Bad
Good

One of my children did enjoy Deerfield very much, and my other child didn't care for it much. Some of teachers were great, especially Mr.Mcurdy! I really missed Mr. Njus after he retired and the vibe at the school seemed to really change for the worse. The new one definitely wasn't as friendly to the children or as open. Also, the secretary in the main office is VERY RUDE!!!! She will talk to you and treat you like a child. She has very little patience or respect parents. I'm sure she is nice to the staff because that HAS to be the only reason she still works there.

Had two kids go thru this school for a total of 8 years worth, and I have to say the quality of the instruction and the amount of learning they received was just outstanding. Very dedicated and competitive teachers who strive to not just do good, but excel to be the best is something we haven't seen in other schools. This is a top school in every regard in my view.

This school has been an amazing school and I look forward to all my children coming here. Along with the outstanding teachers, volunteers and outstanding tests scores, I'd say we made the BEST choice staying here!! I loved the previous principal and I and my children are loving the new principal!! Thank you for making the learning so exciting and fun!

I have to say, I am glad Deerfiled is getting a new principal. If he liked you....great. If he didn't, you and your child were toast. The infighting with among the teachers is aweful. A new principal will be the best thing that ever happened to that sham of a school!

Deerfield involves the parents to be a part of the children's education as well as teaching kids the importance of being good citizens. The kids earn higher scores than most schools and are excelling!

I am a parent at this phenomenal school. The principal and teachers are amazing. It is based on best practices. It offers multi-age and differential learning. My family has been at this school for seven wonderful years. Due to unwarranted redistricting, my children will no longer be allowed to remain at this school and will be sent back to their neighborhood school. For all who will be allowed to attend this fine school, enjoy and embrace this amazing program. You are very fortunate. It is truly awesome!

Great School! Am glad my daughter went to Deerfield. Principal and teachers do a great job and I feel good knowing my daughter is in a safe environment. It would be great if the school could pay more attention to kids with allergies like dairy. (School parties & school lunches). Alternative arrangements should be considered. On the whole an excellent school.

Last modified Deerfield Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.