Orion Township, MI
Before care: Yes

Orion Oaks Elementary School 1

Posted October 17, 2014
This school is not interested in teaching children to their individual level of academic achievement even though that is supposedly the mission of this school. Teachers and the principal are not willing to work with parents and act like they know everything and the parents are too stupid to know what level of academic work their child is capable of. My child will be removed from this school as soon as I am able to do so.

Posted August 12, 2013
My son loves going to school here! The staff is wonderful and truly care about your child's success at school. We have always felt that the teachers truly partner with us in our son's education which is so important. The multiage environment has been a very positive experience for our son and has helped to challenge him as well as encourage him to learn at his own pace. Parents are welcomed with open arms and encouraged to get involved at school. We are proud to be part of the Orion Oaks family.

Posted August 12, 2013
Orion oaks is a wonderful focus school. Certified green helps teach the kids social responsibility and now soon to have the leader-in-me program. Teachers are present in my child's learning process and continue to challenge to keep her moving forward. Couldn't be happier with the programs, activities and extras to make learning enjoyable. Pleased parent!

Posted August 12, 2013
I am very happy that we have so many choices within the Lake Orion School district for educating our children. The multi-age philosophy at Orion Oaks is a perfect fit for our family. Our daughters excel academically and socially at Orion Oaks. The teachers are so dedicated and a lot of them live in Lake Orion and send their own children to Orion Oaks as well. The neighborhood concept is great - the girls always know who their teachers will be, and who will be in their class. Similarly, the teachers know them as they have been within the same neighborhood since Kindergarden. The extracirricular activites enhance the social responsiblity taught in the school. I also appreciate the no-cost fundraising instead of the constant barrage of overpriced product sales. This is blue ribbon school and the kids, teachers and staff live up to that standard every day!

Posted August 12, 2013
Orion Oaks is the place to be. Our students, teachers and staff "Make a difference" everyday. I have never seen so many teachers go above and beyond to help each and every child. The multi-age approach works very well for all my kids. For the one child that needs extra help and may not be right at level, they work extra to get him up to level. As for my other child, who excels in every subject, the teachers work extremely hard to challenge him and give him extra work. This extra work helps to keep him from being bored and still enjoy school. Orion Oaks students, teachers, and staff strive "To Do Great Things" for their community on a daily basis.

Posted October 13, 2010
They instill what all kids need to know to be loving, caring people. Its a very family oriented school.

Posted March 06, 2010

Orion Oaks Elementary School 4

Posted October 21, 2009
I don't understand why the bike rack is behind the school. A child has to pretty much walk his bike quite an extra distance past all the kids loading / unloading from the buses (which happens all at once) and then in the mornings come back around to the front of the building. There is also a lot of gravel on the ramp from the safety path. Wondering how there can be so much litter as well.

Posted October 16, 2009
We have 2 children at Orion Oaks. Fantastic School. Level of enagagement of teachers, staff, and other parents is superior to any I've seen

Posted March 12, 2009
I have two children in Orion Oaks. The principal is incredibly involved, has excellent leadership skills, the children have great respect for him and adore him at the same time. He works well with his staff and strives to keep the school one step ahead of the rest. The school is not for every child - this is a multi-age school. Children that thrive here are more independent and do not need to have the typical structure that is found in traditional schools. There are no desks in Orion Oaks, but tables where children sit in groups. The teachers give weekly updates via e-mail, my children's grades are available to me at any given moment - detailed information down to yesterday's classroom work is given. I am proud that my children attend this school, I would not have it any other way.

Orion Oaks Elementary School
1255 Joslyn Road, Orion Township, MI  48360
Last modified Orion Oaks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Orion Oaks Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top