No rating

Catholic Central High School

Private | 9-12

Living in Novi

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $300,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $880.

Posted August 21, 2014

I cannot speak of the school itself..but I had to give my opinion on the brief time I was there today. They were the host of a scrimmage between multiple schools, and I was appauled at how rude the staff was. The older man driving around the cart who was supposed to be helping the visiting teams by providing water was a snotty, grumpy, rude old man. I thoughtaybe he was just having a bad moment until I witnessed him again being horribly disrespectful to a player on the opposing team! Then on my way out, the man directing traffic screamed at me for going the "wrong way" when his fellow staffer was directing all traffic in that direction. So, I can't comment on the academics, but they are seriously rude and need some manners

Posted January 11, 2014

Our son is a senior at CC. It was the best decision we made for him so far. He has grown in his academics, in his faith and in athletics. It is challenging academically. He has to study, has to do homework has to work. Its not a perfect place, but I don't know of a perfect place. I think the best part has been watching him grow into such a fine young man. It was worth every sacrifice we made for him to get to go there.

Posted October 19, 2013

Having sent 2 sons to Catholic Central I couldn't be happier. It is challenging school to say the least, both in the classroom and on the field. My sons have been taught goodness, discipline and respect at this wonderful school! Sure we made sacrifices and maybe didn't go on fancy vacations but are rewards were plenty. The boys respect each other whether they are the football star, in the band or in the student section cheering! I wish all kids had the opportunity to experience CC where boys become men. Best school in Michigan by far!!!

Posted September 8, 2013

I'm a senior, and will be part of the 2014 graduating class. I would not consider sending my son to any other school. Some people give awful reviews, but lets be honest a lot of people who write reviews simply want to vent. Unfortunately you don't get to hear the thousands of 5 star reviews Detroit Catholic Central should receive. I came from Brighton knowing only a handful of people. I will be leaving with 200 plus brothers from my class plus a multitude of others from previous and future classes. It is the type of school where you get what you put in. If you leave at 2:45 every day you won't get much from the school. If you join clubs, athletic teams, or the band and are active in the school you will never want to graduate. No school is perfect, but CC is about as good as it gets. Some people talk about Rice my cousin went and he hated it, his brother is going to CC instead and loves it. If you have a son send him to CC, and neither of you will have any question if it was the right decision when he graduates!

Posted August 17, 2013

Detroit Catholic Central is a beautiful school, a well oiled machine, and spews such award winning propoganda that it makes it very easy for parents and students to "drink the Kool-aid"! Catholic Central should be truthful in what they preach! By the way, we're still drinking and we're learning this lesson the hard way! Be aware!

Posted July 14, 2013

I am class of 2016 of DCCand I couldn't ask to go to a better school the teachers are very nice they help u with your work before school or after school the brotherhood is unmatched this school will have you prepared for college the staff care about you so much they want you to succeed as far as us not respecting women we do everyday and yeah so what if they line up to dance with us and we give Recognition to the students for all their hard work not just athletics idk who told u our school is disrespectful but they lied we have lots of pride and we aren't self absorbed we are just confident because we put in the work so we believe we can do anything so yeah best school in michigan go shamrocks

Posted May 20, 2013

Catholic Central is lacking in honesty and humility. While lip service is given to Catholic teaching, the reality is that the school is elitist and disrespectful (at times downright bullying) to those who don't fit their "perfect" mold.

Posted May 10, 2013

They teach men to NOT repect women. Girl line up outside dances waiting to get in to dance with the Catholic Central boys.

Posted October 4, 2012

I am a recent graduate of Detroit Catholic Central and could not recommend it any highly enough. It is exceptional in practically every aspect. The faculty is very well qualified and engaged. The athletic programs are top of the line, winning multiple state championships annually and, this year, sending over a dozen athletes to compete in college, two at Ivy League universities. DCC excels in college preparedness. I am currently at the University of Notre Dame and, because of the challenging curriculum in high school and emphasis on homework, I have had no problems handling the workload. However, the environment at CC is very competitive, and forces students to challenge themselves and get involved; extracurricular activities and sports are strongly encouraged. The only area in which I feel CC is lacking is fine arts. Most people who accuse CC of being inadequate have only themselves to blame for being unwilling to compete and get involved. CC is a great academic and athletic institution which provides unparalleled college preparation. However, it is not "8 to 2:45" students who are not willing to compete, develop, and participate in student life.

