Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Orion Oaks Elementary School 2

Posted February 04, 2016
The principle, Ken Nuss, is such a disappointment. I have heard many describe him as a used car salesman and that is a fitting description. He talks a big game about OO and their mission but yet he lacks the leadership for that to actually come to fruition. Luckily he is balanced out by some of the most amazing teachers you will ever encounter. They do their best to counter his poor leadership skills but at the end of the day they can't do everything. Such a shame. Such potential.

Orion Oaks Elementary School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 23, 2015
All three of my children are enrolled at Orion Oaks. As a teacher myself I know how much effort and energy the staff puts into making learning fun for my kids! The Staff at this school amaze me everyday! They are truly inspiring a fantastic group of future Leaders! !!

Orion Oaks Elementary School 2

Posted February 26, 2015
Orion Oaks is a school with a great mission which it unfortunately falls short of. They strive to offer families a multi-age approach to learning in which children can grow at their own level and get more help or move ahead to more challenging work when needed. It s a good theory but, with 50 children in a room, it's not possible. The multi-age model doesn't work with this number of students and sadly, we believed the principal when he said it would. Most of the teachers we've encountered to a great job at working within the confines of a large classroom size and limited space but they are not able to provide what the school's mission states it can accomplish. Death by worksheets comes to mind. The positives about the school are a great secretarial staff and a very active Parent Group. The big negative for our family is that the principal "sold" us on a school that doesn't deliver its intended mission. This is a good community public school but it is nothing more. Do not be fooled by the principal who will promise unattainable standards and offerings...he wears a salesman's cap like many other public school administrators who want to fill their buildings for funding.

Posted February 04, 2015
We were fortune enough to have our daughter attend Orion Oaks instead of our assigned neighborhood school. After attending her Kindergarten year, I knew the neighborhood school just wasn't right for our family. Orion Oaks has an AMAZING mission to educate caring, confident and independent children... they truly educate the "whole" child. The front office staff is a breath of fresh air and the principal is warm, welcoming and receptive to parents. The teachers are understanding of individual needs and learning styles, and incorporate this understanding into a curriculum that provides every child with the necessary tools to be successful. But above all of this, the positive change that I have seen in my daughter speaks volumes to this school. I am so thankful that our family is a part of this school!

Orion Oaks Elementary School 1

Posted October 17, 2014
This school is not interested in teaching children to their individual level of academic achievement even though that is supposedly the mission of this school. Teachers and the principal are not willing to work with parents and act like they know everything and the parents are too stupid to know what level of academic work their child is capable of. My child will be removed from this school as soon as I am able to do so.

Posted August 12, 2013
My son loves going to school here! The staff is wonderful and truly care about your child's success at school. We have always felt that the teachers truly partner with us in our son's education which is so important. The multiage environment has been a very positive experience for our son and has helped to challenge him as well as encourage him to learn at his own pace. Parents are welcomed with open arms and encouraged to get involved at school. We are proud to be part of the Orion Oaks family.

Posted August 12, 2013
Orion oaks is a wonderful focus school. Certified green helps teach the kids social responsibility and now soon to have the leader-in-me program. Teachers are present in my child's learning process and continue to challenge to keep her moving forward. Couldn't be happier with the programs, activities and extras to make learning enjoyable. Pleased parent!

Posted August 12, 2013
I am very happy that we have so many choices within the Lake Orion School district for educating our children. The multi-age philosophy at Orion Oaks is a perfect fit for our family. Our daughters excel academically and socially at Orion Oaks. The teachers are so dedicated and a lot of them live in Lake Orion and send their own children to Orion Oaks as well. The neighborhood concept is great - the girls always know who their teachers will be, and who will be in their class. Similarly, the teachers know them as they have been within the same neighborhood since Kindergarden. The extracirricular activites enhance the social responsiblity taught in the school. I also appreciate the no-cost fundraising instead of the constant barrage of overpriced product sales. This is blue ribbon school and the kids, teachers and staff live up to that standard every day!

Posted August 12, 2013
Orion Oaks is the place to be. Our students, teachers and staff "Make a difference" everyday. I have never seen so many teachers go above and beyond to help each and every child. The multi-age approach works very well for all my kids. For the one child that needs extra help and may not be right at level, they work extra to get him up to level. As for my other child, who excels in every subject, the teachers work extremely hard to challenge him and give him extra work. This extra work helps to keep him from being bored and still enjoy school. Orion Oaks students, teachers, and staff strive "To Do Great Things" for their community on a daily basis.

Posted October 13, 2010
They instill what all kids need to know to be loving, caring people. Its a very family oriented school.

Orion Oaks Elementary School
1255 Joslyn Road, Orion Township, MI  48360
Last modified Orion Oaks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Orion Oaks Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top