Orion Township, MI

Posted December 16, 2014
We have attended St. Joes for more than ten years. We were lucky enough to get a new principal a few years back and she has done an outstanding job. Mrs. Evoy is young, personable and inviting to all. Not only does she hold the students to high standards, but the teachers also. Everyone is accountable for their actions. My son graduated St. Joes two yrs. ago and went onto OLSM. He is now ranked number 1 in his sophmore class. He was very well prepared for 9th grade. My daughters still attend St. Joes and are excelling academically. My 8th grader is taking Honors Geometry along with Algebra1. My 5th grader is very independent and looking forward to middle school.

St Joseph School 3

Posted March 21, 2014
We have attended SJS for 10 years with 3 children. One child has since graduated from SJS. Since the new principal has been at the school these past 2 years, the family like atmosphere has diminished. She is focusing on getting new members into the pre-K and is forgetting about keeping the middle school enrollment strong. The middle school teachers are not teaching my children to their full potential. The elementary teachers are fabulous. The school has turned into a business rather than a community. Parents used to be very involved in the school. Now a days, parents are not that involved. That speaks a lot about the administration. The principal and pastor have not listened to parents disagreements or how to discipline the children. Bullying is a huge factor in the middle school. The principal is unsupportive of the middle school kids.

Posted February 23, 2014
St. Joseph School is worth every penny. Test scores are consistently higher than Lake Orion public. Classroom size is excellent. Our son loves St. Joes. Those teachers that left in the previous review, either retired or needed to go.

St Joseph School 3

Posted August 29, 2013
Teachers are extremely dedicated and compassionate. A year ago a new administration and principal came on board and since then there has been a decrease in enrollment and huge turnover in teachers, many of whom have left with very little notice to go onto positions in the public system. Administration seems most concerned about issues related to student discipline, which in the grand scheme of things are relatively minor. There is little to no dialogue about the change in "spirit" of the school. Very sad.

Posted April 22, 2013
St Joseph school is an outstanding school. The teachers are very kind and extremely competent. The school staff is very helpful. It is amazing how my child has grown spiritually and academically since Elementary school. I am very thankful for having the opportunity to send my child to SJS and I recommend this institution to any parent that want to invest in the education and well-being of your children.

Posted April 21, 2013
I have one child at St. Joseph and another that will be attending next year. I will say that every penny you spend on private school tuition you will get back tenfold in years to come. Our family is so blessed to have found a school that truly cares about the children in a way all parents hope for. Everyone from the teachers, administrators, clergy and parents all take a vested interest in each student's academic success and most importantly their success in life. If you are considering the school I think you could find no better place to get a great education, great friends and a great experience!

Posted March 06, 2009
I have three kids at St. Joe's. All are excelling academically and morally. It is putting an excellent foundation in place for when they transition to public high schools. I highly recommend St. Joe's.

Posted March 06, 2009
I think the Lake Orion schools are outstanding. I have had children in both the public and St. Joseph School and I think Lake Orion is fortunate to have these schools to offer to people. Academically the the schools are second to none. The parent raises the child, your child can be a morally responsible person and an exemplary student if you care to raise them that way no matter where they go. The choices are ALL good in the LO!

Posted January 26, 2005
My experience with St. Joseph School and it's staff have been extraordinary. The spiritual as well as academic growth I have seen in my child has been priceless. I highly recommend St. Joseph School to those who are wavering the decision. It is a choice in which you will not regret. It has become more than a school, it has become family!

St Joseph School