Posted December 29, 2013
I am so glad that my son is going to Abbott. They are very education focused and i love the fact that they teach kids to be friendly and cool and not bullies

Abbott Middle School 2

Posted December 21, 2013
Try as they might this school just cannot assimilate the huge influx of kids from the crumbling Pontiac school system. One look at that 6 out of 10 GreatSchool Rating tells the story. That score was 9 out of 10 until this year. Too many incoming students with an academic history that does not include classroom behavior modification. How can a teacher teach the students that want an education when a third of the classroom is comprised of troublemakers? I moved to West Bloomfield from Detroit 6 years ago solely to get my kids into a better school system. Looks like I'll be moving again very soon.

Posted August 11, 2011
This is a good school. I'm glad my kids attended. I was glad they pushed the theater/choir program. It helped my kids improve their self confidence in front of different groups of people. Abbott's diversity is a great asset! I really believe that my kids are well rounded from meeting other kids from other backgrounds. Excellence is expected at Abbott and pushes the kids to believe in themselves. It is evident in the kids that come out of this school.

Abbott Middle School 3

Posted May 05, 2011
It used to be a good school, then they changed the princile and layed off many teachers... Unfortunately my child got a lot of negative experience from tired, not caring techers. however the orchestra programm is amazing!

Posted August 28, 2009

Abbott Middle School 3

Posted July 04, 2009
This school is indeed in a district that has a reputation for producing good schools. With the addition of the Schools of Choice program, the district has increased diversity within its student population; however, no diversity exists in the teaching staff. The minority population at the school lags behind others in academic performance, and no evidence exists demonstrating an effort to bridge this gap. The SOC program has helped the district gain funding during these times of financial restrictions, but the district needs to do more in training all staff in dealing with students of all ethnicities. Staff is quick to label students with impairments instead of differentiating instruction in a manner that will foster success for each student. Potentially, the school can be excellent, but all staff needs to recognize areas in need of assistance and seek out making those adjustments.

Abbott Middle School 0

Posted March 27, 2009
Abbott is a terriffic school with very dedicated teachers. The music and theater programs are top notch. Our family is very happy with this school.

Abbott Middle School 0

Posted September 26, 2008
has alot of bullying and name calling from other students to students. Needs to address the issue of bullying and apply appropriate discipline for children who act out on these issues!

Abbott Middle School 4

Posted April 16, 2005
My son is currently attending Abbott and I think this was one of the best choices I could of made. The teachers show great concerns. I must say that Mrs. Thrift reading teacher is terrific!

Posted April 10, 2005

Abbott Middle School
3380 Orchard Lake Road, Orchard Lake Village, MI  48324
Last modified Abbott Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Abbott Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top