Posted December 10, 2013
JFK is a dream come true. A school filled with smart, creative, polite, kind children, caring, hard working, happy and appreciated teachers and staff, AND parents who gladly volunteer their time! Other schools should take note. This is what public education should be! Go Eagles!

Posted August 24, 2013
My daughter attends JFK and they practice good behavior and exhibit importance of making student feel like they are a special. She feels safe. I am glad that I kept her in this school district. She loves going to school.

John F. Kennedy School 4

Posted October 24, 2012
I have a second grader and a kindergartener at Kennedy. The more I talk to parents with kids in other schools, the more I am convinced that Kennedy is a rare gem. Parent volunteers are trained provide kids in the lower grades one-on-one tutoring in math and reading several times per week, giving the teachers time to focus on more in-depth teaching activities. The kids are taught to be responsible, independent and curious learners, working at their own level and pursuing their own interests whenever possible. The PTA is very active and involved, and JFK has the highest green school rating, giving students a daily model of environmental stewardship. The teachers and staff are enthusiastic and caring. Because of the high degree of parent involvement, I know my kids' classmates and their parents. Kennedy is more like a community than just a school, and I can't say enough positive things about it.

Posted November 18, 2010
My husband and I have been very impressed with all the teachers and assignments that are given at Kennedy. My two children love the school and look forward to school each morning.

John F. Kennedy School 0

Posted October 13, 2010
The teachers and active parents are fantastic and the new principal is bringing it all together!

John F. Kennedy School 2

Posted September 27, 2010
My child was in the Multi Age program and is pales in comparison to the Open Program. There is way less parental involvement, more behavioral issues, and more special need students being mainstreamed. The problem with the Ferndale District is that not every student is getting the same quality education as the other. And the terrible part is that the superintendent and other administrators will not or cannot change this unfortunate fact.

John F. Kennedy School 4

Posted April 13, 2010
They have an awesome family-style community feeling. Parents are highly encouraged to be involved and to give their input. They also have an excellent green school rating and are working to reduce their urban footprint.

Posted July 21, 2009

Posted March 29, 2009
I went through the Open Classroom program when I was a child when in was taught at Taft Elementary, and I was excited to put my own children in the program 20+ years later. They even have some of the same teachers! The children did great in the Open Classroom program. But, we had to move out of state two years ago and we mourn JFK. Even though both kids are now in a school rated '10' and 'Exemplary', they are bored out of their minds with the traditional rigid classroom structure. We will always miss JFK.

John F. Kennedy School 0

Posted February 27, 2009
My daughter attended JFK and I was not very happy with her teacher. Each time I went into the classroom children were never in their seats. Some children were in the classroom, in the corner, under the desks, in the hallway, everywhere but in their seat learning. Maybe it was the teacher, but I took my daughter out of JFK because she was not learning in a structured environment. If your child needs structure, I do not recommend JFK.

John F. Kennedy School
24220 Rosewood Street, Oak Park, MI  48237
Last modified John F. Kennedy School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John F. Kennedy School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top