Novi, MI

Hickory Woods Elementary School 1

Posted December 23, 2014
This school is sub par, to say the least. There is a complete lack of adult supervision. My son (in kindergarten) fell off of a play structure and bumped his head on *concrete-and I did not even get a phone call! Constantly issues with my son getting hurt at recess or in the classroom with no adults around to witness or help. I pulled him from this school in 2 nd grade and Hickory Woods is just a bad memory, now!

Posted August 23, 2013
My daughter's school is safe. As a mother, I am very happy to say that teachers are doing excellent job. My daughter loves her school.

Posted July 12, 2011
I went to school here starting in 99 and i loved it! I dont think i could have had a better experience. Every aspect of this school has something to offer each student and the lessons stick! the teachers made it so that i still remember so much because of the unique methods and all of the different accomidations each of them made in order to secure that every child is getting the help they need and deserve!

Posted February 01, 2011
Fantastic school with astounding leadership! The principal is the best educational leader I have ever met. A wonderful music program that is miles ahead of other schools.The school has a great environment and parental involvement. I highly recommend this school!!!!!!

Posted January 07, 2010
I absolutely love Hickory Woods. I have had at least one child in this school since 2005. I have two children that currently attend and have nothing bad to say. Two yrs ago I moved and made sure I stayed in the Hickory Woods boundary. The extra reading programs, art, music, and physical education are top notch.

Posted October 05, 2009
Hickory Woods is a great Elementary school that focuses on keeping our kids safe, building self-esteem, and providing high quality education.

Hickory Woods Elementary School 4

Posted April 02, 2009
Overall this is a very good school. All the teachers my daughter has had are excellent and very caring. The facilities are in excellent condition and very well suited to the elementary student. The major dissapointments with this school are a lack of any foreign language program in the curriculum and the elimination of the gifted program.

Posted July 05, 2008
My daughter is going to grade 3 now and has liked this school from the day one in FIrst grade. Instruction is rendered based on the individual child needs - depending upon the student's appetite for challenging stuff and interest. She likes everything at the school - the art, music classes gym etc.

Posted January 28, 2007
Top-Notch teachers, they all seem to be very experienced and caring. Art, Music and Phys-Ed stand out. Very active parents. Very multiculural; families from all over the world. The academics seem pretty advanced. Very strict about student safety and school procedures. Overall, I'm amazed at this school. My daughter is happy and getting a great education.

Posted January 02, 2006
I was very happy with this school. The teachers were very caring.There is alot of parent involvement. There seems to be a certain pride about the school. We would never have left if we didn't move out of state. I highly recommend this school.

30655 Novi Road, Novi, MI  48377
Last modified Hickory Woods Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hickory Woods Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top