Orchard Lake Village, MI

Posted June 09, 2015
The administration and teachers of Abbott are amazing. My daughter received a rigorous, top-notch education. The school excels in teamwork which creates a family atmosphere where all students succeed. You feel the warmth when you first enter the school and are greeted with the friendliest office staff. Fantastic choir, theatre and Strings program. The science teachers are dedicated to student success. The math teachers are exceptional, best Honors Algebra experience ever! The Language Arts teachers push and prepare students for High School success. The social studies teachers are great too. I cannot stop without mentioning the fantastic coaches for their sports teams too-what a positive experience my child had in Cross country!

Posted March 20, 2015
Abbott is a fantastic building in a great school district! What makes it such an awesome place to be is the simple fact that it is what you make of it. If you're looking for academic rigor, and are willing to work for it, your teachers will make sure you find it. If you're looking for athletic excellence, it's there as long as you're committed to pushing yourself to be better. If you're musically inclined, the opportunities are numerous to showcase your talents. So although the staff is wonderful and the culture is welcoming, the true strength lies in what the students bring to school with them each and every day. As with any institution, you get out of it what you put in; and with Abbott Middle School, the return on investment can be seen in the quality of citizens West Bloomfield turns out year after year.

Posted March 20, 2015
Abbott Middle School has made a tremendous difference in my child's life. I feel comfortable every morning knowing that I am sending my child off to a school where they will be provided a safe and comfortable learning environment while receiving a world class education. Multiple times a week my daughter shares with me some of the great experiences she has at school. She raves about how amazing her teachers are, making every lesson fun and engaging. As a parent, it is comforting to know that my daughter has teachers who are personally invested in her success. I would gladly recommend Abbott Middle School to any parent who wants to see their child strive.

Abbott Middle School 1

Posted January 02, 2015
My children no longer attend Abbott Middle school due to teachers who were stuck in their ways and did not seem like they were there for the purpose of educating students. Some of the teachers were downright cruel. The principal was useless and only interested in covering up for the teachers. The principal was not interested in listening to constructive criticism or problem-solving to clear up issues. Because my children were not trouble makers, there educational needs were ignored. We are extremely happy with the teachers and administrators at our new middle school.

Posted December 29, 2013
I am so glad that my son is going to Abbott. They are very education focused and i love the fact that they teach kids to be friendly and cool and not bullies

Abbott Middle School 2

Posted December 21, 2013
Try as they might this school just cannot assimilate the huge influx of kids from the crumbling Pontiac school system. One look at that 6 out of 10 GreatSchool Rating tells the story. That score was 9 out of 10 until this year. Too many incoming students with an academic history that does not include classroom behavior modification. How can a teacher teach the students that want an education when a third of the classroom is comprised of troublemakers? I moved to West Bloomfield from Detroit 6 years ago solely to get my kids into a better school system. Looks like I'll be moving again very soon.

Posted August 11, 2011
This is a good school. I'm glad my kids attended. I was glad they pushed the theater/choir program. It helped my kids improve their self confidence in front of different groups of people. Abbott's diversity is a great asset! I really believe that my kids are well rounded from meeting other kids from other backgrounds. Excellence is expected at Abbott and pushes the kids to believe in themselves. It is evident in the kids that come out of this school.

Abbott Middle School 3

Posted May 05, 2011
It used to be a good school, then they changed the princile and layed off many teachers... Unfortunately my child got a lot of negative experience from tired, not caring techers. however the orchestra programm is amazing!

Abbott Middle School 3

Posted July 04, 2009
This school is indeed in a district that has a reputation for producing good schools. With the addition of the Schools of Choice program, the district has increased diversity within its student population; however, no diversity exists in the teaching staff. The minority population at the school lags behind others in academic performance, and no evidence exists demonstrating an effort to bridge this gap. The SOC program has helped the district gain funding during these times of financial restrictions, but the district needs to do more in training all staff in dealing with students of all ethnicities. Staff is quick to label students with impairments instead of differentiating instruction in a manner that will foster success for each student. Potentially, the school can be excellent, but all staff needs to recognize areas in need of assistance and seek out making those adjustments.

Abbott Middle School

Posted March 27, 2009
Abbott is a terriffic school with very dedicated teachers. The music and theater programs are top notch. Our family is very happy with this school.

Abbott Middle School
3380 Orchard Lake Road, Orchard Lake Village, MI  48324
Last modified Abbott Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Abbott Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top