Oak Park, MI

Posted September 26, 2013
My daughter had been attending this school from pre k and is now in the 5th. My daughter had loved most of her teachers and so have me and her mom. They could be some improvements.. I don't think they are teaching these kids too there highest potential.and maybe that's a cultural matter. And some of the student are a little ghetto, but well assume the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.. With that dad i have seen some improvements this year as fat add security and possibly instrumental music classes. I wish them the best

Posted September 06, 2012
A strange yet unruly environment for me and my children. They need a more male instructors or younger or male principal to establish structure.

Posted July 19, 2012
i would like to start by saying i loved my kids teachers.. with that said i had 3 boys who went there who are mixed and were constantly teased, and bullied.. i had addressed this issue multiple times and the bullies received MINOR discipline. also there is not enough parent involvement i had missed alot of events that i had no notice of. my kids will not be attending this comming school year. they will be attending a school who deals with bullying situation and is more of a mixed crowd where they will be accepted.

Key Elementary School 5

Posted June 11, 2009

Posted May 14, 2009

Key Elementary School 0

Posted September 20, 2008
With just a little less than a month in school I am impressed. Keep up the good work teachers....

Key Elementary School 0

Posted April 14, 2008
I rate this school a 4! It has many good qualities and the principal works well with the paretns to resolve issues.

Key Elementary School 1

Posted April 03, 2008

Posted January 16, 2008
My child was a new student to oak park schools this year. It's already rough on a child going to a new school. In the first week my child had a situation with three children against him. The next morning I went up to the school. Principal Snow did an excellent job handling the situation. The children were disciplined and the issue was lectured to the whole class. My child and the other children have resolved the issue. Sometimes children do the wrong things but that's why they grow to learn. If parents and the school- heads work together, our children will be successful. As of now, though this is only his second week there, Key seems to be a good school for my child.

Posted June 14, 2007
My son attended this school for 3 years. It has been nothing but frustration. No notification of activities, I can't tell you how many functions I missed because I found out the night before. I also don't feel like they are watching the kids like they should be, too much happens. It's too bad because their are some teachers there that are great, but the school needs a lot of work.

Key Elementary School
23400 Jerome Street, Oak Park, MI  48237
Last modified Key Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Key Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top