Posted August 21, 2014
I cannot speak of the school itself..but I had to give my opinion on the brief time I was there today. They were the host of a scrimmage between multiple schools, and I was appauled at how rude the staff was. The older man driving around the cart who was supposed to be helping the visiting teams by providing water was a snotty, grumpy, rude old man. I thoughtaybe he was just having a bad moment until I witnessed him again being horribly disrespectful to a player on the opposing team! Then on my way out, the man directing traffic screamed at me for going the "wrong way" when his fellow staffer was directing all traffic in that direction. So, I can't comment on the academics, but they are seriously rude and need some manners

Posted January 11, 2014
Our son is a senior at CC. It was the best decision we made for him so far. He has grown in his academics, in his faith and in athletics. It is challenging academically. He has to study, has to do homework has to work. Its not a perfect place, but I don't know of a perfect place. I think the best part has been watching him grow into such a fine young man. It was worth every sacrifice we made for him to get to go there.

Posted October 19, 2013
Having sent 2 sons to Catholic Central I couldn't be happier. It is challenging school to say the least, both in the classroom and on the field. My sons have been taught goodness, discipline and respect at this wonderful school! Sure we made sacrifices and maybe didn't go on fancy vacations but are rewards were plenty. The boys respect each other whether they are the football star, in the band or in the student section cheering! I wish all kids had the opportunity to experience CC where boys become men. Best school in Michigan by far!!!

Posted September 08, 2013
I'm a senior, and will be part of the 2014 graduating class. I would not consider sending my son to any other school. Some people give awful reviews, but lets be honest a lot of people who write reviews simply want to vent. Unfortunately you don't get to hear the thousands of 5 star reviews Detroit Catholic Central should receive. I came from Brighton knowing only a handful of people. I will be leaving with 200 plus brothers from my class plus a multitude of others from previous and future classes. It is the type of school where you get what you put in. If you leave at 2:45 every day you won't get much from the school. If you join clubs, athletic teams, or the band and are active in the school you will never want to graduate. No school is perfect, but CC is about as good as it gets. Some people talk about Rice my cousin went and he hated it, his brother is going to CC instead and loves it. If you have a son send him to CC, and neither of you will have any question if it was the right decision when he graduates!

Posted August 17, 2013
Detroit Catholic Central is a beautiful school, a well oiled machine, and spews such award winning propoganda that it makes it very easy for parents and students to "drink the Kool-aid"! Catholic Central should be truthful in what they preach! By the way, we're still drinking and we're learning this lesson the hard way! Be aware!

Posted July 14, 2013
I am class of 2016 of DCCand I couldn't ask to go to a better school the teachers are very nice they help u with your work before school or after school the brotherhood is unmatched this school will have you prepared for college the staff care about you so much they want you to succeed as far as us not respecting women we do everyday and yeah so what if they line up to dance with us and we give Recognition to the students for all their hard work not just athletics idk who told u our school is disrespectful but they lied we have lots of pride and we aren't self absorbed we are just confident because we put in the work so we believe we can do anything so yeah best school in michigan go shamrocks

Posted May 20, 2013
Catholic Central is lacking in honesty and humility. While lip service is given to Catholic teaching, the reality is that the school is elitist and disrespectful (at times downright bullying) to those who don't fit their "perfect" mold.

Catholic Central High School 2

Posted May 10, 2013
They teach men to NOT repect women. Girl line up outside dances waiting to get in to dance with the Catholic Central boys.

Posted October 04, 2012
I am a recent graduate of Detroit Catholic Central and could not recommend it any highly enough. It is exceptional in practically every aspect. The faculty is very well qualified and engaged. The athletic programs are top of the line, winning multiple state championships annually and, this year, sending over a dozen athletes to compete in college, two at Ivy League universities. DCC excels in college preparedness. I am currently at the University of Notre Dame and, because of the challenging curriculum in high school and emphasis on homework, I have had no problems handling the workload. However, the environment at CC is very competitive, and forces students to challenge themselves and get involved; extracurricular activities and sports are strongly encouraged. The only area in which I feel CC is lacking is fine arts. Most people who accuse CC of being inadequate have only themselves to blame for being unwilling to compete and get involved. CC is a great academic and athletic institution which provides unparalleled college preparation. However, it is not "8 to 2:45" students who are not willing to compete, develop, and participate in student life.

Posted August 06, 2012
I cannot imagine a better high school than DCC. Excellent teaching and academic rigor combined with a stellar sense of brotherhood and school unity. Catholic Central literally pumps out successful people. I felt that college was fairly easy compared to my high school classes, and I went to a B1G university. I would spend any amount of money to send my own boys there one day.

Catholic Central High School
27225 Wixom Road, Novi, MI  48374
Last modified Catholic Central High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Catholic Central High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top