Novi, MI

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted May 29, 2015
I can't say enough great things about Village Oaks!! The building is so welcoming. The front office is so helpful. The building principal greets you each and every day at car duty and the classroom teacher greets my child every day at the hallway. My child's teacher calls me just to tell me about a great day my child is having and has open lines of communication. The homework is manageable and my child actually is excited about doing it each week. What a great school!

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 29, 2015
We are new to Novi and Village Oaks. We moved in the middle of the year and as nervous as we all were about the change, we are so happy we made it. My child was welcomed right away by his teacher and was caught up with all units before long. The teacher was so helpful providing extra materials to help catch my child up and to ensure that the learning was not frustrating him. The principal ate lunch with my child's class and he was even asked to do a speaking part in his school play and was on the VO news. What school has that sort of personal connection with their students, not a school that I have ever been a part of?? I hope that my husband's job allows for us to stay in Novi and I can't wait for my younger child to be a kindergartener and be part of Village Oaks community.

Posted May 29, 2015
Village Oaks is a fabulous school! I know when my child gets on the bus each day, she is in good hands. I know when she walks into the school, she is greeted by a teacher that works hard to ensure that my child is reaching her potential. I also know that the building principal and office staff is doing everything to ensure that my child is safe when she is at school too. Any family and child is lucky to be part of the Village Oaks family.

Village Oaks Elementary School 2

Posted January 25, 2015
The high test scores for this school are likely the reason behind its high rating. Admittedly, this is an important factor in deciding upon an educational institution for your child. Although the school boasts of a leadership based curriculum, the actual culture of the school is archaic and rooted heavily in group think and fitting in. It is a great place for gregarious, extroverted types who fit safely into the dated stereotypes of "good". There are a few outstanding teachers. Those who are not outstanding fall very heavily on the other side of the pendulum. Overall, okay. It is safe.

Posted April 20, 2012
We moved here in January and could not have been happier with the school. I have 2 kids in the school and they both are excelling with their fabulous teacher! The principal is TOP NOTCH! She amazes me every time I see her that she knows all the kids names! The principal is so easy to talk to and takes time do do things with all the kids. The classrooms are filled with everything the kids need. I could not have wished for a better school for my kids!

Posted March 12, 2012
My daughter is in Mrs. Nanasi all day K class. We are very happy and love the school and Mrs Nanasi is the BEST.. She is on top of everything and has been so very helpful with my little one's food allergies. My daughter is excited every day to go to school.

Posted April 20, 2011
Village Oaks is the most rewarding school!! When you walk the halls, you get the feel that the kids are happy to be there and to learn. The technology that the school offers is amazing....SmartBoards, document cameras and computers are found in every class room. In the lobby is a banner that says, "Believe, Achieve, Succeed." I truely believe that the kids are living out this motto with the help of the impecable staff, caring support staff and extrememly organzied principal. What a fabulous school!!!

Posted April 19, 2011
Village Oaks is a top notch elementary school! The teachers, principal and entire staff are devoted to creating a warm, welcoming learning environment. Students' needs are first and foremost whether it be educational, emotional, physical or social. I cannot say enough about this wonderful school and staff!

Posted April 18, 2011
Village Oaks is a fantastic school! The staff is outstanding with a focus on student achievement. The principal's leadership is exceptional. Families always feel welcome. Our children love this school!

Posted June 30, 2008
I couldn't be more pleased with Village Oaks Elementary. We moved to Novi mainly due to the excellent school system. I noticed a huge difference in my child's behavior and love for school in just a few months of attending this school. The teachers care, the staff is professional and the attention to detail is superb. This is the kind of school I always wanted my child to attend!

23333 Willowbrook Drive, Novi, MI  48375
Last modified Village Oaks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Village Oaks Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top