school last september (2010). I am seeing the school is doing excellent to the student. My sons have learnt a lot.

Posted November 05, 2010
Novi Woods is an exceptional school with remarkable teachers! I am GRATEFUL that the Novi Woods staff recognizes that one child's inability to control themselves should not rob other children of the opportunity to learn. Children are expected to be responsible for their own behavior. U wish our entire country would operate this way! As a former teacher turned stay-at-home mom myself, I do not believe that a child with special needs should be allowed to negatively affect the learning of other children! If you think that your responsibility ends when you drop your child at school, and if you believe that ADHD, ADD, or special needs are an excuse for inappropriate classroom behavior, then Novi Woods is NOT for you! If you want a school that will provide a superior education in PARTNERSHIP with you, then this is the perfect place!

Novi Woods Elementary School 3

Posted May 06, 2010
Academics are good, support for special education children, not so good. There are a few teachers that resort to yelling and name-calling when children misbehave in the classroom, even children with special needs. If you have a child that thrives in the school environment in general, this is a great school. Otherwise, proceed with caution.

Novi Woods Elementary School 0

Posted May 11, 2009
Moved my kids from Deerfield. Novi Woods teachers are excellent and are more experienced than Deerfield teachers. Very happy with the school, principal, teachers, facilities and activities. The office staff is exceptional and cordial.

Posted February 06, 2008
We also recently moved to Novi from another state. We looked at several school systems (in several towns) and felt that Novi Woods would be an excellent choice. We were right! I thought my children were fine at our old school. Novi Woods has put everything into perspective. The principal is extremely approachable and the staff is phenomenal! I love the 'Woods Workout' concept, other schools should take note. I have also been pleasantly surprised by the way that they involve parents. There is always a performance or workshop on the calendar for all grades. These kids are proud of what they do at school and they are given the opportunity to show that to their families. I could not ask any more from a school.

Posted July 03, 2007
I am a teacher at Novi Woods and have been since 1984. I can tell you firsthand that this school has always enjoyed an excellent reputation. The staff here are truly dedicated and go above and beyond what is expected. ALL children are given many opportunities to grow and learn, regardless of their level of academic performance. The staff here at Woods want every child to succeed and become a lifelong learner. I stand behind the exceptional reputation of our staff and the continued support and involvement of our wonderful parents. It is an exceptional place of learning!

Novi Woods Elementary School 0

Posted June 30, 2007
Indeed I am very happy that my daughter is one of the few chosen lucky kids that get such high quality education even at the first grade. I am now anxious to see my daughter's remarkable performance through the rest of her elementary school years at Novi Woods. The teachers are extremely dedicated, committed and do cater to each child's learning abilities. I am a very proud parent of a first grader at the end of school, this summer. I am really appreciative of the learning and work that have been done from Fall 2006 to Summer 2007. I am only expecting this experience to continue for the rest of my daughter's elementary school years. Hail the teachers, Principal, staff, parent volunteers. three cheers to them.

Novi Woods Elementary School
25195 Taft Road, Novi, MI  48374
Last modified Novi Woods Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Novi Woods Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top