Orion Township, MI

Posted May 10, 2014
I worked as a substitute teacher for many years, substitute teaching in several different districts and in every single Lake Orion school. I continued to sub in the hopes of getting hired at Scripps Middle School because it truly is the best middle school in the world. The staff and administration are incredibly warm, positive, and dedicated to student success. The students rise to the expectations and then surpass them. I wouldn't want to work anywhere else--this is truly my dream job!

Posted March 29, 2011
This school is a beautiful school. The school is large, but has a small town feeling to it, everybody knows each other. We have a lot of great GAP programs, sports teams, and teachers. This is definitely the "Best Middle School" in the world. I am proud to be a dragon!

Scripps Middle School 3

Posted August 10, 2009
I am a parent and lifelong educator. My son had 1 really great year (7th), one mediocre year (6th) and one very poor year (8th). Teaching is inconsistent, and the quality of the teachers varies greatly. The fact that a student could go from a B to an A and then to a D student without intervention says a great deal. The sixth grade team worked closely with us to resolve issues, and the seventh grade team offered support but not much was needed. Eighth grade was a wasteland of assistance, even when administration was contacted. Lake Orion schools are good overall- but this school does not rise above the others in the area.

Posted May 29, 2009
Scripps is Great! Almost all the teachers are what i consider to be the best of the best. It has excellent GAP programs, and will have a student-run school newspaper next year. and i must admit, it keeps its students on thier toes!

Posted April 01, 2009
Scripps Middle School is by far the best of the best. The staff from the Principal to teachers, aides...excellent. They really care about our children acedemically and socially. Middle school is the most difficult time our children's lives and I know with Mr. Haas and his staff that my children are in 'the best middle school in the world'

Posted October 23, 2008
i love scripps they have the best studens and teachers

Posted June 24, 2008
All my kids went to Scripps and I consider it to be a great school, with some excellent teachers - probably the best teachers in the district.

Posted March 20, 2005
I go to Scripps Middle School, currently (04'-05'). It is a really nice school- they just finished with thier construction about 10 months ago. The teachers (most of them) are really nice. I am in 8th grade right now, and I love my teachers. Instead of making class boring and tiresom they are all very energetic and they encourage you to meet your [highest] goals. The principals (Mr. Gutman- new assistant superintendant (starting next year), and Mr. Haas- new principal (also starting next year)) are great. Scripps is a really great middle school. (Hint: it's a blue ribbon school!)

Scripps Middle School
385 East Scripps Road, Orion Township, MI  48360
Last modified Scripps Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Scripps Middle School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top