Bad
Good

Wonderful. My daughter has attended this school since grade K. Teachers are wow, excellent. The building, classrooms, play equipment, ect. are in top notch condition and managed well. Parents are very active in volunteer roles at this school. "Year Round" is misleading, school starts August 1 (4-weeks earlier) but otherwise ends with the rest of the Lake Orion School District in mid-June. The short 6-week summer helps my daughter carry-over what she learned into the next grade without needing any review time. The short 6-week summers also help my wife and I afford daycare/daycamp. Location is AWESOME, close to I-75 when you need to get by the school going/coming from work. I really wish the entire school district would get on this "Year-Round" schedule! It is a life saver for working parents, the kids all benefit from a longer learning cycle and fun-focused intersessions, and shorter summers. Look at the grades and test scores. Carpenter Elementary is consistently in Top 2% of all schools in Michigan! It is a role-model for all schools to follow, a privelage to be a part of. I am a proud parent and supporter of this wonderful school and highly recommend for all K-5 children.

I had my 3 kids at Carpenter almost for the entire Elementary grades. We were extremely happy with the school, the principal and the teachers. We knew about one bullying case and it was attended by the principal IMMEDIATELY. We were very pleased.

This is a great school. My daughter just started kindergarten this year and it was a smooth transition. Her teacher is phenomenal! The other staff is excellent as well. They care as much as I do about her education. My wife and I feel blessed that she is in good hands.

BEST SCHOOL EVER!!!!!! Teachers are wonderful -Principal is HANDS ON and the challenges given to the children are right within the expected level for each grade. Sending my second child to school there- after attending private school.

This is our first year at Carpenter. I love how attentive the teachers are. Its a "lottery school" so you have to choose to want to be there, and it feels that way too. Its like our own private school!! I love it! The staff is fantastic, and the families are very caring and interested in what is going on. Very much like our own community.

Carpenter has such a positive attitude. The teachers are all very dedicated and they have attracted some of the best students in the area. They also succeed to involving the parents in a very positive way. A very outstanding school

Both of my children have attended Carpenter. They recieved the attention and care that they need to suceed. We all need more that just education, we need individual care, and understanding. That is what my children recieved! This school has given my children the skills to be successful.

I am a parent of a child in Kindergarten. I am absolutely pleased (estatic, extremely happy) with Carpenter Year Round Elementary. The schedule (year round) provides an environment for better retention and allows for breaks for the children during the year which I am finding to be beneficial. In addition to the schedule, I am very pleased with the educational environment. I believe today a challenging enducation is needed and it must begin at a younger level than it has in the past. This is provided and the school is very quick to provide needed support to help and work with the students (this has been confirmed through discussions with other parents in other grade levels). The school encourages parent involvement both for schoolwide events and in the individual classrooms.

Our son attended Carpenter and we loved it, I have to quote one of the other reviews 'T-E-A-M or F-A-M-I-L-Y are two words that are used to identify with the administration, faculty, staff, parents, and students of this fine school.' We felt involved, respected, listened to, and the principal, Mrs.Edwards was the best!!!

My children attended Carpenter. My daughter, who needed little encouragement , did fine. My son, however, did not get the help he needed. He has since been doing extremely well in the new school we put him in. Carpenter is a good school for children who do not need much extra help. However, they are very interested in keeping their students scores high, so they will encourage holding your child back a grade, even when not necessary, as in my child's case. It was a lesson learned for us.

Last modified Carpenter Year Round Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.