Oak Park, MI
Before care: Yes

Pepper Elementary School 2

Posted April 09, 2012
I was only sent to Pepper because of the closure of Lessinger which I loved. Bottom line my kids have been excepted into another school district and I cant wait to leave. I cant stand the new wave of kids(adults too) hanging around or moving into the area.I just feels like a dark cloud is over Oak Park, and it is spilling into the schools. My kids come home with bad stories of what happened at school that day. They are only in the 2nd and K classes so at that age no one should know how to be disrepectful. Who ever heard of 2nd graders fighting, and using foul words in school. Well if you havent just stroll on down to Pepper and see for yourself. My 2nd grader was lucky and has the best teacher they have. As far as my K teacher I really dont think she cares. She never seems excited about how well my son is doing in her class or excited about anything.

Posted April 18, 2011
I live in Detroit and my child attends Pepper Elem, this is his second year and this has been the best choice on my childs behalf I have made regarding his education. I've learned that it's not where you live or come from, Its about PARENT Involvement! The sames issues I see in DPS, I've seen in OAK PARK. I've made a difference in my childs life by making responsible, educated choices - I AM INVOLVED!

Posted November 05, 2010
How about all of you DPS people keep your kids in your own district. I grew up in Oak Park and the problem is all of the animals that come from the D. Fix your own schools if your kid can't read it is not the teachers fault how about you teach them. If your kid is bad switching schools won't help give me a break. All of the Detroit kids walk around cussing and trashing our city we pay taxes in making it look just like their own neighborhood. Then their parents just ignore it despicable. Please don't turn Oak Park into Detroit.

Posted May 21, 2009

Posted October 17, 2008

Posted February 09, 2007
At first, I was skeptical about allowing my daughter to go to Pepper. I found Pepper to be a much better learning environment. I am glad I made the switch!

Pepper Elementary School 3

Posted November 30, 2006
This is my daughter's first year at Pepper. I took her out of DPS and placed her at Pepper assuming she would get a better education because she is in a better learning environment. I must say that I am quite disappointed. I feel Pepper Elem. was not ready for the large increase of enrollments from students outside of their school district. My daughter has been placed in 3 different classes just in the first semester of school. Her schedule and curriculum has been inconsistent from the beginning, and at this point, I really don't feel she is academically better off at Pepper.

Pepper Elementary School 4

Posted September 18, 2006
This is my son's first year at Pepper. So far, the school is good and stand behind it's ethics and values.

Pepper Elementary School
24301 Church Street, Oak Park, MI  48237
Last modified Pepper Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pepper Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top