Oak Park, MI

Oak Park Preparatory Academy 2

Posted December 02, 2007
I enrolled my child for the 6th grade, just to try it, despite all of the negative feedback I had received on the school. It is a horrible place to place your child. It's overcrowded. there's very little one on one because of the overcrowding; I've sat in several classes. The ass't supt. assured me that my diabetic grandaughter would have supervision when the para-medical was absent - it never happened! Of course she is leaving at the end of this semester.

Oak Park Preparatory Academy 2

Posted November 05, 2007
There is a lack of concern about the youth. Not enough extracurricular activities. Over crowded classes, and no time for one on one teacher to student help to encourage the children

Posted November 03, 2007
My child enrolled into the 6th grade this past semester for the 07-08 school year. Im already experiencing a lack of concern from the principal and a few staff members. The school is only concern about federal funding and not your child well being or overall safety. Already im considering removing my child and enrolling elsewhere. Parent's think twice before considering enrolling your child.

Posted May 24, 2007
I arbitrarily think that Roosevelt is a ample school. I came here five months ago and I just love it. We have Alot of security guards that be on they job! Also no parent can say that the students are bad, because we do not have control over anyone else's actions! The teachers are doing their best, and quite frankly I think its beneficial enough. Roosevelt is a good school where success is the only option!

Posted December 19, 2006
My daughter has attended Roosevelt for about 3 years. It seems like every year it gets worst.

Posted April 16, 2006
Roosevelt Is not all that bad like people are trying to make it seem.It is some bad student's at the school but if your child is so focused on school really then they would't even think about letting the bad student's in their path to learning. I went to Roosevelt for the 6th grade, know in the 7th, and because it's so good to me and my education I'm going to go their for the 8th too!

Posted March 27, 2006
I am currently removing my child from roosevelt middle school. The lack of control over the students is frightening, and the lack of ambition by the staff to correct the problem makes me worry about the future of all of the students that are unlucky enough to have to attend this school! my son attened this school for 3 weeks, and now i have had to pull him out and home school him until the next school year starts. I recommend that you do serious comparison shopping when it comes to schools in this area. This one should not be on your list!

Oak Park Preparatory Academy 3

Posted December 08, 2005
I am currently a 8th grader at roosevelt. I dont appreciate all the lies on the site. The school is not that bad as the other poeple are trying to make it seem. It is a great lerning environmet. Now tell me one school that you go to where you dont see fighting and cursing. I am not sure that it is one on the planet. Even though their is not alot of activities but its stiil great.

Posted August 16, 2005
roosevelt is so terrible so many kids are fighting and using foul language. i mean how do the teachers and principals not know what these kids are doing. my child has been going there for one year and already wants to go to another school. that school is terrible so parents please be careful and choose the right school.

Posted April 29, 2005
Roosevelt Middle School is not the school you would want your child spending their teen years at. It is not a model school for anyone. My child has gone their for two years and she says that she's digusted with her classmates behavior. The teachers are great, but the students don't have their minds set on school. While I credit the staff, I'm just happy to say that I got my child out of there.

Oak Park Preparatory Academy
23261 Scotia Road, Oak Park, MI  48237
Last modified Oak Park Preparatory Academy is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oak Park Preparatory Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top