9-12|Private
1,072 students

Bad
Good

Top of the line facilities, academics, and staff. Going there was the best choice I've made and can't thank my parents enough for their sacrifices. Although, I would recommend that this not a school for everyone. Students who were forced to go there were more than likely the kids who didn't enjoy it. If a student doesn't want to buy in, compete, and nurture his faith, chances are much higher they rebel and transfer.

This is just a school of "kool-aid" drinking sport fanatics with very deep pockets! It has the most snooty circle of parents. The students are brainwashed to think they are the best! It is actually scary to watch so much "kool-aid" drinking going on. Be warned, just another hypocritical catholic school.

I cannot speak of the school itself..but I had to give my opinion on the brief time I was there today. They were the host of a scrimmage between multiple schools, and I was appauled at how rude the staff was. The older man driving around the cart who was supposed to be helping the visiting teams by providing water was a snotty, grumpy, rude old man. I thoughtaybe he was just having a bad moment until I witnessed him again being horribly disrespectful to a player on the opposing team! Then on my way out, the man directing traffic screamed at me for going the "wrong way" when his fellow staffer was directing all traffic in that direction. So, I can't comment on the academics, but they are seriously rude and need some manners

Our son is a senior at CC. It was the best decision we made for him so far. He has grown in his academics, in his faith and in athletics. It is challenging academically. He has to study, has to do homework has to work. Its not a perfect place, but I don't know of a perfect place. I think the best part has been watching him grow into such a fine young man. It was worth every sacrifice we made for him to get to go there.

Having sent 2 sons to Catholic Central I couldn't be happier. It is challenging school to say the least, both in the classroom and on the field. My sons have been taught goodness, discipline and respect at this wonderful school! Sure we made sacrifices and maybe didn't go on fancy vacations but are rewards were plenty. The boys respect each other whether they are the football star, in the band or in the student section cheering! I wish all kids had the opportunity to experience CC where boys become men. Best school in Michigan by far!!!

I'm a senior, and will be part of the 2014 graduating class. I would not consider sending my son to any other school. Some people give awful reviews, but lets be honest a lot of people who write reviews simply want to vent. Unfortunately you don't get to hear the thousands of 5 star reviews Detroit Catholic Central should receive. I came from Brighton knowing only a handful of people. I will be leaving with 200 plus brothers from my class plus a multitude of others from previous and future classes. It is the type of school where you get what you put in. If you leave at 2:45 every day you won't get much from the school. If you join clubs, athletic teams, or the band and are active in the school you will never want to graduate. No school is perfect, but CC is about as good as it gets. Some people talk about Rice my cousin went and he hated it, his brother is going to CC instead and loves it. If you have a son send him to CC, and neither of you will have any question if it was the right decision when he graduates!

Detroit Catholic Central is a beautiful school, a well oiled machine, and spews such award winning propoganda that it makes it very easy for parents and students to "drink the Kool-aid"! Catholic Central should be truthful in what they preach! By the way, we're still drinking and we're learning this lesson the hard way! Be aware!

I am class of 2016 of DCCand I couldn't ask to go to a better school the teachers are very nice they help u with your work before school or after school the brotherhood is unmatched this school will have you prepared for college the staff care about you so much they want you to succeed as far as us not respecting women we do everyday and yeah so what if they line up to dance with us and we give Recognition to the students for all their hard work not just athletics idk who told u our school is disrespectful but they lied we have lots of pride and we aren't self absorbed we are just confident because we put in the work so we believe we can do anything so yeah best school in michigan go shamrocks

Catholic Central is lacking in honesty and humility. While lip service is given to Catholic teaching, the reality is that the school is elitist and disrespectful (at times downright bullying) to those who don't fit their "perfect" mold.

They teach men to NOT repect women. Girl line up outside dances waiting to get in to dance with the Catholic Central boys.

Last modified Catholic Central High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12