Posted August 6, 2012

I cannot imagine a better high school than DCC. Excellent teaching and academic rigor combined with a stellar sense of brotherhood and school unity. Catholic Central literally pumps out successful people. I felt that college was fairly easy compared to my high school classes, and I went to a B1G university. I would spend any amount of money to send my own boys there one day.

Posted October 13, 2010

sense of brotherhood; excellent teachers; challenging classes

Posted May 12, 2010

CC is the best school in Michigan without any doubt. The only people who speak badly of it are the ones who are jealous or couldn't cut it. Most caring high school faculty I can think of.

Posted March 16, 2010

Catholic Central is an amazing school. Catholic Central provides its students with the tools they need to go literally anywhere they want in life. Their curriculum is very challenging and the teachers actually care about the students. It is also looked very favorably upon by colleges and provides excellent networking opportunities for future employment.

Posted December 9, 2009

CC is outstanding. The campus resembles a small private college, the teachers are there because of the excellent academic reputation and not for the money. Students can grow spirituall, academically, and athletically. Each year the students are amount the top National merit finalists. When my oldest sons graduated, fully 15% of the senior class were rated in the top 1% nationally on academic tests and they won 3 state championships that year. This school is like no other in the state.

Posted November 30, 2009

This is the best High school in Michigan. CC provide the best education for its students. It has one of the best academic programs in Michigan and has a top of the line athletic program. CC not only helps students to grow in their studies, but also helps them to grow as Men of CC. I am proud to be a Shamrock. I highly recommend any parents living in the area to consider sending their kids to CC.

Posted June 23, 2009

Very over-rated. Big waste of money if you live in Northville or Novi school district. Baseball program is poor also. Facilites compared to old CC maybe better but they are not as good as your normal suburban high school.

Posted November 7, 2008

My wife and I have two boys at CC. They are top students and are challenged in CC's demanding curriculum. Before our eyes our boys are becoming good men. If you want excellence and goodness look at CC.

Posted July 16, 2008

I am a former student of Catholic Central. I was extremely displeased with the quality of the school's morals. They are supposedly a Catholic school, but when I was there, they did not show it in their actions. Teachers and staff were emotionally harsh and degrading. Students at CC are pompous, prideful, and self-absorbed. They also degrade the less athletically talented individuals. The administration constantly put me down and did not allow me to reach my full potential. Catholic Central certainly did not provide an environment where I could grow in my Catholic faith. I did not like CC. It was a mistake to ever go there.

Posted January 7, 2006

The best! Their new Novi location is fabulous. The administration is open minded and is continually upgrading the curriculum every step of the way. The teaching staff and courses are second to none. They are definitely ahead of the curve which is way more than I can say about U of D Jesuit. The teachers are enthusiastic, energetic and creative. Our son attended U of D Jesuit for one year and so glad he transferred. There is definitely no comparison, even though Catholic Radio might tell you different. CC has a warm, caring staff of teachers who go above and beyond the call of duty. There are no juvenile deliquents either. All the students are hard working and respectful boys. You simply can't go wrong with Catholic Central. You are always welcomed by the other families at CC. You will feel right at home.

Posted October 1, 2005

I attend CC right now. I am a sophomore and I love it. I believe it to be the best school in the state. The academics always come first and I like the stress they put upon completion of homework and the importance of test performance.I also participate on the football and basketball teams. The football program is also the best in the state, and I would rank it in the nation. Basketball, eh, its alright. Not the best, but good. They stress development and not star players. We have over 20 sports and club available to the CC student. Yet, you can only get out of something what you put in. Some students choose to not participate in anything. They choose to get their grade and go home. As a whole, CC is a very good school and I would recommend it for anyone who wants a good education.
—Submitted by a student

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Multiracial 3% 2%
African-American 2% 19%
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Associations
  • NCEA
Fax number
  • (248) 596-3811

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Detroit

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

27225 Wixom Road